PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What took so long? Alshon Jeffery: "We're Bringing That Trophy Back to Philly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fair point. Other than the Vikes dumpster fire, I’ve watched the Eagles five times ( Giants 2x, Falcons, Hawks and Raiders). They’re good, but I wasn’t really wowed in any of those five games.

When the play offs were set I wanted the Saints because they are the only franchise I respect, but I wanted the Eagles as the best match up for the Patriots. The Saints were the team that concerned me the most. I think the Patriots got the best draw they could have gotten, and if they can’t beat the Eagles with Foles at QB then they don’t deserve a Lombardi Trophy.

"We're Bringing That Trophy Back to Philly"

maxresdefault.jpg

And then you turn off Madden and return to reality.

As far as bulletin board material, that's the most overrated thing in pro sports. These are professional athletes. If someone's disrespect can motivate you even more than you already are, to perform in the freaking SuperBowl, you have no business being there.

Yeah, I guess Rodney Harrison had no business being there...

Again, I think people are overrating Philly's D because they really haven't played anyone. Then, if you look at the NFC title game only, that's the last vision people have of their team.

It's typical. All anyone can do these days is focus on is the last game they saw. If we are going to base our opinions on one game, why can't it be the one a month ago where the lowly Cowboys shut out Philly? Foles was coming off a poor performance and was even worse in this game (4 of 11 for 39 yards with one interception) before being replaced and outperformed by a second year, third string QB. Why does that game not matter? Outside of one game, he has not done much of anything. I remember Tim Tebow shredding Pittsburgh in a playoff game. And he's probably the worst QB I have ever seen start in my 30 plus years of watching football.

People need to relax. Our defenses are about the same as far as ppg is concerned. They are starting a backup QB. We have the greatest of all time. Their defense cannot cover backs and TEs. Passing to RBs is our bread and butter. We don't even have to adjust the game plan. Their weakness plays into our natural strength. And we have the greatest TE to ever play to use against a team that cannot cover pedestrian TEs.

I know Bill likes to do a lot of feeling out in theses games. But I think this might be the exception. I think he might be aggressive out of the gate and try to hang 14-0 on them early.

Either way, the more research I do, the more confident I feel. As nervous as I was about about the Jaguars, I feel equally comfortable against the Eagles. We might finally get the SuperBowl blowout we've been waiting 17 years for. I cannot see us losing this game. I just can't. Nor do i think it will be a nail biter in the fourth.

Reactions: sb1
It's typical. All anyone can do these days is focus on is the last game they saw. If we are going to base our opinions on one game, why can't it be the one a month ago where the lowly Cowboys shut out Philly? Foles was coming off a poor performance and was even worse in this game (4 of 11 for 39 yards with one interception) before being replaced and outperformed by a second year, third string QB. Why does that game not matter? Outside of one game, he has not done much of anything. I remember Tim Tebow shredding Pittsburgh in a playoff game. And he's probably the worst QB I have ever seen start in my 30 plus years of watching football.

People need to relax. Our defenses are about the same as far as ppg is concerned. They are starting a backup QB. We have the greatest of all time. Their defense cannot cover backs and TEs. Passing to RBs is our bread and butter. We don't even have to adjust the game plan. Their weakness plays into our natural strength. And we have the greatest TE to ever play to use against a team that cannot cover pedestrian TEs.

I know Bill likes to do a lot of feeling out in theses games. But I think this might be the exception. I think he might be aggressive out of the gate and try to hang 14-0 on them early.

Either way, the more research I do, the more confident I feel. As nervous as I was about about the Jaguars, I feel equally comfortable against the Eagles. We might finally get the SuperBowl blowout we've been waiting 17 years for. I cannot see us losing this game. I just can't. Nor do i think it will be a nail biter in the fourth.
That post you're quoting of mine, I never said...that's really bizarre.

Cool, he can go join Jalen Ramsey and a hundred other guys in the dumbass parade. Nobody ever learns anything.
Have we ever faced a team that mirrors Belichick's approach to the media? I can only imagine it:

Reporter: Will you beat the Patriots this Sunday?
Player: Oh boy. There's so much that goes into beating this team. They are so good at so many different aspects of the game. They can beat you so many ways. For us to play toe-to-toe with them, we're going to have to be on our A-game at every phase of the game. Offense, defense, special teams, mascot cheering. It is all going to have to be 110% to even have a chance against this team. I feel confident we can play our best out there as long as we continue to focus on preparation and working on the things we can control.

Reporter: What are your thoughts on Spygate and Deflategate.
Player: I honestly don't have any thoughts other than this game is a great opportunity to be able to face the best out there. And the fans will think what the fans think. Next question.

Reporter: Are you certain of victory?
Player: I'm certain we'll be playing sixty plus minutes of football. Other than that, it will be about how well prepared we are and making opportunities for ourselves through turnovers.

Reporter: Any other thoughts.
Player: Nothing but respect for the Patriots' players, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, and the rest of their organization. That is a well-oiled machine that just keeps winning. We're going to have to do a lot right to overcome these guys.

When the play offs were set I wanted the Saints because they are the only franchise I respect, but I wanted the Eagles as the best match up for the Patriots. The Saints were the team that concerned me the most. I think the Patriots got the best draw they could have gotten, and if they can’t beat the Eagles with Foles at QB then they don’t deserve a Lombardi Trophy.

Exactly. The team that wins will deserve the trophy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back