PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who poses biggest threat in Divisional round?

This season will end at the hands of Lamar Jackson who the Pats should have drafted. I can't think if a more fitting ending to this disappointing season.

This season will end at the hands of Lamar Jackson who the Pats should have drafted. I can't think if a more fitting ending to this disappointing season.
Meh.

A typical belichick team would never lose to this ratbirds team. But this team can’t stop the run.

Have a hard time seeing a rookie QB coming to foxboro and winning a playoff game. There run game has gotten better with him but he is extremely limited as a passer right now

I think this oline is one of the best in the league. Going to be a tough out at home.

I think Indy is the worst matchup. This is a different Indy team. Much better more physical offensive line. And they stop the run. Think they’d give us a really good game.

The Ravens' defense should be a challenge for pretty much anyone who plays them. In their six games since the BYE, they've allowed an average of 17 ppg, in spite of their offense giving the ball away 8 times. They certainly looked impressive against the Chargers last week.

With Jackson, the Ravens' offense is about as run-oriented as it gets in the NFL these days - averaging 154 yds passing and 218 yds rushing since the BYE. The Chargers game was their first since the BYE in which they gained more yds passing than rushing (202/159).

The injury to Demaryius Thomas obviously hurts the Texans a lot.
Yep. Also, their OL is horrid. I believe they’ve given up 56 (and counting) sacks this season and that’s with a mobile QB :confused:

Yep. Also, their OL is horrid. I believe they’ve given up 56 (and counting) sacks this season and that’s with a mobile QB :confused:

Yep. Watson has been sacked 56 times ... 10.6% of his dropbacks.

Not sure how much of that is purely the OL, or partly Watson hanging onto the ball too long.

Yep. Watson has been sacked 56 times ... 10.6% of his dropbacks.

Not sure how much of that is purely the OL, or partly Watson hanging onto the ball too long.

Mixture of both. Watson does tend to hold the ball for a while and look for the big play a bit too often, though. That's one of the areas he needs to clean up the most, going forward, or his career will be shortened.

JJ Watt is about to enter his cocoon for the winter too.

Vs the Eagles, I watched him taken out by 1 blocker with Foles backed up in his own end zone. For the day - 3 tackles, 1 QB hurry, and a roughing the passer call.

JJ Watt is about to enter his cocoon for the winter too.

Vs the Eagles, I watched him taken out by 1 blocker with Foles backed up in his own end zone. For the day - 3 tackles, 1 QB hurry, and a roughing the passer call.

At the end of the game when everyone knew that Foles was passing the ball, Watt was invisible. The only thing I worry about when the Pats play against Watt is the late, low hit.

Assuming Pats take care of business this week, and assuming San Diego advances to play KC... who poses greatest threat Baltimore Houson or Indy...

I think playing Baltimore would present same challenge as Denver in AFCCG in '15... I'd like to avoid them so I'll be rooting for Houston I think.
Indy. Best balanced team, good QB.
BB will load up to stop the run against Baltimore.
BB will beat Houston - again.

At the end of the game when everyone knew that Foles was passing the ball, Watt was invisible. The only thing I worry about when the Pats play against Watt is the late, low hit.

Foles 480+ passing yards and 4 TDs.

What did Watt do all day?

None of course. 2 can never play 6 in the divisional round (and 1 can never play 3).
But I expect you know that and are being sarcastic to the person you’re replying to. :)

Not being sarcastic. I am trying to discuss things that are factual. People (and Cats) make continuity errors all of the time.

Amazing how Dallas has given up 51 with Dak Prescott. That OL was once considered to be the best in football until they lost their center, Travis Frederick. Now, I think it probably goes to Pittsburgh, who has three starting pro bowlers.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back