PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with the Chiefs?

I get that they are probably the ‘most trusted’ team since they have the stud qb, and i dont have a big problem with people picking them. But With them at the 2 seed , i personally have trouble seeing them in the super bowl.

At the 2, if things go relatively as planned, they are probably looking at chargers or colts round one. Both are difficult matchups for them. If they get past that , probably looking at Cincinnati round 2, who of course just beat them. Get past that, and probably looking at ten/buf/us, all again very tough matchups for them. Buf and ten already smashed them, their d is better since then but still cracked against the only good offenses they faced . I just dont see them with all their issues pulling that off to make the sb.
Titans vs GB is my pick

Carpetbagger, in the United States, a derogatory term for an individual from the North who relocated to the South during the Reconstruction period (1865–77), following the American Civil War or in 2020 when the individual's initial team did not have enough stars to make him look special. The term was applied to Northern politicians, diva QBs, and financial adventurers whom Southerners accused of coming to the South to use the newly enfranchised freedmen as a means of obtaining office, profit, or shallow victories.

View attachment 39519
And also I bet you look like that picture.

I dunno. Their offense has been playing much better.

We'd need to put up 30 to beat them in Arrowhead. Not sure we are there yet.
Besides the 2018 season(where KC was at its offensive peak) I think Belichicks defenses has been able to slow them down. In 2019 a 23-16 loss(Nkeal Harry didn't touch the white grass!), 2020 26-10 loss with Hoyer and Stidham turning the ball over 3 times and if you remember that game was really close for 3 quarters. This season the Chiefs offense still has been inconsistent and missing a running game(our Achilles heel) so I feel if we keep it close our running game can take over. Mahomes still throwing passes that can be picked off as well

Titans when healthy might be the most complete team in the league. Tannehill remains the weak link.

It's tradition for Greenbay to lose in the NFCCG. They're extremely over-rated. Look at the point differential it's the worst from a #1 seed from the past 8 seasons.
Who you got in the nfc?

Besides the 2018 season(where KC was at its offensive peak) I think Belichicks defenses has been able to slow them down. In 2019 a 23-16 loss(Nkeal Harry didn't touch the white grass!), 2020 26-10 loss with Hoyer and Stidham turning the ball over 3 times and if you remember that game was really close for 3 quarters. This season the Chiefs offense still has been inconsistent and missing a running game(our Achilles heel) so I feel if we keep it close our running game can take over. Mahomes still throwing passes that can be picked off as well
Good points

Who you got in the nfc?
I'm not sure it's wide open. Before the AB situation I would've still said Tampa because of Tom, but now they're too beat up. If the Stafford limits the turnovers the Rams have a good shot

I'm not sure it's wide open. Before the AB situation I would've still said Tampa because of Tom, but now they're too beat up. If the Stafford limits the turnovers the Rams have a good shot
Yes it seems it really 3 teams in the NFC. TB, GB and LA.

AFC I have no earthly idea....

Green Bay defense seems to be pretty good and when you have a QB like Rodgers it's an even bigger plus. Schematically think only the Titans , colts or pats can stop them.

Pats purely due to genius of belichick . The other teams have the personnel. Mac and the team will need to play out of their skins to win each game in the playoff. We should be the underdog for every game that we play.

KC having to face the Chargers in round 1 is soooo delicious. Thank you Cincy.

It's tradition for Greenbay to lose in the NFCCG. They're extremely over-rated. Look at the point differential it's the worst from a #1 seed from the past 8 seasons.

At some point GB will get to the SB...they are getting back Bakhtiarii, Jaire Alexander, Zadarius Smith, three of their best players, for this year's post season and have a great chance. It's about how you play in the postseason. Look at NYG in 2011...the 31st ranked defense and a middling offense...and they had a great postseason run. Plus Lambeau is a tough place to play in January.

I mean NE had plenty of playoff losses between 2005-2013. It was "tradition" for NE to lose in the playoffs after spygate until it wasn't.

Titans when healthy might be the most complete team in the league. Tannehill remains the weak link.
I think Tenn will get to the SB if Henry is anywhere close to 90 percent.

At some point GB will get to the SB...they are getting back Bakhtiarii, Jaire Alexander, Zadarius Smith, three of their best players, for this year's post season and have a great chance. It's about how you play in the postseason. Look at NYG in 2011...the 31st ranked defense and a middling offense...and they had a great postseason run. Plus Lambeau is a tough place to play in January.

I mean NE had plenty of playoff losses between 2005-2013. It was "tradition" for NE to lose in the playoffs after spygate until it wasn't.
I just look at the games they've won the past month. They've been pushed around on defense and they better hope they avoid SF or even Philly. Their point differential is the worst for a #1 seed in 10 years. Last year was a better team in my opinion

I just look at the games they've won the past month. They've been pushed around on defense and they better hope they avoid SF or even Philly. Their point differential is the worst for a #1 seed in 10 years. Last year was a better team in my opinion
It is possible they get LA in the divisional. But I agree about SF. Terrible match up for them. I think they blow out Philly though.

You could say the same thing about Tampa, Dallas, LAR, or even Arizona. Every one of the top NFC teams has weaknesses. I just think GB's is in a better position than the other teams. They are (or will be) healthier than the other teams come playoff time. Philly is going to be a pain in the neck for Tampa...they almost beat them earlier this year.

If GB does lose again after being the #1 seed for 2 years in a row then Rodgers will officially take Manning's spot as a great regular season QB who chokes in the post-season.

You could say the same thing about Tampa, Dallas, LAR, or even Arizona. Every one of the top NFC teams has weaknesses. I just think GB's is in a better position than the other teams. They are (or will be) healthier than the other teams come playoff time. Philly is going to be a pain in the neck for Tampa...they almost beat them earlier this year.
Yeah no team is perfect that's for sure. I don't think a running team can beat Tampa. The Rams and Dallas do pose a big threat specially the Rams. I would count the Saints too if they make it. I think the Rams have a good shot coming out the NFC depending on Staffords play

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back