PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When can N'Keal Harry practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The benefit of adding Harry is that he has had a few practices under his belt and is familiar with the offense, bringing in another WR will create another learning curve for the player along with the "Brady Confidence" factor..

How many times has this team brought in a WR only to find he cannot grasp this offense??.. there is no quick fix here.

For #12 to be as effective as we know him to be, need also to bring back Wynn, add a FB and a TE to compliment what we have now.. he cannot stand up to the amount of pressure he is receiving, and there is enough tape available to show the vulnerabilities of the O line..

AB seemed to grasp it ok. 3 catches and TD on first drive with team.

Good news. But also expected and I never understood the people who doubted he would come off IR.
Well we do have quite a few guys on IR. Hope Harry can contribute, excited to have him.

It looks like they are bringing back Harry plus Wynn/Develin. My guess (hope) is that Wynn comes back and Develin remains on IR. We can't have Marshall Newhouse as our LT for the rest of the year.

Wynn is a certainty. The question was between Harry and Develin, which appears to have been answered. :)

That was my point Harry is familiar and has been working in this system, if you bring in someone new they have to learn this complicated offense.. many have difficulty with it..

Harry is big dude, he can help with the blocking too
not necessarily
Izzo is a "big dude" also and the league's worst blocker among TE's.

AB was given very basic routes that were outside of the regular system the Pat's run. They basically said run this route and beat your man. They just wanted to get him involved quickly. He was not running the offense in the same sense as say Edelman

Good news. But also expected and I never understood the people who doubted he would come off IR.

He's the least likely to be significant help of the 3 possible returnees, and initial reports on Develin seem to have underestimated the severity of his injury. That's why.

As I posted in another thread:

Designated to Return

AB was given very basic routes that were outside of the regular system the Pat's run. They basically said run this route and beat your man. They just wanted to get him involved quickly. He was not running the offense in the same sense as say Edelman

why didn’t we do that with dwayne allen. He caught one pass in 2 years or something

not necessarily
Izzo is a "big dude" also and the league's worst blocker among TE's.

It seems possible that NE had designed some packages around big receivers that will create some of the same run/pass uncertainty TEs provided in the past. That was what I inferred from all size they acquired at the position this off-season. If that's the case, then adding another big receiver could be beneficial even without stellar blocking abilities.

How important was Malcolm Mitchell in SB 51?

Don't get me wrong...I HOPE Harry can be a difference maker...but Mitchell was actually an outlier.... Develin opening holes to get the run game going is more likely than Harry being a difference maker when we have Dorsett/Meyers or a vet WR (after a trade) filling in....

Don't get me wrong...I HOPE Harry can be a difference maker...but Mitchell was actually an outlier.... Develin opening holes to get the run game going is more likely than Harry being a difference maker when we have Dorsett/Meyers or a vet WR (after a trade) filling in....

Neck injury.

Develin is a FB.

You have no issues with that?

Neck injury.

Develin is a FB.

You have no issues with that?

My original post was prefaced with, "If Develin is 100%...."

why didn’t we do that with dwayne allen. He caught one pass in 2 years or something

Allen had a different job.

Edited to add: Do you think Allen and Brown have comparable separation skills?

there are several rookie receivers flashing potential this year. Marquise brown in BAL, DK Metcalf in SEA, Terry Mclauren...N'keal harry has 1st round wide receiver talent.

if he gets the offense, no reason he cant contribute here. Other than skepticism given the past history of patriots rookie receivers. But, then again when is the last time the patriots drafted a guy like harry?

Because Allen isn't AB and doesn't have the same physical skill set

Because Allen isn't AB and doesn't have the same physical skill set

Or the same job.

Allen is as bad at receiving as AB is at power blocking.

It looks like they are bringing back Harry plus Wynn/Develin. My guess (hope) is that Wynn comes back and Develin remains on IR. We can't have Marshall Newhouse as our LT for the rest of the year.
What happens to Trent Williams... Not saying we will get him but what will Washington do with a guy who has dug in

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST