PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

if Mac Jones ceiling is as low as Tom Bradys was in 1999, I'll take another 6 rings and further 20 years of NFL dominance :cool:
Because of the environment, I firmly believe Mac Jones has the opportunity to have the best career of the 5 first round QBs taken. I mentioned it before but the synergy between player style and team philosophy is perfect.

Jones is going to be a stud in New England.

Because of the environment, I firmly believe Mac Jones has the opportunity to have the best career of the 5 first round QBs taken. I mentioned it before but the synergy between player style and team philosophy is perfect.

Mac Jones couldn't be more perfect for this offense and this offense for him.

Progressions. Locking in on receivers.
Well hopefully Mac is the right pick. Not the guy I wanted and a few immature incidents in the past.

But, he’s here. Clean slate as they say. They say he’s a real brainiac. I worry he’s a product of an incredibly stacked team. Haven’t had a good Bama QB in the pros in a long time.

I think Tua and Mac will be bust, but hopefully I’ll be wrong on Mac (sorry Tua lol). Cool dynamic Tua and Mac will get to play twice a year.

Seems like the ideal choice even if it is not particularly flashy or exciting.

He said all the right things in the press conference. If things go right he will get a nice redshirt year of development and will be ready to be in full command of the offense next year.

Jones' playtime this year will not be determined by his own performance but by what Cam is able to do with his second shot. And I hope the fans and media folks will be able to realize this instead of handing out bust labels if he ends up as the backup behind Cam after camp.

If camp shows thay Cam is toast then Jones will be able to throw to a very QB friendly collection of talent.

We are set up nicely either way.

best part is, that Pats did not have to sell the house or future picks to get him, just sit there and wait for him to get to them, BB couldnt't get the pick in fast enough it seems, what was it 15-16sec?

Well hopefully Mac is the right pick. Not the guy I wanted and a few immature incidents in the past.

But, he’s here. Clean slate as they say. They say he’s a real brainiac. I worry he’s a product of an incredibly stacked team. Haven’t had a good Bama QB in the pros in a long time.

I think Tua and Mac will be bust, but hopefully I’ll be wrong on Mac (sorry Tua lol). Cool dynamic Tua and Mac will get to play twice a year.
It's more of a personnel preference for me/system fit. I want a QB who orchestrates the offense and manipulates the defense, leads, is accurate, makes good decisions and goes through their progressions. I cannot stand improvising and scrambling around to "make a play".

Reports are Fields did extremely well in the cognitive tests. No doubt he's smart but that doesn't necessarily translate into being an elite QB. Look at Fitzmagic.

No question Fields is a better athlete but I didn't think he'd be a better QB for the NEP than Jones would have.

Everyone makes mistakes in life. Can’t and wouldn’t condemn and judge him on his past

Highest QB selection in franchise history since Bledsoe in 1993

People put too much stock in athleticism and running around now. The QBs job is to throw the ball.

By all accounts Mac Jones is accurate, has a quick release and can diagnose defenses. That's perfect for the offense we run. That's the reasons we wanted Jimmy back here.

Now that we have a QB I really want to see investment in offense in the next few rounds. A WR be nice.

Very exciting.....and makes me happy that we have something to look forward to at QB. Go Mac and Go Pats!

I nailed the Harry is a BUST pick from day one.

Im dead on the money about Mac as well. When has a rookie QB come in and won a Super Bowl in his rookie season? Its never happened. So, dont make any plans to attend the 2021 Super Bowl as this Patriots team gets another year older and squanders the good fortune of guys staying healthy.

Watching this unfold felt a lot like 2004. There was one glaring need on the roster, a tailor made first round fit who seemed to be just out of reach, and, like big Vince, he fell right into our laps.

Hope he stays in NE for a long time and doesn't bail on the team when the weapons aren't good enough

he will but the team will eventually move on a year or two too soon. Won’t give him an extension, toss out his trainer etc. so, in 20 years when he’s leaving with twelve rings we will be wrapped in our collective knowledge that it was for the best.. even though we will miss out on three or so rings

best part is, that Pats did not have to sell the house or future picks to get him, just sit there and wait for him to get to them, BB couldnt't get the pick in fast enough it seems, what was it 15-16sec?
Watching on nfl.com, seemed like “pick is in” went up right after “on the clock”

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back