PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonWolverine

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Are you watching the game at a big party? Or just with a small group? Or alone?
Are you watching with other Pats fans, or will there be people rooting for the Eagles?
And what time does the drinking start? ;)

I typically go to a big SB party where everyone roots against the Pats. But none of my friends are throwing one this year, so I'll just be watching at home with my immediate family.

Last edited:
Dinner at a restaurant at 4:30 then just three of us guys watching on my 120 inch HD projector. Same plan as last year. Avoid the pregame stuff settle in about 15 minutes before kickoff. Wife will be watching Real Housewives or something upstairs and kids at a friend's super bowl party. I agree having a party is not the thing to do so I don't have to watch my reactions. Last years game took 5 years off my life.

Last edited:
Me and the lady friend will be watching it alone as we usually do for big games. Modest meal beforehand, then lots of snacking throughout. As for the drinking, will see how the game is going and then play it by beer.

Don't know yet, moving tomorrow probably won't have cable/internet this weekend so plan a, if I can get internet on my phone get a handle of captain and watch it on my phone if not plan b walk to the bar in applebees in watch it, rather watch it on my phone and get a handle oh wait got a tablet with data I could use idk ill see probably stay home and do that don't wanna go anywhere and I want to get really hammered, don't wanna spend money on a handle and the connection is trash or laggy and be f*cked with the money already spent

I watch with my pops, as I have always watched Pats games.

Super Bowl parties are distracting as **** and I would never attend or host one unless the Pats weren't involved. Same reason why I prefer not to play on Thanksgiving, when watching the Pats, that's all I want to be focused on.

Get nice and comfy, watch the game and then check the gamethread during commercials. I typically eat before and then AFTER the game while watching pre-game/post-game stuff, as once again, even eating proves to be a distraction to the game at hand.

Part of me wants to make the day go by quick before the game and ignore all the pregame stuff......but then the other part of me always wants to "soak up" the rare (not for us, but relatively speaking) glory of a Patriots Super Bowl Sunday.

Turned down SB party invites. If another team is in I like the parties. My friends aren't NE fans.

With NE I either want everyone to shut the hell up or I'm p***** off. Neither is a good disposition for a get together.

Hopefully having a SB party. Lay year we had maybe 15 people over, chili, wings, pizza, etc.
I get unhinged (see some GD posts:D) during regular season games. Playoff games turn it up another notch, and the SB? Forget it... Most games I watch w family (wife and 2 kids) and I'm a pacing up and down the hallway maniac.
I scream at the TV, and can feel my heart racing. I don't drink when watching w the family.
So hopefully people get back to us about Sunday because the more people over my house the less apt I am to go into orbit:D
If not, one of our local bars is having a kid friendly SB party still we might go there....Again, being around more people lessens the chance of my wife having to break out a defibrillator

One of these days we all need to crash Captain Stone's place. Watching with him would be an experience like no other.

I'll be watching it with the exact same people in the same room (not)sitting in same chair eating the same food drinking the same beverage and wearing the same John Hannah jersey as I did for the last 5 SB wins, not that I am superstitious or anything. We have only deviated from that plan twice...yep, the 2 Giants games. First one was because of a career changing weekend business trip and the second was an out of state death in the family. Never again! Don't care what the job is or who dies. Again, not like I am superstitious or anything I am just a firm believer in...following best demonstrated practices.

Not allowed to have Superbowl parties anymore since 07. Had a meltdown when one of my wife's friends decided she was going to route for the Giants that day and decided to really get under my skin by cheering every Giants play and jeer every Patriots play on purpose.

Short story short, after the fluke helmet catch I'd had enough and told her to get the f out of my house with a few other choice words. I saw red and I think her husband saw it too and they left. Years later I reconciled with them but I don't think to this day that I was wrong. I don't think she understood the ramifications of what was on the line.

Go to superbowl parties when the Pats aren't playing. Pretty much stay at home with good food and drink when they are.

The last superbowl party I had was the 16-0 season. That was such a downer. Everyone just stared into open space at the end. No one said a word when they left. I've only watched with the family ever since. Scared the living daylights out of my kids the last 2 superbowls.

Last edited:
I just realized I will be traveling with my girlfriend to a beach with possibly not places arous the area to watch the game. Damn it.

I hope there’s cable on the hotel or a good wifi connection.

I had that date booked as soon as last years Superbowl was over. Only beach I'd book is the Rio in Vegas for that weekend.

I'm the opposite of most of you, I prefer a party to reduce my stress. Left to my own devices, I fear for my heart health in a typical Patriots nail-biter Superbowl.

Going up to CT to watch it with my folks and girls. I've watched every SB I could since SB39 by myself, so it will be cool. My father got a bunch of beers from the old country and we've got a 50 year old single malt whiskey to enjoy as well should we pull it off. I'm sure my vodquilas will make an appearance; they're almost as much a good luck charm as my Kevin Faulk throwback jersey and Pats pajama pants.

My wife was floating the idea of hosting but I persuaded her to go to a friends party. We’ll get a baby sitter for the kids and head out half hour before kickoff. I enjoy watching with friends but will have to check my pessimism. I was quiet cranky last year until the miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST