PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bortles had a very smartperformance against Pats last season. I bet he is not smart enough to do it once again.Defense not Bortles is the only legit game changer to me.

On the ground, White isn't doing anything against that front. His impact will be felt on third downs.
If it's 3rd and 4. But I take your point. I don't see a lot of offense for us Sunday.

Jags should have won in Foxboro last season. Or easily could have won that game. This is a classic revenge game. Brady doesn't have all his weapons. It's on the road where the pass rush will be a major issue. I don't see this ending well.

That being said if the Pats D continues to improve maybe they can eek out a 3-point win in a close low scoring game?
I don't think its a close game. Patriots 2-0.

Bortles had a very smartperformance against Pats last season. I bet he is not smart enough to do it once again.Defense not Bortles is the only legit game changer to me.
I don't think it was about him being smart, but more like they had plays designed to protect him in the passing game. For instance, the Pats had a hard time stopping the run, so on third downs he could find options against a depleted NE LB corps. He won't have that luxury again. The Pats run D needs to step up and force Bortles into 3rd and longs. If they can do that, I think Bortles holds onto the ball and the Pats could be in for a few more sacks like last Sunday.

I don't think its a close game. Patriots 2-0.
Any win against an AFC opponent is a good win. It helps you in three columns for your record. One win for overall record, one win in the AFC and one win against that opponent holding the tie breaker. Beating a potential Super Bowl contender? Even better.

Well don’t turn the ball over to start. Protect the football. I feel the jags d line is more impressive than the Texans so it should be a challenge. Need to stop the run in this game.

I'll be cheering from the upper deck, though at the 40 yard line and on the aisle. Just $164 per ticket on ticketmaster. That is maybe half of what a similar ticket would be in Miami, and I don't even want to think about what I'd have to pay in Foxboro. I'd have to tell one of my 3 kids who are in college to drop out!

Watched the Giants/Jags game, focusing on the Jags DL. Ngakoue spent most of his day lined up wide 9 vs. Solder. The Giants were content to let him rush wide beyond the pocket and he mostly obliged. However, he did a few spin moves inside which fooled Nate each time, once right before the half and twice at the start of the 4th quarter, each time pressuring Eli. I was surprised he didn't use that move more often. It will be interesting to see how Brown does against him. Nate did a good job steering his outside rush past the pocket. Hope Brown can do the same.

Campbell rarely ventured to Nate's side (was a draw when he did), but why bother when you can feast against RT Erik Flowers and a young interior? The right side of the line struggled and overall the line couldn't open holes against the DTs. Not expecting the Pat's to run much on them.

One thing is blatantly obvious after watching that game: Gronk >>>>>>> Evan Engram, both blocking and receiving. I couldn't figure out why Eli kept looking for him. His effort in corralling passes looked weak and he acted like he's allergic to contact when asked to block. The Pats offense will be a grad level course for the Jags D after the junior high stuff the Giants trotted out.

Regards,
Chris

Reading this thread I feel like I've woken up from a 10 year long coma and now all of a sudden Jax is this amazing team.
I’m afraid that I’ll be viewed as pessimistic since I pointed out some concerns with Houston last week in the 2018 version debut for our Pats, but I think Jacksonville poses a threat as well, particularly in their house.

We have to remember that it was 20-10 in the 4th quarter here at Gillette in the AFCCG, and really, we can thank our lucky stars that it wasn’t 27-10 since the NFL admitted a mistake in whistling the Myles Jack scoop and score prematurely.

They did a good job at limiting the offense for the majority of the game by getting physical, are pissed off about the belief that they were robbed of a chance to go to the Super Bowl, and will be pumped up in front of their home crowd for their opener.

Lots of reasons to like our chances, but I think the concern is legitimate, too.

At times, the Giants displayed really bad OL technique. Really bad. OLs could not get to their assignments. They are slow. Solder needed or expected inside help against Ngakoue.

Giants moved the ball and got better as the game went on.

At times, the Giants displayed really bad OL technique. Really bad. OLs could not get to their assignments. They are slow. Solder needed or expected inside help against Ngakoue.

Giants moved the ball and got better as the game went on.
Boy, would it be nice to mitigate some of that pass rush and chew up some productive drives with the running game. We could really use a nice showing.

We know the jags will play cover 1 for the majority of the game or a cover 2 concept. I’d be surprised if they go for a zone scheme considering who they have in their D.

James white and Burkhead will be huge for us in this game and could be the deciding factor. Personally I think we should run the ball down there ****ing throats and tire them
Out.

Coleman Dorsett and Hogan are basically non existent in this game As Ramsey or boyue will be covering them or maybe one will cover gronk or try too..

Personally I think Ryan Allen will also be very very important in this game for pinning the jags back in there half and forcing them to drive 90 yards.

I expect we will see Shelton, Guy, Brown. In a lot of packages to force them to throw the ball.

Think it will be a close game. I’m going 21-10 pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft