PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hang out with my wife and the dog, kids will check in by phone.

My recliner is ready but will spend most of the game leaning forward. will check the forum at halftime to miss the executable half time show.

I'll be in Vientiane (Laos) at Scorpion Wings just like I was last year, hopefully with the same people I was with last year. I've done the last two in Vientiane, so we're 2-0. Had to fly back to ensure we end at 6-2 this time.

Going up to CT to watch it with my folks and girls. I've watched every SB I could since SB39 by myself, so it will be cool. My father got a bunch of beers from the old country and we've got a 50 year old single malt whiskey to enjoy as well should we pull it off. I'm sure my vodquilas will make an appearance; they're almost as much a good luck charm as my Kevin Faulk throwback jersey and Pats pajama pants.
where in CT? I am breaking out the Devin McCourty Jersey that my GF got me for xmas

Gonna be watching it on my brand new OLED tv! All by myself, to me Super Bowl games when patriots are playing are very sacred and I like to watch it with 0 distractions, if any other teams play then I’ll watch it at friends house.

Snuggling up with my wife, ordering a sicilian pizza (We've won every playoff game for the last 2 seasons when I order sicilian pizza), yelling at the tv while my wife yells at me saying "Stop yelling, they can't hear you."

Everytime I am home watching the superbowl, the pats win. The 3 times I either went to a superbowl party or had a superbowl party, the pats lost (Packers, Giants, Giants).

I watch either with my brother or alone, hate a big group for the big one. Hosted a huge super bowl party in 86, never again. A pizza, wings and bourbon, all I need.

i've been living in the same place for about 3.5 years now, so the first SB that took place against the hawks i hosted a party....worked out well, so last year hosted another one to not mess w/ any of the goodness lol

now i still live here, and damn straight im hosting another party, i don't mind the people, most are usually not fans of either team in SB, but as neutral usually would prefer pats to lose

i will not forget how their faces changed between late 3rd and OT last year for a long long time, i want to see those same looks from halfway into the 1st Q this year!!

Gonna be watching it on my brand new OLED tv! All by myself, to me Super Bowl games when patriots are playing are very sacred and I like to watch it with 0 distractions, if any other teams play then I’ll watch it at friends house.

Right there with ya. I watch it alone, so I can crank the volume up, swear as mightily and cheer as lustily as a psycho Viking, and drink like Captain Jack afterward. I tend to drink lightly during the game so I don't miss anything. The drinking REALLY commences afterward to either prolong the ecstasy, or drown the agony.

But yeah, it's easier on my family as well as my neighbors if I'm left alone during the game. :cool:

th

I'll be watching it with the exact same people in the same room (not)sitting in same chair eating the same food drinking the same beverage and wearing the same John Hannah jersey as I did for the last 5 SB wins, not that I am superstitious or anything. We have only deviated from that plan twice...yep, the 2 Giants games. First one was because of a career changing weekend business trip and the second was an out of state death in the family. Never again! Don't care what the job is or who dies. Again, not like I am superstitious or anything I am just a firm believer in...following best demonstrated practices.
I'm not superstitious either but it sounds like was definitely your fault they lost.:D

Not allowed to have Superbowl parties anymore since 07. Had a meltdown when one of my wife's friends decided she was going to route for the Giants that day and decided to really get under my skin by cheering every Giants play and jeer every Patriots play on purpose.

Short story short, after the fluke helmet catch I'd had enough and told her to get the f out of my house with a few other choice words. I saw red and I think her husband saw it too and they left. Years later I reconciled with them but I don't think to this day that I was wrong. I don't think she understood the ramifications of what was on the line.
This sounds like the definition of living hell. I commend you for not murdering them. I want to punch my screen just reading your story lol

As for me I'll be watching it with my wife alone with my phone in airplane mode. I'll have it buffered on the DVR for an hour so I can fast forward any annoying parts such as when the other team scores and the have to show 17 replays of it.

I'll start by being really excited and convinced it'll be a blowout. We'll start moving the ball easily and I'll feel confident that not only will we be world champs but I'll have some money in my pocket from the win.

Then the game will get tight, the score will be close going into the 4th quarter and I'll stop caring about the bet and the hookers I'd spend it on and start dreading what might happen if we lose.

Then Brady will give the defense the lead in the 4th quarter, some crazy ass **** will go down and I'll either go into football hibernation or come here to celebrate despite the fact I will have lost $1k on the game.

Also I'll just be watching in my living room with my cat.

Haven't seen my kids in over a month. I've been working this contract job like there's no freaking tomorrow. I'm driving up and picking up my kids and then headed to Maine to watch the game with my brother at his SB party. It's a bunch of Patriot fans who all have kids or grandkids of their own. Great food, great drinks, great people and my kids. Boom shakalaka baby. I am so freaking pumped.

Hopefully having a SB party. Lay year we had maybe 15 people over, chili, wings, pizza, etc.
I get unhinged (see some GD posts:D) during regular season games. Playoff games turn it up another notch, and the SB? Forget it... Most games I watch w family (wife and 2 kids) and I'm a pacing up and down the hallway maniac.
I scream at the TV, and can feel my heart racing. I don't drink when watching w the family.
So hopefully people get back to us about Sunday because the more people over my house the less apt I am to go into orbit:D
If not, one of our local bars is having a kid friendly SB party still we might go there....Again, being around more people lessens the chance of my wife having to break out a defibrillator
Yes, I remember you in last year's Superbowl GD thread.

ALONE.

No numbnuts asking stupid questions.
I can freak out.
No one to revel in my misery if they don't win.

Last Superbowl was great.
My coworkers called me to bust my balls at halftime.
I work on the oilfield...2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I was off.
I texted them and told them to "suck it" after the game.

Plan on watching it on my brother's big-screen with him and my dad. Probably order pizza and drink too much pop. No pre-game show, thanks.

Due to the nature of past Super Bowls, I intend to be quite drunk by kickoff time. Continue drinking during the game and hopefully not pass out before the end. I will view the game from my living room. I don’t watch Super Bowls at the bar any more, had to buy this guy a new hat last time

No way Can I be in the gdt. Just not really intelligent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday