PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You poor bastard.

You can always “feel sick” and have to stay home.

Could even be finger down the throat worthy.
I think we'll go home at 1/2 time. That's a reasonable compromise.

At home with my wife, and two other couples who are Pats Aficionado's .. some finger foods, no booze so I do not fall asleep or lose focus on the game..

Have to help my wife keep her focus, last night she talked about making Shrimp Scampi. I asked her how are people going to watch the SB and eat Scampi (in a nice way of course)?? I think she finally agreed to allow me make some curry chicken salad and stuff some rolls along with some other goodies the other couples can bring.. not sure she agreed or not, lately she has been overthinking more than usual.

Keep it simple it is about watching the SB with close pats fans friends, sober with some good comfort food.. I have been known to strongly voice my opinion if the conversation turns to non football activities..

This has always been the approach that I have taken too, but I’m strongly contemplating a nice big glass of wine right around kickoff to help calm the nerves this time. I still haven’t decided. As you both mention, I’d rather not have to due to the distraction, but these big games take a bit of a toll on me.

I honestly don’t even remember most of the commercials or anything, aside from one Audi commercial back in the 2nd Giants loss. It’s like I’m in another zone, altogether. I’m not a guy who freaks out and throws stuff or anything, but I’m pretty antsy and agitated—sometimes pacing, etc.
I feel you. I was drinking jack and coke throughout the Titans game this year. Only time i've chosen to drink during a playoff game... was certainly enjoyable, but realized after that i was just way less focused. the nerves and mental breakdowns are part of the SB fun. 30 other fanbases would LOVE to experience it. enjoy it and fight thru it :)

I'll be in Dubai UAE for business. The game starts at 3:30 AM. I'm researching establishments in the area so I can watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes