PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When can N'Keal Harry practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to pro football reference, Mitchell started in 6 games that year due to the injury situations of other WRs.

In those 6 games:

2 catches for 33 yards
2 catches for 7 yards
4 catches for 98 yards *
8 catches for 82 yards *
1 catch for 14 yards
3 catches for 29 yards

*Two of three of his best games, the other being the SB comeback (6 catches for 70 yards).

In 4/6 starts, he had 33 yards or less. The legend of Malcolm Mitchell has grown due to coming up big in the comeback, particularly on one drive where he had a few clutch catches.
Right, similar to Meyers production and situation now. Thing is, if we came into 2016 with Mitchell being counted on to be one of the top options and Brady having nothing better to throw at I bet his stat line is around the same as Dobson's rookie year

Right, similar to Meyers production and situation now. Thing is, if we came into 2016 with Mitchell being counted on to be one of the top options and Brady having nothing better to throw at I bet his stat line is around the same as Dobson's rookie year
I’m sure that it would be very similar, yes. My point was more to show that Harry has a reasonable path at similar production than to discredit Mitchell, although I do think some here get carried away with what they remember for Mitchell’s season.

According to pro football reference, Mitchell started in 6 games that year due to the injury situations of other WRs.

In those 6 games:

2 catches for 33 yards
2 catches for 7 yards
4 catches for 98 yards *
8 catches for 82 yards *
1 catch for 14 yards
3 catches for 29 yards

*Two of three of his best games, the other being the SB comeback (6 catches for 70 yards).

In 4/6 starts, he had 33 yards or less. The legend of Malcolm Mitchell has grown due to coming up big in the comeback, particularly on one drive where he had a few clutch catches.

Mitchell's a fairly typical example of what people call rookie success, and your citing to his numbers illustrates why people here shouldn't be relying on Harry to be any kind of savior. 32 catches on 48 targets is nice, but it's what we should be looking at for the top end, and he had a total of 6 catches in the team's first 7 games. He actually had more than half of his season's catches in a 3 game span.

It would be awesome if Harry gave us an Anquan Boldin rookie season (101 catches as a rookie) type of second half. But outliers are outliers for a reason.

Mitchell's a fairly typical example of what people call rookie success, and your citing to his numbers illustrates why people here shouldn't be relying on Harry to be any kind of savior. 32 catches on 48 targets is nice, but it's what we should be looking at for the top end, and he had a total of 6 catches in the team's first 7 games. He actually had more than half of his season's catches in a 3 game span.

It would be awesome if Harry gave us an Anquan Boldin rookie season (101 catches as a rookie) type of second half. But outliers are outliers for a reason.
If he gave us 101 catches in half a season, that would indeed be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft