What hath Jimmy G Wrought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am sure this exists in another thread. I did a quick read halfway down the first page and I apologize if the breakdown is in another thread... it's the sort of thing somebody always blurts out. I just fell off the bandwagon and while climbing back on, I thought, based on the phenom. of disappointed memory, that JG got us a fifth. He got us a second, specifically, SF's no. 43 pick.

The Patriots Amazingly Turned Jimmy Garoppolo Into Half Of Their 2019 Draft Class ⋆ KingsofBostonSports

Fast answer to the question is, we parlayed him into Jarrett Stidham, if you like that guy. Long answer: The article traces tendrils of that "get" into parts of these players... however, it's inflated with a couple of own picks.

CB Duke Dawson
LB Christian Sam
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
T Yodny Cajuste
QB Jarrett Stidham
Bears 2020 4th rd

Duke Dawson now = a 6th from Denver, and we threw in our 7th. So, derp, it's something. Sam's cut. Joejuan is on the 53, make of him what you will, but good enough to make the team. Damien Harris, for now, the junior member of the Committee (or, supporting cast for Michel-Ma-Bell-Cow if they go that way). Cajuste, non-football injury, most likely cliff diving. Stidham, yet another second coming. Bears 2020 4th. Stay tuned. Rooting for the Bears to suck this year.

If this needs to be merged in elsewhere, please do with my apologies.

Actually, remove the "Wow." It would be "Wow" except the list is really weighted down with use of own picks. Still interesting.

And another reminder - the garoppolites were wrong .

Uh, no, they were right.

Go ahead, lie and tell me that you can stare into the eyes of any of the following for hours at a time dreaming of a Mediterranean vacation with them:

CB Duke Dawson
LB Christian Sam
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
T Yodny Cajuste
QB Jarrett Stidham
Bears 2020 4th rd

Uh, no, they were right.

Go ahead, lie and tell me that you can stare into the eyes of any of the following for hours at a time dreaming of a Mediterranean vacation with them:

CB Duke Dawson
LB Christian Sam
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
T Yodny Cajuste
QB Jarrett Stidham
Bears 2020 4th rd

Good point.

I did some recon work on this.

43366219-8371-4514-b3c8-cd55efabaa9f.sized-1000x1000.jpg

2018_Jimmy_Garoppolo_%28cropped%29.jpg

The question always has been for me, is how do we afford Jimmy G.??? How would any cap guru balance the books if we signed him?? Who would you have to let go to make that work??

The jury is still out on the subsequent draft haul.. but on paper it looks pretty good, not sure if it is Jimmy G. good, but we really do not know how good Jimmy G. is, so the question is moot....

Uh, no, they were right.

CB Duke Dawson
LB Christian Sam
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
T Yodny Cajuste
QB Jarrett Stidham
Bears 2020 4th rd
That Bears' 4th round. 2020. Have vision.

The question always has been for me, is how do we afford Jimmy G.??? How would any cap guru balance the books if we signed him?? Who would you have to let go to make that work??

The jury is still out on the subsequent draft haul.. but on paper it looks pretty good, not sure if it is Jimmy G. good, but we really do not know how good Jimmy G. is, so the question is moot....

I was always like "In Bill we Trust" on that one. If they went the JG way, they (and I) would almost certainly have been wrong, but most likely we'd never know it.

This last 18 years has been like a game of clue:

Brady in New England with Bill Belichick. You need all 3 cards to do it. Regardless of what you think happened internally at 1 PP, as of now, I think all parties know it (for now). Talk to me once Stidham's rookie deal is up.

On the other hand, re: Stidham, remember, shiny objects tend to get shinier in NE.

Re: Hoyer, it's been 10 years. I hope our boy gets a starting gig and has crazy success except against NE.

I was always like "In Bill we Trust" on that one. If they went the JG way, they (and I) would almost certainly have been wrong, but most likely we'd never know it.

This last 18 years has been like a game of clue:

Brady in New England with Bill Belichick. You need all 3 cards to do it. Regardless of what you think happened internally at 1 PP, as of now, I think all parties know it (for now). Talk to me once Stidham's rookie deal is up.

On the other hand, re: Stidham, remember, shiny objects tend to get shinier in NE.

Re: Hoyer, it's been 10 years. I hope our boy gets a starting gig and has crazy success except against NE.

I often refer to "shiny objects" as a benchmark of my "late onset ADHD"...... easily distractable and often forgetful.

I often refer to "shiny objects" as a benchmark of my "late onset ADHD"...... easily distractable and often forgetful.

The whole Jimmy G thing ended up being GOAT fuel, so every fan who took any standpoint on it also served the greater good. Plus, you just never know where you stand on Brady. He's supposed to be dead now. He's going to end up getting a social security check instead of a game check. We'll be like, "I dunno, I don't wanna be wrong about him retiring again..." He'll be all like "One for the Big Toe!"

The whole Jimmy G thing ended up being GOAT fuel, so every fan who took any standpoint on it also served the greater good. Plus, you just never know where you stand on Brady. He's supposed to be dead now. He's going to end up getting a social security check instead of a game check. We'll be like, "I dunno, I don't wanna be wrong about him retiring again..." He'll be all like "One for the Big Toe!"
I wonder if keeping Stidham will have the same psychological effect. Not that Tom needs motivation but knowing a young QB is nipping at his heels can't hurt

I wonder if keeping Stidham will have the same psychological effect. Not that Tom needs motivation but knowing a young QB is nipping at his heels can't hurt
I think there's no question about it

Bill is a shrewd investor...flipping his hot IPO and diversifying into a wide array of investments.

Bill is as secure as anyone has ever been running a pro operation. Foregoing a potentially higher return for JG in order to get the QB out of the conference/stick it to his former team.

Bill is shrewd gambler who knows the payoff percentages in the draft and therefore seeks out more hands to play.

Of course Bill has a nearly unbeatable hole card (Brady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes