PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where was Gary Guyton vs Jets last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Guyton, who has had three-plus years in the defense, including 2009 when he started beside Mayo in the 3-4, lost his spot to Tarpinian, who missed all of training camp and was seen as a special teamer/53rd guy on the roster. Guyton is more experienced, faster, and stouter than Tarpinian.

There have just been a number of cases where Guyton is planted in place, watching the play, trying to figure out where to go. He seems to have regressed - not sure why instincts would regress.

Greetings,
I don't know how this guy could be in the dog house, I do not have high expectations out of him anyway. Neither should BB. He is a nice guy to have on your roster when you do not have anyone else to play linebacker.
Celticboy04

Guyton has already been cut at least once that I can remember....how he made his way back onto the roster is something only BB and Pepper knows...

:eek:

i dont know if anybody else noticed, but gary guyton is AWFUL. he has terrible football instincts which makes his "elite" speed make him appear slow. worse, he is horrible at the point of attack and is often bullied. teams go right at him whenever he is in. ive said this for years. i hope the coaches see what i see and we dont have to see him on the field much.

i think when spikes and fletcher get healthy our LB corp will actually be pretty strong. and god willing our DL will keep up the amazing play and keep getting pressure on the QB.

Well I'm with ya but when are Spikes and Fletcher going to be healthy? Especailly Fletcher, that guy plays heads up.

Wait! I'm confused.
Has Guyton replaced Sergio Brown as our whipping boy?
It's hard to keep up.

Interesting that Guyton, who has had three-plus years in the defense, including 2009 when he started beside Mayo in the 3-4, lost his spot to Tarpinian, who missed all of training camp and was seen as a special teamer/53rd guy on the roster. Guyton is more experienced, faster, and stouter than Tarpinian.

There have just been a number of cases where Guyton is planted in place, watching the play, trying to figure out where to go. He seems to have regressed - not sure why instincts would regress.
And much less interesting when you recognize he did not lose his spot, but was injured.

Agreed. I think he has regressed, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see his playing time diminish as the year goes along.

The one thing I've noticed about Guyton that really pisses me off is his propensity to shy away from contact. Either way, he sucks.

Agreed. I think he has regressed, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see his playing time diminish as the year goes along.

The one thing I've noticed about Guyton that really pisses me off is his propensity to shy away from contact. Either way, he sucks.

For some unexplicable reason, some players do seem to regress. Unusual in their 3rd season though. That said, I'm pleased that we now seem to have several better options at LB than Guyton.

He had a injury that seemed to have slowed him down quiet a bit.

he makes plays the guy runs faster than any LB when healthy and is 6 5.2 things that we cannot teach.

he came on strong in the 4-3 when he was not asked to take on gaurds till his ankle thing. he seems slower. I hope comes back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes