PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What took so long? Alshon Jeffery: "We're Bringing That Trophy Back to Philly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s literally nothing wrong with what he said you sensitive babies.
I don’t think it’s that we’re sensitive. We just know this kind of sh** helps the Patriots

So we’re kinda psyched he said it. We’d be pissed off if one of our players said it

That'll fire the team up prior to kick off, but it will mean absolutely nothing once the game starts. Still, it's a good thing to help the squad focus on their tasks at hand prior to the game whether that's in the final walk-through, whatever film they're still watching, and in team meetings.
I don’t think it’s about fuel during the game. It helps immensely as fuel for preparing for the game

Wrong? Carjacking someone is wrong. So, no, this isn't "wrong". But nobody claimed it was. You are arguing against a point nobody made so that you can feel a false sense of superiority, I guess. What people are saying is that it is really, really, stupid. Which it is.
No one can disagree with YOUR comment:D

He is going to bring the trophy BACK to Philly...when was it there the first time???!!!

To be fair, their sports hero is a fictional movie character. Are you really surprised they think they have a fictional Lombardi?

I want Gilmore on Agoholor because he is their best all around WR. He and Ertz do scare me a bit in the middle of the field.
You think Gilmore would be best used defending the slot, as opposed to the outside? That’s surprising to me.

I actually think we’ll miss Jones a bit in this situation, because he would’ve been quicker and shiftier covering Agolor in the slot than Rowe would be.

Imho its a little late in the game (no pun intended) for that to really take hold. If he had said it last week or earlier this week it would give the pats time to really focus on it and get amped up.

The timing is fine for us, though. We (posters on this message board) don't need any time to recognize, internalize, and overreact to good old-fashioned red meat bulletin board material. When I saw the thread title, my eyes bugged out, my sphincter tightened, and I dove for the like button on every post that mentioned Freddie Mitchell.

If Alshon Jeffery is saying it, other Eagles are thinking it. The only two guys on the Eagles who could credibly trash talk are LeGarrette Blount and Chris Long. That could be fun.

But Alshon Jeffery? This is his first playoff run. Give me a break. The Eagles rescued him from that dumpster fire in Chicago. Have a nice game Alshon. We know what you said. The secondary knows what you said. Long day ahead on Sunday.

I hope the eagles come out like the panthers did against Denver a couple years ago. Overconfident thinking they will roll over the other team. Kind of similar circumstances as denver squeaked by the patriots by 2 points in the AFCCG and the panthers blew out their opponent in the NCFCG

the way eagles fans/media are talking you would never think they are underdogs. All I hear is how unstoppable their offense is, and how their defense is the 85 bears and will shut down brady

It's OK Alshon. Some people like putting a foot in their mouth.

fbzO5.jpg

Last edited:
You think Gilmore would be best used defending the slot, as opposed to the outside? That’s surprising to me.

I actually think we’ll miss Jones a bit in this situation, because he would’ve been quicker and shiftier covering Agolor in the slot than Rowe would be.

It makes no sense at all. Gilmore won’t be on Agholor, he’s an outside corner they brought in to match up with big WR’s and he’s going to be on Jeffery on Sunday.

You are right on Jones, he really would have helped, but I think they can deal with it.

I know this is heresy but Jags > Eagles on both sides of the ball.

I think the Eagles have the edge at WR, otherwise I agree.

That’s a fair point. Other than the Vikes dumpster fire, I’ve watched the Eagles five times ( Giants 2x, Falcons, Hawks and Raiders). They’re good, but I wasn’t really wowed in any of those five games.

This game is making me more and more nervous by the hour. Even where I live everyone is against us and wants the Eagles to win badly. I'm seeing more and more clowns come out of the woodwork claiming to be from Philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back