PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What To Expect From Damien Harris Rookie Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Rex Burkhead injured do we finally get to see Damien Harris run the ball?
So far he has had some special teams snaps ... would be nice to see what he brings.

So I figured it was time to bump this thread.

With Rex Burkhead injured do we finally get to see Damien Harris run the ball?
So far he has had some special teams snaps ... would be nice to see what he brings.

So I figured it was time to bump this thread.

3ch12v.jpg

I'm kinda worried we're going to continue to see Bolden get designed touches while Harris is inactive. He looked good in the limited preseason action I saw, and Bolden looks slow this year.

I'm kinda worried we're going to continue to see Bolden get designed touches while Harris is inactive. He looked good in the limited preseason action I saw, and Bolden looks slow this year.

From the beginning I've never had a problem with Bolden...he's a good backup and Special Teamer. That being said...let the Damien Harris era begin.

From the beginning I've never had a problem with Bolden...he's a good backup and Special Teamer. That being said...let the Damien Harris era begin.
Absolutely ....
I think we need the running game stronger for the passing game to improve.

what is the reasoning for that?

You could reply to any post in any thread with that.

I'm curious if anybody has any idea for that. Maybe Harris fumbles? Not sure. Because when looking at him and Bolden he looks like the far more talented runner.

No Watson so would be nice to see the rookie get some touches tomorrow. Something to look forward to.

I'm curious if anybody has any idea for that. Maybe Harris fumbles? Not sure. Because when looking at him and Bolden he looks like the far more talented runner.

Just a guess:

Rookie who needs to be better at pass protection + OL/TE struggles in pass protection = Bench time for Harris

I actually think Bolden looks faster this year, but I’m not basing that on anything. Either way, I agree that there should be better options at kick returner, and I’d like to see what Harris can bring to the table. Maybe they’re planning on using him as a secret weapon when the games are more difficult than the Redskins.

I actually think Bolden looks faster this year, but I’m not basing that on anything. Either way, I agree that there should be better options at kick returner, and I’d like to see what Harris can bring to the table. Maybe they’re planning on using him as a secret weapon when the games are more difficult than the Redskins.

Yeah, Bolden's looked fine on offense honestly. It's the kick returns that leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's coaching (if it is, that's horrible), but he keeps taking it out from deep in the endzone and not making it very far.

Yeah, Bolden's looked fine on offense honestly. It's the kick returns that leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's coaching (if it is, that's horrible), but he keeps taking it out from deep in the endzone and not making it very far.
Interesting take but not very accurate.
Bolden has returned just 2 kicks from the end zone this season taking one from -2 and retuning it to the 15 and one from -3 and returning it to the 23.

Just a guess:

Rookie who needs to be better at pass protection + OL/TE struggles in pass protection = Bench time for Harris
Probably will be the Michel back up and get one drive (or part thereof) per half.

I’m more interested in seeing JoeJuans apparent debut and see if he is part of the replacement for Chung.

Still curious to see Damien Harris play, as most people, but nobody should get much hope.. The game that white didn't played showed that Bolden is way ahead of him in BB depth chart

That said Bolden is doing well with his opportunities

Just a guess:

Was he bad at pass protection? Thought that was one of the things he was good at

I figure Harris is active but honestly this is why he was drafted as insurance at rb... One more injury and he might get significant playing time. Get him some snaps against these awful teams

Was he bad at pass protection? Thought that was one of the things he was good at

As I noted, I'm just guessing. Rookie RBs, even if they were good pass blockers in college, tend to take time to get up to speed about pass blocking in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes