PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

Someone has to teach the kid what we think of Goodell around here.

Goodell already calculating the punishment. A first, a second, $1 million ....

Well, that didn't take long...

Of course, if BB had Mac Jones fall into his lap and decided to stick with Cam and Stid instead, douche-bag Felger would be all over that like a cheap suit.

Felger for weeks has been saying the Pats were going to trade back in the first round and draft a defensive player and then draft a QB in the 3rd. Now he is saying they are QB horny?

Weclome to the Pats. Of course i would root for him to be good.

But I do not like the pick, wish they went for Justin Fields.

Weclome to the Pats. Of course i would root for him to be good.

But I do not like the pick, wish they went for Justin Fields.
I wanted Justin Fields also, but Mac Jones is not bad. He has a chance to be a very good QB that can win championships

Meh.

Mac has very nice touch on the ball, but has a wet noodle for an arm. No fastball. he can’t improvise with his feet because he’s not athletic, and he is not in good physical shape. He also has had run ins with the law. That said, he throws an accurate pass.

i just don’t know. I wanted fields.

I wanted Justin Fields also, but Mac Jones is not bad. He has a chance to be a very good QB that can win championships
Yea I am gonna root for him...just deep in my stomach I think fields is going to be better. I loved the way he played in the national championship being injuried in all...

What I find funny is the "high floor/low ceiling" talk about prospects.

Like what was Tom Brady's supposed ceiling when he was taken 199 overall in 2000? What did Ryan Leaf's "higher ceiling than Peyton Manning" get anybody? I bet some dink was saying Joe Montana was a "low ceiling" guy too compared to *checks notes* JACK THOMPSON lol

It's not that physical attributes don't matter, it's that they're wildly overblown for a position where the vast majority of busts are MENTAL busts. 99 times out of 100 a QB tanks because they're too dumb for the pros.

Kyle Boller could throw it out of the stadium but he had zero value as a player because he was dumb as a stump.

Meh.

Mac has very nice touch on the ball, but has a wet noodle for an arm. No fastball. he can’t improvise with his feet because he’s not athletic, and he is not in good physical shape. He also has had run ins with the law. That said, he throws an accurate pass.

i am sure he would get into physical shape just in general. He would have to if he plans on having a long career but I agree with everything else (I am not worried about him getting in trouble either)...honestly I just don't wanna see a low-budget Brady type.

That is straight up untrue.

Either you haven't watched him or you're simply lashing out because you wanted someone else. He has excellent pocket presence and moves around in the pocket very like Tom Brady.

As an aside, the media narrative that he's unathletic and immobile is completely false and
Meh.

You will be eating your words soon. Jones is a better QB than fields. His arm strength is fine. Fields will be a bust.

I'm not sure where all the cracks about Jones's arm strength are even coming from when his highlight reel is full of deep ball completions that look pretty smooth. It's not like Cam winding up for the shot put to throw a 10 yard out that we saw all 2020, that offense drove the ball down the field plenty. It's not a 2008 Jay Cutler arm, but look where that got Cutler lol.

Meh.

Watching Jones, I do not at all see this noodle arm being talked about.

Welcome to the 6x World champions and hopefully he will have success for the next 15 years. :D
Maybe in restrospect in 2036 we had between 1993 and 2036 (43years) only “3“ real starting Quarterbacks (Cam and JG not counting )

✌✌ best franchise ever ✌✌

lets go and get more weapons

greets to Pats nation from Germany (it was a long night over here)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back