PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with the Chiefs?

Every club is obligated under the Constitution and Bylaws to have its team ready to play at the scheduled time and place. A failure to do so is deemed conduct detrimental. There is no right to postpone a game. Postponements will only occur if required by government authorities, medical experts, or at the Commissioner’s discretion.

In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group.

If a game is cancelled/postponed because a club cannot play due to a Covid spike among or resulting from its non-vaccinated players/staff, then the burden of the cancellation or delay will fall on the club experiencing the Covid infection. We will seek to minimize the burden on the opposing club or clubs. If a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams.

Whether to reschedule a postponed game will be dependent on health and safety reasons at the recommendation of medical experts as well as considerations of stadium availability, schedule integrity, fan convenience, and other appropriate matters.

If a game cannot be rescheduled within the current 18-week schedule and is cancelled due to a Covid outbreak among non-vaccinated players on one of the competing teams, the club with the outbreak will forfeit the contest and will be deemed to have played 16 games for purposes of draft, waiver priority, etc. For the purposes of playoff seeding, the forfeiting team will be credited with a loss and the other team will be credited with a win.

If neither the Chiefs nor the Steelers have multiple new cases the rest of the week, they should not have a medical justification to postpone the game (ie. chance of worsening the outbreak if the game is played on Sunday). Currently, there is no evidence of a similar outbreak with the Steelers. According to the NFL COVID protocols, the game should be played as currently scheduled even if all of those Chiefs players are unable to test out by Sunday, as long as they don’t drop below 46 eligible players.

Then again, the NFL has been known to change rules on the fly.
I highly doubt any more games get rescheduled because of the new protocols that have been put in place. That was the leagues answer to the outbreaks.

Glorious bump. Bengals take down Chiefs and the one seed goes to Titans. So delicious.

Glorious bump. Bengals take down Chiefs and the one seed goes to Titans. So delicious.
We've never seen the Mahomes Chiefs without a 1st round bye. Should be interesting

We've never seen the Mahomes Chiefs without a 1st round bye. Should be interesting
Pretty awesome. It will be tough for them to win 3 games to get back to the Bowl. Their defense came crashing back down to earth today too. Got crushed and committed dumb penalties.

Chiefs defensive backs lost almost every single 50-50 ball thrown in chase’s direction.

Titans will be very hard to beat in the playoffs, especially since all the games will probably be in Tenn. I don't see them losing the #1 seed.

What a pathetic choke job.

Why aren’t any of the talking heads talking about the fact that the chiefs have lost to every current afc play-off team they’ve met?

Titans, Bills, Bengals, Chargers. Haven’t played Colts and Patriots. Did split with the Chargers.
That involves the talking heads actually doing statistical research, which none of them do.

Why aren’t any of the talking heads talking about the fact that the chiefs have lost to every current afc play-off team they’ve met?

Titans, Bills, Bengals, Chargers. Haven’t played Colts and Patriots. Did split with the Chargers.
Because people are crying that the Refs robbed them in Cincy.

They had supposedly righted the ship and had returned to media darlings.

Because people are crying that the Refs robbed them in Cincy.
Jesus QueefsPlanet is blowing up over that.
They had supposedly righted the ship and had returned to media darlings.

They seem to not want the Chargers at all. If I were them I wouldn't want them either.

…I was pulling for them in the sb last year
Carpetbagger, in the United States, a derogatory term for an individual from the North who relocated to the South during the Reconstruction period (1865–77), following the American Civil War or in 2020 when the individual's initial team did not have enough stars to make him look special. The term was applied to Northern politicians, diva QBs, and financial adventurers whom Southerners accused of coming to the South to use the newly enfranchised freedmen as a means of obtaining office, profit, or shallow victories.

1641332760348.png

Jesus QueefsPlanet is blowing up over that.

They seem to not want the Chargers at all. If I were them I wouldn't want them either.
They want the Patriots in the 1st round of all wildcards.

The irony is that the Patriots match up well vs KC
I dunno. Their offense has been playing much better.

We'd need to put up 30 to beat them in Arrowhead. Not sure we are there yet.

I get that they are probably the ‘most trusted’ team since they have the stud qb, and i dont have a big problem with people picking them. But With them at the 2 seed , i personally have trouble seeing them in the super bowl.

At the 2, if things go relatively as planned, they are probably looking at chargers or colts round one. Both are difficult matchups for them. If they get past that , probably looking at Cincinnati round 2, who of course just beat them. Get past that, and probably looking at ten/buf/us, all again very tough matchups for them. Buf and ten already smashed them, their d is better since then but still cracked against the only good offenses they faced . I just dont see them with all their issues pulling that off to make the sb.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back