PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your all-time favorite Patriots linebacker?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Favorite Patriots LB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On the subject of LB depth issues with this team,in related topic, who is your favorite of all time?

Last edited:
Johnny Rembert. I picked him out on special teams and said this guys going to make it and he did, (two pro bowls).

I'm not saying the best, but he was my favorite because he paid his dues, provided a great young backup option while on STs and kicked ass when he got his shot.

We could use a similar type of LB today IMO.:D

Clayton Weishuhn. Big red-necked Texan ILB. He partnered well with Nelson when he was healthy, but couldn't keep a pair of healthy knees under him.

Tedi?

Most people misspell using the traditional double "d" but this is a new one.

I wish I could had seen Tippett play. I've seen a highlight or two and he looked as if he was a dominate player on a bad team. It would be interesting to see if he was on a winning team or put on the 2003 team while he was in his prime, would he be the fan's favorite LB?

In the same air, I gotta go with Bruschi. He might not be the athlete that Tippett was, but he played smart, played hard and produced on a team that needed his presence to do what they have. Brain Cox was fun to watch throughout his career and if he played longer for the Pats (and earlier in his career), he could be up there.

Ted Johnson is my least favorite. Guy clearly has issues that I have to believe are attributed to football, but that isn't all to blame. I would venture to think he had issues prior to playing in the pros.

Vincent Brown

I wish I could had seen Tippett play. I've seen a highlight or two and he looked as if he was a dominate player on a bad team. It would be interesting to see if he was on a winning team or put on the 2003 team while he was in his prime, would he be the fan's favorite LB?

In the same air, I gotta go with Bruschi. He might not be the athlete that Tippett was, but he played smart, played hard and produced on a team that needed his presence to do what they have. Brain Cox was fun to watch throughout his career and if he played longer for the Pats (and earlier in his career), he could be up there.

Ted Johnson is my least favorite. Guy clearly has issues that I have to believe are attributed to football, but that isn't all to blame. I would venture to think he had issues prior to playing in the pros.
depression is a tough thing, over 35 million people deal with it , when he played he was a good run stuffer, clearly you need to seperate the two, and just because he is suffering from depression,it is no reason to talk bad about him, i hope you never ge tit

Vincent Brown and Tippett were AWESOME, definitely the BEST. But my favorite will always be Tedy. Not as good as those two at their peak, but a terrific playmaker and the embodiment of that work-hard, play-hard D.

Sam Hunt was pretty damn good. Huge, but still agile.

Nick Buoniconti was our first big time linebacker. He was our #13

draft pick in 1962. He played both guard and linebacker at Notre Dame.

He was considered too small to play pro football.

Last edited:
This is an impossible question to answer. In terms of favorites, you have to take their personalities into account.

Andre Tippett, Willie McGinest and Tedy Bruschi are at the top of the list for me. Tedy may be 1a. to Andre and Willie's 1b. Andre was the best player of the 3, but Willie came up big again and again in crucial instances, while I simply love Tedy's trashtalk and demeanor out there.

You can do this rather easily at other positions. For instance,

OL: Hannah
DL: Adams, with Seymour creeping up.
RB: Sam Bam
WR: Stanley Morgan, Troy a bit behind
TE: Coates, Francis further behind
CB: Ray Clayborn and Ty Law are tied (Haynes left too early)
QB: Brady, Grogan much further behind
S: Harrison wins by default, his only competition is Tim Fox and Roland James
LB: too many to count

Last edited:
Vincent Brown was one of the reasons I became a Patriots fan so it's a no brainer for me.

mgteich
you said willie
yet you always spelt his name wrong-mcguinest
were you tryin to jus make it look like the beer the whole time???

Mikey Vrabes. I just like his style, old school type player with a nice swagger. Who needs Deion Branch with his 1 career superbowl TD when you have Vrabel with his 2 career superbowl TD.

mgteich
you said willie
yet you always spelt his name wrong-mcguinest
were you tryin to jus make it look like the beer the whole time???

when you're not too busy correcting other posters:

it's SPELLED.......not SPELT....jeeeesh

Bruschi.....Class act all the way.

Athletes should take a lesson from him on how to behave and be a great teammate.

Yea I will have to go with Tedy just an all around great player on and off the field

Last edited:
There has been so many Buonoconti, McGinnest, Tippett, Nelson, Weishun et al..

But have to go with full tilt, full time all the time #54 Teddy B. he may not have had the greatest ability, but he has played with his heart and soul since he has been here

But have to go with full tilt, full time all the time #54 Teddy B. he may not have had the greatest ability, but he has played with his heart and soul since he has been here

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays ...

There has been so many Buonoconti, McGinnest, Tippett, Nelson, Weishun et al..

I agree with your assessment of Tedy but if you think Andre did not play his entire career with the same kind of heart and effort I beg to differ - At least Tedy has had a great supporting cast around him most years in his career

It seems Andre only had a handful of good talented guys around him and had to endure far more pathetic crap players on his teams and lousy coaches than Tedy has been fortunate not to have had to deal with - If Tippett had played in Belichicks era he may have made Lawrence Taylor look like Monty Beisel in terms of statistics in a career and definately would already be in the HOF .

That said I think its Tippett #1 and Bruschi #2 far above the others on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing