PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did Brady, become Brady, and Bill become IBWT? Just an open discussion to see where people stand.

fantasy football...

says it all.
You shouldn't poo-poo fantasy football. It's a good time and if you're good at it then there's also money to be made. I'm going to start a fantasy football league for the forum next season. You're welcome to join in.

Probably for the same reason I’m not going to ask you who you have ranked above him. :rolleyes:
I'll get back to you tomorrow when I have more time to flesh out an answer.

I rank Belichick higher on the list of all-time head coaches than @MAC10 has Brady on the all-time quarterbacks list. I'm pretty sure he has Brady 5th. How utterly ridiculous is that?

What's your top 4 head coaches?

My apologies Ian, I had no intentions of letting this roller coaster loose. Just wanted some feedback, that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian
I will hate Ben Dreith to my eventual death...Brady hadn't even come into existence. Belichick was playing soccer or some shyt. When did Brady and Bill become these Patriot paragons? Too late to ever soothe the animosity, the visceral hatred I still hold for that scumbag, Dreith.

Bill became Bill when he shut the Rams out in SB 36. That was an amazing game plan. However Brady became Brady for me half way through the 2004 season, when I could clearly see the 3rd SB in 4 years. I still get goosebumps when I think about their first dynasty !

I will hate Ben Dreith to my eventual death...Brady hadn't even come into existence. Belichick was playing soccer or some shyt. When did Brady and Bill become these Patriot paragons? Too late to ever soothe the animosity, the visceral hatred I still hold for that scumbag, Dreith.
I remember seeing Dreith in an interview a few years later and he seemed happy about giving that game to the Raiders. He actually sounded like a Raider or Al Davis fan.

The worst thing of all though was that the Steelers lost Franco Harris and Rocky Blier in the early game that day and the winner of our game would have a free ride to the SB, where a crappy NFC team would be the opponent.

And 25 years later we tucked it to the Raiders on the way to the beginning of the greatest run in NYFL history.

Getting this back on track, for me, for Bill, I'd have to say the first Rams regular season game. That was when I first thought, "Man...they really have something here and if they play them again down the road, I like their chances."

For Brady...that's a tough one. I would say the first away game in 2001 against Buffalo where he got his helmet knocked off and got right back up and they ended up winning in OT. He showed me he was a tough, gritty kid on top of being smart with the football and getting things done. That was probably the moment where I really started feeling like, "yeah ... Drew is done here." And I was a HUGE Bledsoe guy ;)
I had the same feeling about that first Rams game. If not for a Smith fumble down at the goal line in the first half things could have been much different. That's why when they made it to the playoffs I started to argue with Pats fans who didn't think they could win it all. One of them even said "they may make it to the SB but there's no way they beat the Rams." I still tease him about that when I see him.

I was never a very big Bledsoe fan, mostly because I saw him force the ball a lot and because he didn't seem to feel pressure coming. He also had a problem on the short swing passes to the RBs, many times throwing behind them, forcing them to stop. He also had a bad habit of throwing the long passes off of his back foot and under throwing them. That one cost us big in the SB vs GB on a pass meant for Shawn Jefferson.

Then I saw Brady in action. He did all the things well that Drew didn't and that was it for me. In the Brady/Bledsoe War of 2001 I was firmly in Brady's camp.

As for that Buffalo game, that was the one where David Patten had the fumble along the sideline that would have ended the game but the ball was called dead because the fumble touched Patten (who might have been out cold after taking on a hit instead of going OOB. I still remember how tough that game was too. It was as hard hitting as any game I remember.

• Winner
One last thing regarding the 1983-1990 NYG... Bill Parcells was the head coach. The same head coach who won Super Bowls with different quarterbacks. Who turned around 4 different franchises. I know a lot of people here dislike Parcells because of how it ended in NE but he was a brilliant head coach.
What Parcells had was great timing. Look at the records of the teams he took over. They couldn't go anywhere but up, especially the 1-15 Jets.

It wasn't Tuna Crap's brilliance or his QBs that won him his two SBs, it was the studs he had on defense. Luckily for BB, he had both.

I had the same feeling about that first Rams game. If not for a Smith fumble down at the goal line in the first half things could have been much different.
Then the Rams took it the length of the field to score. 14 point swing. Antowain scores there they probably win that game.

You essentially said Belichick's SB 25 game plan ruined the k-gun offense. Apparently not when they were top 3 in points and yards for the following two seasons and made it back to three more SBs. You made a false claim.

From 1985 to 1996 the NFC won 13 consecutive Super Bowls, many by blowouts. The AFC was the inferior conference so Buffalo was a big fish in a small pond in those AFC playoffs. Much different story for them in the SBs.
The AFC has never been the inferior conference. They have a season's record of 32-20-2 vs the NFC and have won 99 more games overall. They even caught up in SB wins in spite of the 13 game run, but lost the last two to go behind again. Even now, the NFC won the head to head competition by only 2 games in spite of playing 50 of the 80 games at home this year.

The NFC had two things going for it in the days of the 13 game SB winning streak. #1 was that they were top heavy and that may have been because of #2, that two of the teams that accounted for much of that streak (SF and Dallas) were playing games with the salary cap.

My apologies Ian, I had no intentions of letting this roller coaster loose. Just wanted some feedback, that's all.

What did you expect on this forum? Have you been paying attention for the past few years? Crawhammer, as usual, derailed this thread on the 4th reply...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
I don't know that. All I do know is that he never has.
Too bad he had a HOF QB for 20 years, because he would've had a better chance to prove it.

What Parcells had was great timing. Look at the records of the teams he took over. They couldn't go anywhere but up, especially the 1-15 Jets.

It wasn't Tuna Crap's brilliance or his QBs that won him his two SBs, it was the studs he had on defense. Luckily for BB, he had both.
Studs on defense, yeah with the Giants.

But why weren't those studs stellar before Belichick came on board? 1996 Patriots, 1998 Jets, 2001 Patriots.

It's pretty curious coincidence

No need for apologies. Every thread has some tangents. This one has plenty of good posts, so you're good ;)

We'll have to agree to disagree on Parcells. I think he's an all-time great head coach. No question.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back