PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your all-time favorite Patriots linebacker?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Favorite Patriots LB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippett is probably best of all time.
And Bruschi is best of the current Pats (well, until we get to see AD play!)

But for my vote I remember a guy who was just fun to watch because of the brutal hits he laid out, Vincent "the Hitman" Brown. He had a cool name and he could really lay the lumber. I just loved how when Brown hit a guy, the guy didn't just go down, he often went BACKWARDS! I guess Vincent Brown would be my underdog pick.
http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=2761

Great list though, can't really go wrong with Tippett or Bruschi. Bruschi has really been one of the keys to our defenses during the 3 of 4 Superbowl run.

Last edited:
First, I gotta say, I love threads like this. I think it's an absolute travesty that Vincent Brown isn't on this list. Vince, in my opinion, was a beast!. He also had the best body of any Patriot, ever! The dude, in his prime, would make Eagles muscleman Takeo Spikes look scrawny.

Vincent "the Undertaker" Brown also had the best nickname of any Patriot player, ever. I don't think I ever recall hearing him called "the hitman," though.

Special mention goes out to Ted Johnson whom I saw make some of the most astounding plays from my old endzone seat under the jumbotron back in the old stadium.

Anyone remeber Ted Johnson's Bo Jackson moment....when, in a game against the Dolphins, he hit Fins' guard Jamie Nails so hard that it cracked Nails' riddell helmet in two like a split coconut. Wow!!

Say a prayer for TJ...

Any way that's my $.02!

Tippett is probably best of all time.
And Bruschi is best of the current Pats (well, until we get to see AD play!)

But for my vote I remember a guy who was just fun to watch because of the brutal hits he laid out, Vincent "the Hitman" Brown. He had a cool name and he could really lay the lumber. I just loved how when Brown hit a guy, the guy didn't just go down, he often went BACKWARDS! I guess Vincent Brown would be my underdog pick.
http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=2761

Great list though, can't really go wrong with Tippett or Bruschi. Bruschi has really been one of the keys to our defenses during the 3 of 4 Superbowl run.

Last edited:
My Anyone else is big Sam Hunt, #50 from the mid 70's. One of the first really big LB's.

Sam Hunt came to mind for me as well. Not necessarily an all-time LB, but certainly memorable for his size.

I seem to remember one game where he intercepted a pass, had the whole field in front of him, but unfortunately had about 70 yards to make it to the end zone. He ran about 50 yards before he ran out of gas and pretty much collapsed --- funny to remember.

The Undertaker, Vincent Brown.

For those that remember, George Webster was a great one though his great years was with the Oilers, he still had some good ones with the Pats.
RIP George its too bad the NFL treated you like crap I think anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back