PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sticking to my prediction.
3Gjt7Ol.png

This is a game I penciled in as a lost before the season started. You probably need to favor the Patriots in every individual game but this is clearly not a 16-0 caliber team.

I was given a little pause from what I saw against the Texans when it came to my prediction of putting this game in as an L. This Pats team is not in playoff form, but it seems to be ahead of where they usually are for the first quarter of the year, at least on defense. I look at all the main starters and back ups on defense and I don't think there is an easy point to exploit assuming health.

On offense it's highly questionable what this team can do right now vs this Jags defense. Even against the Texans, Brady felt forced to throw into double coverage at Gronk a lot.

Hogan wasn't able to get open vs the Texan's #1 CB. It's very unlikely he gets open vs the Jags. That leaves Gronk. Dorsett and the RBs. Patterson isn't really a WR is more of a general offensive weapon. Once we get Edelman back that will open things up considerably.

It looks to me they'll likely be forced to play this game Jacksonville's way. A low scoring contest where the outcome will be decided by which defense can force a mistake or which STs unit screws up.

The fact the Pats will probably be forced to play their style of football is bad news. The good news is The Pats have the ability to get a better pass rush than last time. They need to generate turn overs or get a defensive score.

As for STs I would advise them to take that unit out of the game completely. Kick it out the back of the endzone on kickoffs and don't try to fair catch the punts if you don't have a guy you can trust not to screw it up. Just let it bounce. The Jags sealed the game against the Giants with a muffed punt and we let the Texans back in it with one of our own. Let's just take that variable out of it completely.

Gloomy Gus.

Please detail how the JAX offense will do better this time w/o Fournette and vs a seemingly better Patriots defense.

Another season for Blake. More plays in the playbook. More aggressive playalling throughout the game. They got conservative in January in the 2nd half. The Eagles played aggressive the entire game. Jax will do the same. The blue print is out...

Another season for Blake. More plays in the playbook. More aggressive playalling throughout the game. They got conservative in January in the 2nd half. The Eagles played aggressive the entire game. Jax will do the same. The blue print is out...
So JAX is facing the exact same D as it did in January?

So JAX is facing the exact same D as it did in January?
No. That's why I still give the Pats a chance in a low scoring type ugly game. Read the second part of my post.

We run the ball down their ****ing throats. Establish the run. Play the territory game with them.

It should be pretty loud there. The city is very fired up about this one. But it won’t be anything Brady hasn’t played in before.
This is a stadium which, until last year, covered up 4 full sections with tarps because they couldn't give the tickets away, let alone sell 'em.

Can't say I am terribly worried about the Jacksonville "faithful".

Do people forget that we didn’t have Gronk for the majority of last years game?

This is a stadium which, until last year, covered up 4 full sections with tarps because they couldn't give the tickets away, let alone sell 'em.

Can't say I am terribly worried about the Jacksonville "faithful".

Yep but times are good there now so they're coming out of the woodwork.

Jags should have won in Foxboro last season. Or easily could have won that game. This is a classic revenge game. Brady doesn't have all his weapons. It's on the road where the pass rush will be a major issue. I don't see this ending well.

That being said if the Pats D continues to improve maybe they can eek out a 3-point win in a close low scoring game?

Quite agree that the Pats will have a supremely tough test but could eke out a close win.
Hopefully special teams will improve on KR defense and give the d good field position. Field position may be crucial in this one.

Another season for Blake. More plays in the playbook. More aggressive playalling throughout the game.

Bortles was 18 of 33 for 175 yards last week. People can blame the rain but that's a weak excuse

The blue print is out...

Blue print is out on what? How to play against the 2017 Pats defense? This isn't the 2017 Pats defense though. Because if it was Watson would have done better than 17 of 35 for 170 yards.

No. That's why I still give the Pats a chance in a low scoring type ugly game. Read the second part of my post.
So you pick JAX in a high scoring game?

This could have been a big game for Hill. It's too bad he's on the shelf.

Love the work that Baldy does for these breakdowns. I imagine that McDaniel's will do a better job scheming and our OL will be more disciplined against the Jaguars front, but they're a very talented, fundamentally sound squad. Brady > Eli is the saving grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back