PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think the Pats WILL do at the deadline?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What WILL the Pats do before the trade deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would think the team has a couple of groups from which to think about;
1) vets that could be moved for day 3 picks, so that they can end their careers perhaps in the playoff hunt. Guy. Mills.
2) pending free agents that could be attractive to other teams under the right contract. Dugger. Uche. Onwenu. Gesicki. Henry. Brown

at the end of the day, teams will not value these players much, so I would think not a lot of movement for the Pats

Very little will happen. We need to nail down maybe three of four players who can help in a rebuilt Pats' team, which will leave a pretty dismal array of talent from which prospective buyers can choose. No one significant will be traded (I hope as well as think.)

I certainly hope we do not waste resources trying to help the team this year: there is absolutely no point in doing so. ALL decisions must be made with reference to next year and years following and, no, we should not trade Mac. We need him, if only as competition for whatever qb we might draft. Given our wide array of needs, that qb may or may not be drafted high. Particularly if it's a developmental qb prospect, Mac may well serve in a transitional role, providing him in the interim a chance to show further what he can do with a possibly-improved cast around him, a chance his HC/GM has to this point denied him by his incompetence. If we manage to draft a surefire sort of qb, Mac may then be traded, or kept to compete for backup. Not what you hope for in a first-round pick, but direct your complaints to the GM who drafted him, then promptly **** the bed in developing him.

Reactions: sb1

Last edited:
BB is always looking 2+ years into the future so nothing nearly as inflammatory or reactionary as this board would indicate.
Bill is always looking five years into the past.

Last edited:
I'm not against trading Uche, but moving on from other young talent when the hit rate in the 2nd and 3rd rounds is only 33%? Why trade a sure thing for the probability of nothing?

The only reason to ever trade young talent in the NFL is when you have an absolutely stacked team and are so far over the salary cap and the young talent is coming into free agency. The Patriots don't meet this criteria.

The logic we're adopting here reminds me of MLB talk where you contemplate trading Mookie Betts because you can't afford him and/or you're going to lose their rights.

i don't know what they'll do, but davante adams has been spotted at logan

F9xHbBjawAADG1A

A minor trade or two.

I thought Parker was a real possibility to get traded until Mac served him a hospital ball just to make a deal impossible. Kinda like a psycho girlfriend breaking your kneecaps reasoning you can't leave her if you can't walk.

I'm not against trading Uche, but moving on from other young talent when the hit rate in the 2nd and 3rd rounds is only 33%? Why trade a sure thing for the probability of nothing?

The only reason to ever trade young talent in the NFL is when you have an absolutely stacked team and are so far over the salary cap and the young talent is coming into free agency. The Patriots don't meet this criteria.

The logic we're adopting here reminds me of MLB talk where you contemplate trading Mookie Betts because you can't afford him and/or you're going to lose their rights.
the thing with Uche is that he is a free agent after the season.
he is also a 1 trick LB that gets after the QB
he is also oft injured
the Pats value 3 down LB's while other teams will pay for a player that gets after the QB.
teams will pay Uche. I do not believe the Pats will.
why not move him now for something, rather than he leave at seasons end for zero

Exactly!

Some folks are arguing that they’re disposable because they’re in a contract year. With available cap space it makes sense to sign the players that have proven themselves, so I’m not buying that argument. Don’t sell the future!

I thought Parker was a real possibility to get traded until Mac served him a hospital ball just to make a deal impossible. Kinda like a psycho girlfriend breaking your kneecaps reasoning you can't leave her if you can't walk.
I don't like Macs play neither, but come on man, where was that a hospital ball?
it was right there for Parker, Parker had time to catch turn upfield even see the defender coming at him and than the defender targeted him with the helmet, you could even hear the bang on tv, that loud it was

what you can complain about is this ****ty NFL talking about player safety, talking about protecting offensive players just to only throw flags and protect players NY tells them or is it Vegas I don't know who is currently ruling the outcome of the games before they even start, but that was outrageous, so you can complain about this fake NFL including those clowns called refs that are obviously under an agenda bcs such obvious calls being missed where you don't even have to look at you could hear the CB bursting his helmet onto the WR (as well the two Receivers in motion where the world stands still with 7 refs down there noone noticing it like, which universe where they at, how can you pretend you haven't noticed it? can't tell anymore its just a fluke, they fix games by calling what helps one of the teams at a specific time, last week they ****ed the Phins bcs someone wanted Eagles to win this week it was Miamis turn again to get all the calls in their favour)

its not a sport anymore its pure entairtainment maybe worse than WWE...whats maybe worse are the announcers itself, you are supposed to bring the game to all fans not just your personal favorit, talking about hit "right in the chest" when the slowmo-review shows at the same time as you speak how the helmet of the defender is knocking of the WR head, wtf is up with the NFL, I don't get it how riggid it is nowdays, perhaps it was in the past as well but right now it is barely watchable anymore regardless which team you are a fan of

I don't like Macs play neither, but come on man, where was that a hospital ball?
it was right there for Parker, Parker had time to catch turn upfield even see the defender coming at him and than the defender targeted him with the helmet, you could even hear the bang on tv, that loud it was

what you can complain about is this ****ty NFL talking about player safety, talking about protecting offensive players just to only throw flags and protect players NY tells them or is it Vegas I don't know who is currently ruling the outcome of the games before they even start, but that was outrageous, so you can complain about this fake NFL including those clowns called refs that are obviously under an agenda bcs such obvious calls being missed where you don't even have to look at you could hear the CB bursting his helmet onto the WR (as well the two Receivers in motion where the world stands still with 7 refs down there noone noticing it like, which universe where they at, how can you pretend you haven't noticed it? can't tell anymore its just a fluke, they fix games by calling what helps one of the teams at a specific time, last week they ****ed the Phins bcs someone wanted Eagles to win this week it was Miamis turn again to get all the calls in their favour)

its not a sport anymore its pure entairtainment maybe worse than WWE...whats maybe worse are the announcers itself, you are supposed to bring the game to all fans not just your personal favorit, talking about hit "right in the chest" when the slowmo-review shows at the same time as you speak how the helmet of the defender is knocking of the WR head, wtf is up with the NFL, I don't get it how riggid it is nowdays, perhaps it was in the past as well but right now it is barely watchable anymore regardless which team you are a fan of
Looked like a hospital ball to me (I wasn't serious about it being on purpose, thought that went without saying). Agree 100% about everything else you're saying.

Trade Mac for Jimmy, then trade Jimmy to the Vikings and bring Brady out of retirement!

We should definitely move uche.

Dugger and onwenu, we should have an idea if we are trying to resign them and if we’re not then ship them as well.

Trent Brown id move if you can get a decent return.

Parker and jjss i think you save alot more if you trade them post june 1 (per otc) so id just hold on until then. Just gonna hafta try to get anything outta them tilll then. Maybe We can have mac loft one up for sauce gardner week 18 and let juju light him up.

I think based on historical patterns, it’s reasonable to expect they’ll do little to nothing. However, things feel very strange these days. My gut tells me they’re going to sell several players and Kraft is gonna be making media appearances or statements or something to reassure the fans.
baghdad-bob-a-distant-colleague-of-brian-williams.jpg

Looked like a hospital ball to me (I wasn't serious about it being on purpose, thought that went without saying). Agree 100% about everything else you're saying.
I wish Parker well, of course, but I think he's worth about the same injured as "functional": virtually nothing. We should have moved on from Parker and JJSS some time ago, to evaluate/develop the younger alternatives. Get what you can for them. It won't be much. Here too, all complaints should be directed to the GM who drafted them, maybe let him have both of them as a parting gift. Toss in the damned lighthouse as well, cash and carry. Make it a clean sweep of our white elephants.

Pats with a lot of money to spend in the offseason in free agency will offset the players lost in free agency, impacting their comp pick formula.
losing players like Onwenu and Dugger in free agency may not get them comp picks assuming they are very active in free agency

the thing with Uche is that he is a free agent after the season.
he is also a 1 trick LB that gets after the QB
he is also oft injured
the Pats value 3 down LB's while other teams will pay for a player that gets after the QB.
teams will pay Uche. I do not believe the Pats will.
why not move him now for something, rather than he leave at seasons end for zero
That's why I wrote, I'm NOT against trading Uche

I don't we do that much. I don't think the rest of the league values a lot of what we have to to make many trades worth it. Uche could be moved, but it's going to look like a steal for the team that gets him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back