PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think the Pats WILL do at the deadline?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What WILL the Pats do before the trade deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BB is always looking 2+ years into the future so nothing nearly as inflammatory or reactionary as this board would indicate. You have to look at pieces he can sell high on or doesn't view as part of the future. I highly doubt we trade anybody on a rookie deal as that is just bad economics. Maybe Lawrence Guy? Jalen Mills? Adrian Wilson? Hunter Henry? I just don't think we're in fire sale mode yet so I don't expect "buy high, sell low" players like Parker or JuJu to be moved.

i don't see anyone wanting our castoffs (JuJu, Parker, etc).....but if someone does, go for it

they should only move guys of value if they can't resign them - someone like Uche comes to mind; he clearly has some value, if they don't plan to bring him back/don't think they can bring him back, and they can get more than the 4/5 comp pick they'd get, go for it

if they can ADD talent that is more than a short term rental, also go for it

this roster needs to improve......a fire sale doesn't do that, as there's no guarantees in the draft......so it's a tightrope act

San Diego already paid him he's Terrible and won't get better anytime soon. He's now the Mac Jones of CB's the little engine that couldn't Embarrassing JC should be giving$$$$ back. :mad:
He and Mac will have to battle Over who is the real Mr. INT.

i don't see anyone wanting our castoffs (JuJu, Parker, etc).....but if someone does, go for it

they should only move guys of value if they can't resign them - someone like Uche comes to mind; he clearly has some value, if they don't plan to bring him back/don't think they can bring him back, and they can get more than the 4/5 comp pick they'd get, go for it

if they can ADD talent that is more than a short term rental, also go for it

this roster needs to improve......a fire sale doesn't do that, as there's no guarantees in the draft......so it's a tightrope act
I don't want to overreact. But what I think the team should consider is.. trading Mac to Minnesota for a 2nd rounder. Allow Grier to play the rest of the season and see what he can do.. meanwhile drafting the next guy. Tennessee did this and Levis looked pretty good yesterday.

I think NOTHING, but please god....trade away JuJu and Parker...let Boutte, Douglas, Thornton, and etc...finish out the year.

And resign Onwenu, Dugger, and Judon OR trade them for better than a 3rd.

San Diego already paid him he's Terrible and won't get better anytime soon. He's now the Mac Jones of CB's the little engine that couldn't Embarrassing JC should be giving$$$$ back. :mad:
Got to disagree with this. The Chargers medical staff did a poor job managing his injury and he suffered an even worse injury when he came back prematurely. He's not the same player he was during his time in NE. I don't think he will ever recover from it.

I don't want to overreact. But what I think the team should consider is.. trading Mac to Minnesota for a 2nd rounder. Allow Grier to play the rest of the season and see what he can do.. meanwhile drafting the next guy. Tennessee did this and Levis looked pretty good yesterday.

who thinks that minnesota would make that trade?

assuming they could get tannehill cheaper, there's a slew of FA's that would be able to finish out a 4-4 season.......they are going to finish with 8-10 wins, that might be enough to hold on to a playoff spot......so it seems like they'd rather grab a vet who can step in and learn quickly vs a mac, who is a longer term option, but.......

Got to disagree with this. The Chargers medical staff did a poor job managing his injury and he suffered an even worse injury when he came back prematurely. He's not the same player he was during his time in NE. I don't think he will ever recover from it.
Yeah.. he still has his ball skills.. but I agree he isn't the same play he was pre injury.. well then again no player is.

I think NOTHING, but please god....trade away JuJu and Parker...let Boutte, Douglas, Thornton, and etc...finish out the year.

And resign Onwenu, Dugger, and Judon OR trade them for better than a 3rd.
I think Judon time's in NE could be coming to an end. He is severely underpaid and will want a raise when his deal is up after 2024.

Owenu should be the priority. With how poorly Mapu is playing, Dugger's value to the team should be going up.

who thinks that minnesota would make that trade?

assuming they could get tannehill cheaper, there's a slew of FA's that would be able to finish out a 4-4 season.......they are going to finish with 8-10 wins, that might be enough to hold on to a playoff spot......so it seems like they'd rather grab a vet who can step in and learn quickly vs a mac, who is a longer term option, but.......
You'd be suprised we almost had Diggs in 2019.. but it came down to... wait for it!... MONEY. Of course it would be sensible to trade for Mac.. a younger version of cousins who is cheap. Mac is making nothing as a starter in this league so tannehill wouldn't be cheaper I think tennehill got an extension from Tennessee didn't he? Mac would be going into a great situation. He has 2 excellent WRs. Excellent TE. Excellent offensive coaching. Basically everything he doesn't have now.

I think Judon time's in NE could be coming to an end. He is severely underpaid and will want a raise when his deal is up after 2024.

Owenu should be the priority. With how poorly Mapu is playing, Dugger's value to the team should be going up.
Mapu is a man without a position. As a rookie his head must be spinning on where he should be what he should do..

Mapu is a man without a position. As a rookie his head must be spinning on where he should be what he should do..
He has no business playing deep S when he played MLB in college. His reaction diagnosing plays is very poor and you can also see it on his college tape.

He has no business playing deep S when he played MLB in college. His reaction diagnosing plays is very poor and you can also see it on his college tape.
Yes.. you'd think with Bentley going out yesterday he'd be playing LB.. he's talented just needs to have a more defined role in this defense.

Maybe not even a second.

I’d do it for a conditional pick, fourth that becomes a third if Mac takes them into the playoffs.

Maybe not even a second.

I’d do it for a conditional pick, fourth that becomes a third if Mac takes them into the playoffs.
Accepting a pick that low would be a tacit admission that they completely f—ked up Mac's development, so I don't see that happening.

Maybe not even a second.

A 4th for a starting QB that has had some success early in his career. I wouldn't take anything less than a 2nd for Mac. It's just Time.. I just don't think the team will ever put the right players around him to elevate his game.. so may as well do what BB said and "start over" .

Accepting a pick that low would be a tacit admission that they completely f—ked up Mac's development, so I don't see that happening.
Trey Lance got a 4th and he's done literally nothing in the league. Mac's done a lot more than he has.

The only way Mac should be unloaded for a low pick is if there's a problem with him in the locker room that we don't know about and he has to be removed from the roster.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back