PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is going on with draft hopefuls ?

farn

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ollins-in-murder-investigation-not-a-suspect/

First : the player in question is - according to the article - not a suspect in the murder. But how many of you have been seeked out by law enforcement in connection with a murder ?

Ray, Gregory, ... I hardly want to be the old guy talking smack about "kids today" but am I the only one who finds it strange that approx half of the top 15-16 most talented draft prospects seem to be making questionable decisions so close to what should be the day of your life (or leading up to it, such as Winston) ?

It's all part of the plan, incurring injuries, and making stupid decisions drops their stock so they slide to the Pat's picks. Belichick has been quietly watching all of the pieces fall into place as he prepares to Orchestrate the greatest draft ever.

It's all part of the plan, incurring injuries, and making stupid decisions drops their stock so they slide to the Pat's picks. Belichick has been quietly watching all of the pieces fall into place as he prepares to Orchestrate the greatest draft ever.

th

That's funny.. I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and asked why anyone would want to go top 10 in the draft. If I was in their shoes then I would drop my stock to fall to a better team.

The report says he knew the woman so this could be nothing more than routine questioning, etc.

But if he's being asked because he knows some of the suspects I can't even imagine how far he'd have to slide before the pats would risk taking him.

But if he's being asked because he knows some of the suspects I can't even imagine how far he'd have to slide before the pats would risk taking him.

Ball park based on past precedent, 4th round. Though strictly on ties to murders, I would put him as a lock going to Baltimore with Pick 26. They have had a lot of luck with that pick/people connected to murders.

That's funny.. I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and asked why anyone would want to go top 10 in the draft. If I was in their shoes then I would drop my stock to fall to a better team.

Money. Respect. Opportunities down the road as a "former top ten pick in 2015." The honor of getting picked first in something you worked your whole life for.

Because you could be a bust and never get a 2nd NFL contract. It behooves you to get as much possible.

Player now skipping draft, going to chat w police in Louisiana, getting paternity test next week...

Popo can SAY he's not involved and this might be SB extremely unfortunate happening, but I'm not thinking of taking him in (his projected) first round...

This is either the worst timing ever or he's a really bad guy and right now it is impossible to know with any certainty which is which, and the only OL who had any chance of going higher is Scherff. Unless police clear him immediately I don't see how anyone can draft him, because of you do and he is arrested on a murder charge the following week it would be a major blow to the organization, and ib would have to think the Patriots would take him off their chart completely.

Unless a teams scouts are all over it could you imagine the headlines til he was cleared of any wrongdoing it would be brutal yet beautiful at the same time.

Player now skipping draft, going to chat w police in Louisiana, getting paternity test next week...

He is skipping the draft because the draft will be skipping him most likely.

As one league source said on Wednesday, if Collins had no connection to the crime of any kind, he should be doing everything he can to meet with police ASAP, so that police can be persuaded to give Collins full clearance before the draft begins. Absent a declaration from the authorities ruling Collins out, how can any team draft him — in any round?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/29/police-say-they-havent-heard-from-lael-collins/

According to Schefter, there are some teams that think La'el Collins will go undrafted.

What has been reported so far naturally raises the specter of Rae Carruth. But it's also perfectly possible that Collins had nothing to do with the crime, and suddenly finds himself the single father of a premature infant -- and about to be deprived of his means of supporting that child.

Not a happy situation either way.

Irregardless of circumstances, Anytime a woman is murdered, the primary suspect is the husband, and/or the boyfriend. Now add the fact that she just had a baby and paternity is in question, it would make Collins the primary suspect, simply because he has the most to lose financially. It doesn't mean he did it, but the cops wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't investigate him first.

If he is innocent (and I think he is, because if he did want to kill her to save himself from paying child support, he would have pulled a Rae Carruth and done it before the baby was born), this is going to cost him millions of dollars, of course on th reverse, some team is going to get a late round bargain.

If he is innocent (and I think he is, because if he did want to kill her to save himself from paying child support, he would have pulled a Rae Carruth and done it before the baby was born), this is going to cost him millions of dollars, of course on th reverse, some team is going to get a late round bargain.
I believe the child was saved via medical intervention.
Baby was in the womb.

I believe the child was saved via medical intervention.
Baby was in the womb.

Wow, I did not know that, then all bets are off. You might be looking at a contract killing.

he may go undrafted

Wow, I did not know that, then all bets are off. You might be looking at a contract killing.

he may go undrafted

If you aren't completely sure he is clean, even if there isn't really any evidence implicating him, I can't see how you can spend a pick on him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back