PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

Where did you find that TB12 hand measurement?

Gronk is 10.75. Unreal. Hamburger Helper...

Pretty straight forward

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 8
Where did you find that TB12 hand measurement?

Edit: I see there was an article about it last year stating 9.38, but I’m curious about that source. I couldn’t find that info online when searching a few times ofer the years.
you can find a lot info here:

I think teams will regret passing on mac jones. I was very high on him. People just look too much into who has athleticism and a cannon arm. Jones has good mobility. He’s also a much better prospect than stidham was.

Gronk is 10.75. Unreal. Hamburger Helper...
lol, 11.25 for Druckenmiller, in german you call that size "Klodeckel" (=Toilet lid)

I think teams will regret passing on mac jones. I was very high on him. People just look too much into who has athleticism and a cannon arm. Jones has good mobility. He’s also a much better prospect than stidham was.
Jones reminds me of Jared Goff. Built the same way and has the same strengths.

Hopefully he doesn't need a coach breaking down the defense in his headset pre-play like Goff did with McVay.

Well, I hope Jones doesn’t turn into Goff. Goff can’t read a defense. His coach needed to tell him what to do.

Well, I hope Jones doesn’t turn into Goff. Goff can’t read a defense. His coach needed to tell him what to do.
Yeah he's an idiot, not very smart at all when reading a defense

By all accounts, Mac can read a defense and was checking the Alabama offense into other plays based on what the defense was showing him. There’s film of them doing all kinds of pre-snap motion just to help Mac decipher what the defense was really doing.

Mac Jones may never start a game for the Pats.

Bill Belichick has made moves this offseason with FA and the draft to have a team for this upcoming season that will have a strong defense both passing and running games. He has Cam who has done well, past history, with good TEs in the game so Bill got two TEs. Bill acquired WRs, just enough, but not the type that has distance and hands. Bill has built a run and grind it out offense, old school football for this season.

So if Cam stays healthy, he has targets to throw to. He has backs that can run. Cam also can run making the running game that much tougher to defend against. This being said we could see a good season of mostly running with some passing to mix things up for the Pats.

The 49ers will go with Jimmy G this season if he stays healthy they will put him up for trade in March 2022 for less than a first rounder in the draft.

Bill will be thinking about acquiring Jimmy G as his starter for 2022/2023.

Where does Mac Jones fit in?

I think trade material. Not all of the 5 QBs will work out and there will be injured QBs and teams that want a different QB. Lots of potential places for a trade with a great return.

Where does Mac Jones fit in?

I think trade material. Not all of the 5 QBs will work out and there will be injured QBs and teams that want a different QB. Lots of potential places for a trade with a great return.
I think that’s a long shot, but I guess not out of the edge of possibility. I don’t think teams draft a quarterback with the intention of trading them. They draft them with the intention of playing them.

One benefit to Mac is he’s playing for up to five years on a rookie contract. That gives the Pats a lot of flexibility to build around. It’s one reason why the Chiefs wanted Mahomes in there even though Alex Smith was fine.

There's no way to read things like this and not assume it's trolling. This was an entirely unnecessary addition. You can be positive on Jones without attempting to put down Brady.

BRB, I'll get you a kleenex...

First: Zo!

But I too am skeptical of Brady's official hand measurement. I remember Pioli (I forget in which documentary, maybe the Brady 6 one?) saying he was surprised at how big Brady mitts were when they first met and shook hands. Also, the thing I noticed about his appearance on James Corden's show a couple months ago is how surprisingly large, even for his size, his hands appeared to be.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back