Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Nowhere (Retire)

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking: Tom Brady in “serious discussions” with Washington Generals

Unfortunately it won't be with Pats.

Brady's father several years ago said "It won't end well". Certainly Tom has told him something.

Pats will not be able to promise Brady any great new FA addictions prior to FA signing period,

BB is not going to be played.

Just do not understand why the Patriots gave up all their leverage by agreeing to not franchise him this year. That was a colossal mistake.

Unfortunately it won't be with Pats.

Brady's father several years ago said "It won't end well". Certainly Tom has told him something.

Pats will not be able to promise Brady any great new FA addictions prior to FA signing period,

BB is not going to be played.

Just do not understand why the Patriots gave up all their leverage by agreeing to not franchise him this year. That was a colossal mistake.

So the next guy is gonna work with what Brady worked with?

Because the only way Brady was gonna sign a deal last year without the option to go to free agency was if the Pats were willing to do a multi year deal Brady felt was fair. The Pats didn’t hold all the leverage. The player has to agree to the deal.

With SF loosing last night, and Jimmy finally pooping his pants on the biggest game, Brady might finally play for his dream team next season ??? Trade or cut Jimmy (4.2 mil in dead money I believe if cut), I’m sure Brady would take pennies to play for his child hood team that has everything now to be in the SB again next year. Also someone on fox sports 1 said that he made 6 mil for his commercial last night ! I mean a couple more of those and he is good !!
Just imagine what TB12 could do with that running game and Kittle. Oh, man, oh, man. As multiple posters noted the day after the game, if Brady had been playing for the Niners last Sunday the Chiefs would've lost in a blowout.

SF went 4-12 last year without him, and he came back and not only led them to the #1 seed, but was winning the SB with half a quarter to play. Had KC not scored 21 fourth quarter points on that defense, we’d likely be talking about JG as the SB MVP. Why on earth would they want to part with Garoppolo?
Did you watch the game? Jimmy G played about as well in the second half as his adult-star girlfriend would have.

I gotta say, I don't think it looks good for Brady to be in NE, but definitely not because his dad said several years ago it won't end well.

28.3 million per year
$28,300 per game roster bonus

1554048_1.jpg

Did you watch the game? Jimmy G played about as well in the second half as his adult-star girlfriend would have.
I think that’s a bit unfair. They were up 20-10 with less than ten minutes to play, and many felt that he would have been the MVP at that time. Sure, he finished 3/11 and had a poor fourth quarter, but that shouldn’t discredit the idea that he was a big part of their success this year.

I think that’s a bit unfair. They were up 20-10 with less than ten minutes to play, and many felt that he would have been the MVP at that time. Sure, he finished 3/11 and had a poor fourth quarter, but that shouldn’t discredit the idea that he was a big part of their success this year.
I missed the part about him being potentially the MVP. I heard commentators talking about how he had the chance to prove the naysayers wrong if he ended up leading them to victory in the game...which of course he did the exact opposite of.

I'll grant that he's a better than average QB, and certainly made them better this year than they were last year without him. But he folded like a cheap suit in that fourth quarter - he was the anti-Brady, i.e. he choked, and did so mightily.

I missed the part about him being potentially the MVP.
He was 18/21 at the time, with ten minutes to go and his team up 20-10. Yes, I think it’s safe to say that he was the front runner at that point to win the MVP. Which other player on either side of the ball warranted consideration for an award that has historically favored the winning team’s QB?

It’s unfortunate for him that he went 3/11 from there on out, but my point stands that he was squarely in the discussion before Kyle Shanahan’s epic collapse v2.0.

And it was a fine voyage before the iceberg. Sure he a lot to do with a winning season. However, I do agree that Brady would have done as well, and better than 3/11 and a poor 4th quarter.

Was thinking about the question in the thread topic this morning.

Part of me thinks that Brady already knows what he's going to do. He either wants to come back to the Pats or doesn't. He doesn't need to "think about it". What additional information could he get that would make him decide whether to stay or not -- he's had 20 years with the franchise and knows all the pros and cons already. Surely he's not going to make his decision based on a two hour PowerPoint presentation from Jon Gruden....right?

So with that said, does anyone think that Brady knows he wants to come back, but is interested in seeing what the process of being a free agent is like, just because he's never had to do it before? Maybe watching Pink Head go through the process in 2012 was interesting to him. I wonder if Brady tells the Pats he's coming back but let him go through the process just for that experience. He could do it during the legal tampering period to avoid the cap hit dynamics if he re-signs after March 18th.

Does that sound ridiculous?

...or no?

Was thinking about the question in the thread topic this morning.

Part of me thinks that Brady already knows what he's going to do. He either wants to come back to the Pats or doesn't. He doesn't need to "think about it". What additional information could he get that would make him decide whether to stay or not -- he's had 20 years with the franchise and knows all the pros and cons already. Surely he's not going to make his decision based on a two hour PowerPoint presentation from Jon Gruden....right?

So with that said, does anyone think that Brady knows he wants to come back, but is interested in seeing what the process of being a free agent is like, just because he's never had to do it before? Maybe watching Pink Head go through the process in 2012 was interesting to him. I wonder if Brady tells the Pats he's coming back but let him go through the process just for that experience. He could do it during the legal tampering period to avoid the cap hit dynamics if he re-signs after March 18th.

Does that sound ridiculous?

...or no?

So your suggestion is that Brady should play games with the team, just as Gronk did last year?

He could. I just don't think that he will. I expect a signed contract by March 2 or perhaps the 9th, or I expect to see Belichick execute the no-Brady plan, including strongly going after players in the 3 days before the end of the season.

Back with Patriots. Do you really see them forfeiting 10+ mill to get rid of him?

No, it's much more likely he stays, some pricey guys on the defense are parted with like every season, and we try and add some pieces to the offense. Right now, the RB group stays, we get Develin and Andrews back, and Harry, Edelman, Sanu, Meyers will still be here next year. Getting one of the top TEs would open up the offense for everyone and make Brady happier. This year's 1st round is also stacked with good WRs (and who knows, we may finally be in a position to grab them).

On God, the RB group is TURRIBLE. We can trade Sony for low end 1st rd or higher rd 2nd. He's just overwhelming bad.

On God, the RB group is TURRIBLE. We can trade Sony for low end 1st rd or higher rd 2nd. He's just overwhelming bad.
So you can trade an 'overwhelming bad' RB for a low 1st? How come you aren't GMing every team in the league?

Last edited:
So, do we think Fauria knows anything or is this just another hot take? (Fauria's on the radio claiming NE is virtually certain to move on from Brady).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes