PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Super Bowl get together every year with two buddies, their spouses and all of our grown kids. Munchies and drinks. Last year, the bourbon flowed in the second half, so now one of the guys is convinced that makes the difference.

Good fans, all Pats fans, fairly knowledgeable. I've had fans of other teams before, and generally it doesn't work well. It's my house, don't tell me how to be, be it fetal position (most of the game) or dancing like a fool. (immediately after the win)

Big difference for me this year, I am attending the Glazier coaching clinic in Groton CT Friday thru Sunday. We should head home with plenty of time to spare.

none of my local friends enjoy sports so ill be alone eating whatever i feel like eating that day.

Thankfully their is a slight distraction with the Celts playing at noon, then will go to a bar and get really loud and hopefully enjoy a big Pats win making a lot of Eagles fans very very jealous

I'm with the majority here... If the Pats are not in it, I don't give a 5hit... we can host a party, we can go to party, I can stuff my face (more on that in a moment), and get totally 5hit faced.

However, when the Pats are in it, my house turns into a monastery on lockdown. I turn into a Brady Jersey-wearing monk. I can't eat (I get nauseous) can't get 5hit faced either because I either lose track of the game, or worse, get 5hit faced so bad that I will pass out thinking the Pats won, just to wake up Monday morning, hung-over to find out they have potentially lost (ask me how....). :mad:

Menu for the game:

For the kids and wife: wings, deep-fried bacon mac & cheese fried sticks, pigs in a blanket, chips, homemade pizza, and assortment of finger desserts, ice cream, etc.

For me: Pepto-Bismol, Seltzer water, lemon wedges, and a bucket on standby. :eek:

Go Pats!

Last edited:
Going up to CT to watch it with my folks and girls. I've watched every SB I could since SB39 by myself, so it will be cool. My father got a bunch of beers from the old country and we've got a 50 year old single malt whiskey to enjoy as well should we pull it off. I'm sure my vodquilas will make an appearance; they're almost as much a good luck charm as my Kevin Faulk throwback jersey and Pats pajama pants.

Good plan, and as always, thanks for your service and all the sailors, soldiers, and Marines, watching the game around the world.

As most long-timers on the Board know, I live in NYC.

Every year we get invited to an SB party thrown by good friends of ours. When the Pats are in it, I politely tell them that I would not be good company, since virtually everyone else is pulling against the Patriots...OK, everyone else is pulling against them. So, one of my teenage kids, who is young enough not to carry the baggage of long time fandom, goes to the party with my wife and proudly wears his Brady Jersey.

Three years ago, he tells of sitting quietly in the front row before the Big Screen TV (texting me, "Don't give up Dad. Don't give up.") as everyone else was yelling and screaming in anticipation of the inevitable Beast Mode winning TD after the Kearse catch. With the abandon of youth, he ran around the suddenly silent, groaning room like a maniac when Butler made "The Pick." Similar story last year, though it took longer to build and when there was a virulent anti-Patriots couple in attendance who had been obnoxious since the Brady pick in the first half. He was not afraid to scream directly into their faces. Ah, I'm so proud of that kid!

So, I stay home with my other son (of whom I am also proud, and who keeps me company since he's not friends with the sons of the couple throwing the party) and suffer for four hours, not inflicting my angst on the public...also seems to be a "Good Luck Charm," as it's worked twice in a row!

Last edited:
I go to a Superbowl party every year. I will have the same seat as last year in my friends house. Same Bruschi Jersey. Same Seahawks fans who are happy for me but still hate the Patriots.

Patriots or no Patriots, my wife and I always host a party at our house each year. She always makes an amazing spread of food. I'm working sunday morning from about 8am to 3pm, it's a kickoff of 7:30pm for the time zone I am in. I really don't mind working as it passes the time and I am making money. I'll come home and play some video games to help pass the time till guests start to show up around 6pm. I avoid the pre-game shows like the plague. I had to work early in the morning after SB LI, thankfully I am off on monday.

Some of my favourite moments from the last 2 SB's have come from the parties. SB XLIX, there was just another couple and us left at the end. When Butler made the interception my wife and I were freaking out and the wife of the couple was wondering what was going on, her husband said "the games over"

Last year's party was mostly comprised of my wife's co-workers, all who aren't into sports at all, you know the crowd that watches the SB for the ads. One had said "Is Tom Brady playing in this game?" When Alford picked off Brady another one of her co-workers said "what is he doing, is he celebrating, why is he dancing" As the comeback started they all started to get into the game which was pretty cool. I need to ask my wife is any are coming this sunday.

Pre this dynasty I was kind of into the SB just for the parties, food, and to casually watch the game etc....Now that Brady is in it every other year I find the off years to be a total bore, and I have very little interest in attending a party and I will still watch but only barely. Nice problem to have, but gonna suck when he hangs it up.

I attended big parties in 2014 and 2016. I’m just going to get some wings and stuff and watch this one from home. I just had a new surround sound system installed that I’m looking forward to testing out.

I honestly don't understand how people go to parties where anti-pats people are in attendance. I'd fcking punch every one of them. I made the mistake of going to a Pats-superbowl party ONCE! And even there, the majority were Pats 'fans' (the hosts were Seahawks fans and couldn't care less). Even there, amongst Pats fans, watching the game was unbearable.... all the stupid kids running around and jumping in front of the TV, so much noise, screaming, I couldn't hear anything.... and then Manningham caught the ball on the sidelines... OH MY GOD! I thought I'd kill those kids. Never again! If the Pats are in it, I don't care who is in attendance. I'm not going anywhere and I'm not hosting anyone. The only exception I might consider making is if a TRUE, HARDCORE fan like myself can sit, and focus 100% on the game, I'd have him over. I have a few Pats 'fans' friends that I've had over a few times during the season, but they are younger (millennials), and although they cheer on the Pats, they spend half the game on stupid social media - I can't take that 5hit.

How’s this possible? Do you live on some island in the atlantic or something?

No island (that would be awesome), I live in the Atlantic time zone. I love the time zone when the Patriots play the late afternoon game on sundays.

I've watched the last 2 Pats Super Bowls in my man cave on the 106 inch screen which is an insanely incredible football viewing experience. This year I am going to a private party in Seattle with only 7-8 people at a bar that will be closed. I think all will be rooting for the Eagles except my friend who has fat money on the Pats to win (he's also got some money on the Falcons with points).

I'm with the crowd here that avoids parties because they really want to watch the game itself and be free to do whatever behavioral stuff in relative privacy without compromise.

I'm stuck with my octogenarian in-laws this year, though. They will be absolutely dreadful if the Pats are down during the game. They were insufferable last year at half time down 25 points but kindly went home assuming the game was done.

Booze and food will be present, not sure what yet. Hopefully something fun and non-Tom Brady-ish.

I've watched the last 2 Pats Super Bowls in my man cave on the 106 inch screen which is an insanely incredible football viewing experience. This year I am going to a private party in Seattle with only 7-8 people at a bar that will be closed. I think all will be rooting for the Eagles except my friend who has fat money on the Pats to win (he's also got some money on the Falcons with points).

He might want to change that bet... :D

Good plan, and as always, thanks for your service and all the sailors, soldiers, and Marines, watching the game around the world.

Likewise.

After spending the last 2 Super Bowl victories at the Cask surrounded by college kids who couldn't give a **** less about the game, I've decided to just have a small part at my place with a couple of Pats fans with probably the GOAT pizza I've ever had, whiskey, beer, and tequila

He might want to change that bet... :D

Yeah, he sort of hedged but can still win all of them if it's close. I think he has way more on the Pats to win so he would be happy with a blowout too. I have never seen someone so lucky with gambling. He has had seasons where he did not lose one playoff game. This year he has been kicking ass and won $1650 on the Alabama game (he is from Mobile) and I think he has one bet that he made a few months ago for Alabama and the Pats to win it all. I do recall that he lost $500 that he had bet on the Rams in 2001 though!

Are you watching the game at a big party? Or just with a small group? Or alone?
Are you watching with other Pats fans, or will there be people rooting for the Eagles?
And what time does the drinking start? ;)

Never a party when the Pats are involved. Lock it down. Can't eat full meals either...Snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes