PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

One worry about him is that he had the top offensive weapons (RB too) with a very stout OL.

How will he handle this with mediocre to below-average WRs?
rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

@Ring 6 I know this wasn't the guy you wanted. But I do recall one of your main predictors for the Patriots selecting a first round QB was that they'd built the team in the offseason to be very rookie QB friendly: Strong OL, tight ends for versatility and safety nets, strong running game and strong defense. With Jones being a "pro ready" QB, does this give you some consolation, or is it too soon?

(This may be coming across snarky or sarcastic but I promise it's not)
Sure. I wanted a QB. I was ok with any of the 5 but had a preference. My feeling has always been you take one of the top
prospects and then it’s the coaching staffs job to coach them up.
I think bb won’t rush him but will have a hard time keeping him on the sidelines and okaying newton. I expect him to be starting by Halloween.
I am thrilled how it worked out.

So many interesting narratives in five years time

SF passing on Jones for Lance
Jets and Pats both drafting a 1st round QB in the same year
Pats not trading up for Fields
Bears choosing Fields over Jones

Who will be the best of these in five years time?

How long before the racism and dui’s **** becomes all we hear about?

What's interesting is that picking Mac is a clear statement that their offense is reverting to what made them great the last 20 years. And Cam doesn't fit in it. So, is it better to have Cam running a bad mixed version of a RPO offense preparing Mac, or have Stidham at least grease the wheel for the style and system-ready offense they want to develop with Mac? Also, if Stidham sucks, it'll make an easier transition to a rookie, who will obviously struggle if he plays by the end of this year.
Good question.

Well, one thing that was noted when we signed Cam was his contract was heavily bonus based so he was easy to cut. He gets a $700k per-game roster bonus, so the longer he stays the more he costs. We also heard that Cam was signed so they would at least have someone at QB to sell to free agents.

So, who knows, BB and the coaches get Mac into their building, put him through the paces, he has a strong training camp, BB makes a decision that 2021 is a "learning on the job" season, gives Mac the job out of training camp or early in the season, and cuts Cam, keeps Stid as a backup. Not likely, but not impossible.

They were not the "BCS National Champions" nor did they play in the "BCS Championship". There is no BCS anymore. Sloppy!

Smartest most NFL ready QB in the draft after Lawrence. Winner, best passing stats in college football.

San Francisco was debating between him and Lance, Lance being what every GM wants and Jones being what every coach wants. Think Jones will be a starter out of camp, if not by midseason assuming health. Pats are built to win now, good pick at 15.

I'm ok with the pick, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Pats' QB having bigger boobs than my wife...not that there's anything wrong with that.
I'm a leg and ass man myself - how does he compare?

So many interesting narratives in five years time

SF passing on Jones for Lance
Jets and Pats both drafting a 1st round QB in the same year
Pats not trading up for Fields
Bears choosing Fields over Jones

Who will be the best of these in five years time?
What team will the Jete trade Zach Wilson to when Douglas gets fired, a new GM comes in and decides he can buy himself a year or two of living large off Woody's dime by drafting a new QB?

Trade down, I think Pittsburgh ends up with Mond or Mills now.
I liked Mond and Mills better that Mac but in BB I’ll trust.
Most important question is what did The Wolf think?
You don't think Pitt is hot on the crybaby ***** backup they have anymore?

What team will the Jete trade Zach Wilson to when the current front office gets fired, a new GM comes in and decides he can buy himself a year or two of living large off Woody's dime by drafting a new QB?
Who cares? The fact that it had happened would be all I needed.

I'm ok with the pick, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Pats' QB having bigger boobs than my wife...not that there's anything wrong with that.
Well one thing I can say I'm feeling is better about my own body.

Hate the pick, hope I’m wrong about it. Think we blew it not moving up for Fields.
I like Jones over Fields. But I wouldve been happy with either. I really like the fact we didnt have to trade up. Now we get a potentially very good prospect in the 2nd

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back