PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What we got for Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get there are defined downstream effects from the 2nd round draft choice obtained via trading Jimmy. Here's the problem: we got X in 2018. We turn that into A B and C in 2019. In 2020 that B & C turns into 2021's D and E. In 2021 E turns into 2022's Y and Z. Where does it end? Downstream effects could cause a 2022 draft pick to be part of the Jimmy trade. Why isn't that 2022 Y and Z just as much a part of "these are the players we got for Jimmy"? If so then the book isn't written on 'what we got for Jimmy' until every conceivable connection has been exhausted (2021 ESPN pre-Draft announcer: "Welllll Steve-O, thissss is the first draft unconnected to the Jimmy Trade. It's a newwww era for the Patriots!" :)).

They got a 2nd round pick for JAG.

Getting that pick opened up other opportunities they exploited to add additional players. What a stupid, pedantic hill for people to die on but I'm guessing it's because people's peepee hurt after the JimmyG trade and there's no going back once you've staked your internet reputation on something.

I get there are defined downstream effects from the 2nd round draft choice obtained via trading Jimmy. Here's the problem: we got X in 2018. We turn that into A B and C in 2019. In 2020 that B & C turns into 2021's D and E. In 2021 E turns into 2022's Y and Z. Where does it end? Downstream effects could cause a 2022 draft pick to be part of the Jimmy trade. Why isn't that 2022 Y and Z just as much a part of "these are the players we got for Jimmy"? If so then the book isn't written on 'what we got for Jimmy' until every conceivable connection has been exhausted (2021 ESPN pre-Draft announcer: "Welllll Steve-O, thissss is the first draft unconnected to the Jimmy Trade. It's a newwww era for the Patriots!" :)).
upload_2019-4-30_5-13-55.gif

Nope. This is something BB always seems to do. He hates to say 'This is the guy we got for trading player X'. He has shown he's consistently almost certainly going to trade the pick he traded a player away for to get multiple players. That way no one can say clearly or easily what they got for X player.

Since when has Belichick ever worried about saying anything? I don’t believe justifying his moves ever enters his mind, his only concern is maximizing value, and he certainly did that in this case. Garrapolo was never going to sign here and Brady was not going to lose his job to him. The Patriots got another ring and the 49ers paid huge money to a player who has yet to prove he can make it through an NFL season.

If any one or several of these guys (Dawson, Sam, Harris, Cajuste or Stidham) have a really good or break out season, will this argument even happen??

If any one or several of these guys (Dawson, Sam, Harris, Cajuste or Stidham) have a really good or break out season, will this argument even happen??

How long this argument goes on depends solely upon how well Garrapolo plays, and that depends largely upon whether he can stay on the field. If he gets hurt and misses significant time again this season the 49er’s will find themselves in the same boat the Raiders are in with Carr, a top paid QB that isn’t producing even close to their cap hit.

Jimmy will be a bust in San Fran.

Wilson is the best QB in that division. Then Goff and then Jimmy. Murray is nipping at his heels this season.
Nah, Kyler Murray might be the most predictable bust since Manziel.

Nah, Kyler Murray might be the most predictable bust since Manziel.
My nickname for him is “Little Giants” as he looks like a little kid with an oversized helmet.

With that terrible O-line, I could see him going the David Carr route. He won’t survive the beating.

People compare him to Russell Wilson, but Wilson is a lot bigger than he is.

My nickname for him is “Little Giants” as he looks like a little kid with an oversized helmet.

With that terrible O-line, I could see him going the David Carr route. He won’t survive the beating.

People compare him to Russell Wilson, but Wilson is a lot bigger than he is.
Wilson does seem to be sturdier and better built. It will be up to Murray to add to his frame.

Cards should have traded out of the pick. Not saying Rosen is the guy but Murray isn't.

As more and more game film on Jimmy is accumulated, the more difficult it will be for him to keep up the persona that he is the next great franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back