PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Internet tough guy it is. JK you don't get to see them live that often so enjoy.

Will do. I'll typically try to go down to Miami every other year. Was thinking about coming up for the Packers game this year but I'm not sure I feel like taking out a second mortgage to do it. :)

Can't wait for this one. I'll be at this game. Expect Gronk to be doubled and get a healthy amount of Ramsey during this one. I'm expecting Bouye to cover Hogan and Hogan to not do much of anything in this one. This should be a big game for both Burkhead and White in the passing game.
Take notice that I am coaching up Phillip Dorsett. :cool:

Myles Jack wasn’t down, but Dion Lewis was. I think Jags coaching staff gets way too much flak for the ACCG. They coached a hell of a game and lost to a better team on the road. We win a lot of games off teams making big mistakes and Jags didn’t want to go down that way.

The playcalling on offense, objectively, was crap in the 4th quarter. Shotgun run on 1st down, deep pass on 2nd, try to throw for a 1st down on 3rd on a crossing route (which was pretty successful against Butler, but I digress).

I get what you're saying about big mistakes, but the Patriots defense was on their heels in the first half. You've gotta try to put the Patriots away in that situation. That's what they did v. Pittsburgh the week before. It's not that they went conservative, so much as they went incredibly predictable, to the point where Fournette was a non-factor, despite still getting carries in the 2nd half.

I don't think they get too much flak, myself. I think they get just enough flak.

Pretty much plugged in Yeldon.

Imperative that they account for Yeldon every time he's on the field. He destroyed the Patriots in the passing game last year.

The Patriots will install an offense that is different than the AFCCG. It would be great to have Michel on the field to add a dimension.

Defensively, the Patriots run defense was exposed during the Texans game, so BB will be doing some things to get the linebackers in the right gaps. The Pats gave up 4.9 ypc but were very good on 3rd down. The 3rd down defense has to be good again to keep Brady on the field.

The Jaguars OL is a huge upgrade over that itinerant mess of the Texans. This will be a bigger test of the Pats' DL.

I expect a brawl.

Last edited:
Imperative that they account for Yeldon every time he's on the field. He destroyed the Patriots in the passing game last year.
These kind of comments crack me up. He destroyed us. Did he?
Yeldon had 2 receptions for 6 yards.

I'm much more worried about Mercedes Lewis who scorched the Patriots on 4-yard TD reception. It was his only reception of the day, but boy did it hurt. (Yeldon is a good back, by the way. The Pats do need to keep an eye on him.)

AFC Championship - Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots - January 21st, 2018 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Leonard Fournette was the biggest worry during the AFCC and remains so this week. The Jags have a veteran, big OL that took a huge step when they landed Cam Robinson at LT from Alabama last season. That line was a big reason why Bortles had a good 2017, and why they manhandled the Steelers in the divisional round.

Tom Coughlin has helped the Jags build a tough team from the inside out in the mold of his NY Giants teams. They're well-coached, too. I would not be surprised to see them again in the playoffs. They have a tough division, especially now that Andrew Luck is back. They will be tested and get to the playoffs as a more mature post-season team.

I have this one as an L on the schedule for the Patriots. I just hope they emerge with few or no injuries.

Last edited:

Unless you're on the spectrum (definite possibility there), he pretty clearly got Yeldon mixed up with Grant.

Jags should have won in Foxboro last season. Or easily could have won that game. This is a classic revenge game. Brady doesn't have all his weapons. It's on the road where the pass rush will be a major issue. I don't see this ending well.

That being said if the Pats D continues to improve maybe they can eek out a 3-point win in a close low scoring game?

Jags should have won in Foxboro last season. Or easily could have won that game. This is a classic revenge game. Brady doesn't have all his weapons. It's on the road where the pass rush will be a major issue. I don't see this ending well.

That being said if the Pats D continues to improve maybe they can eek out a 3-point win in a close low scoring game?

I mean, it's Jacksonville, not Denver. I don't expect crowd noise to be much of an issue.

Gloomy Gus.

Please detail how the JAX offense will do better this time w/o Fournette and vs a seemingly better Patriots defense.

Gloomy Gus.

Please detail how the JAX offense will do better this time w/o Fournette and vs a seemingly better Patriots defense.

Who says Fournette isn’t playing?

I mean, it's Jacksonville, not Denver. I don't expect crowd noise to be much of an issue.
It should be pretty loud there. The city is very fired up about this one. But it won’t be anything Brady hasn’t played in before.

I am. They aren't going to push him with the bad hammy. If they do he'll be hindered.
Fournette has already said he expects to play. Going back to LSU, he’s dealt with hamstring issues through most of his playing career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back