PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where was Gary Guyton vs Jets last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skspikex2

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Guyton?

I didn't see Guyton on the field at any of the snaps, did he actually dress up? Tracy White show improvement.

Re: Guyton?

I didn't see Guyton on the field at any of the snaps, did he actually dress up? Tracy White show improvement.

He was active, but evidently he is in the dog house, is walking wounded, or both.

Tarp took his spot. I think he might be better than Guyton.

Plus Tarp was more of a nickel hybrid of a LB/S.

Rather see him and what he has to offer than lanky deer.

Who cares?

Was hoping to see this, don't know if Tarp is the answer though. But Guyton was only out because he was not really healthy for the game.

Damn.. I was hoping the Pats had actually cut Guyton and I had missed it.. The guy has been garbage all year except for the fluke interception he got.

Re: paardon my ignorance but where was guyton last night

I figured it was because the Jets were planning on running a lot, that he wouldn't see a lot of action, but at the end of the game they had to throw, so I'm not sure why he wasn't out there. Also they mentioned that Tarpainian (sorry not looking up correct spelling) wasn't a good run stopping LB but he started, so that really confused me.

Guyton was injured last week, but he was active. White and Tarpinian both played a lot since Fletcher and Spikes were also out.

Riding the pine. He's been bumped by Tarp and Tracy White.

Last edited:

Could be a good thing. Guyton should be our last option really and has no business starting.

With McCourty, Chung, Meriweather , Sanders, Bodden, Spikes, Cunninhgam, Brace, Butler...

Guyton is a really bad guesser taking on blockers in the run game. He also gets lost in the passing games sometimes. That being said, he comes up with a game altering play every now and again. I think Guyton would benefit form having his role refined on a game to game basis, not expanded through injury. But hey when someone goes down he steps up not back.

On the bench, where he should be, if not off the team altogether.

I think Guyton has been a real problem for this team - good to see there are other options

i dont know if anybody else noticed, but gary guyton is AWFUL. he has terrible football instincts which makes his "elite" speed make him appear slow. worse, he is horrible at the point of attack and is often bullied. teams go right at him whenever he is in. ive said this for years. i hope the coaches see what i see and we dont have to see him on the field much.

i think when spikes and fletcher get healthy our LB corp will actually be pretty strong. and god willing our DL will keep up the amazing play and keep getting pressure on the QB.

Tarp took his spot. I think he might be better than Guyton.

Plus Tarp was more of a nickel hybrid of a LB/S.

Rather see him and what he has to offer than lanky deer.
Actually Tarp took Spikes place in the base, and WHITE took Guytons place in the sub.
Clearly Guyton was too injured to play.

Guyton was injured last week, but he was active. White and Tarpinian both played a lot since Fletcher and Spikes were also out.
I think the answer is clear when you recognize he didnt even play a special teams snap.

And not a moment to soon. He's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back