PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 TNF Bears vs Packers thread

I'm just trying to remember. I remember BB benching Meriweather back in 2010. What are we looking at? early 2000's?
Youtube search for "NFL jacked up" shows a number of videos from ~ 7 years ago. Fits your 2010 date.

PS - I'm assuming you previously meant to ask how long ago it was that folks admired hits like that?

I wonder what the breaking point for Glennon turnovers will be.. 5 times per game? 6? What will it take for Fox to put Trubisky in??

Count me on the side of saying that should be an ejection and then some. I'm sure he'll get a fine or whatever, maybe even suspended after the fact, but that was flat out dirty and whatever has been OK in the past that's a textbook "no no" in modern football, has been for several years. Game is still faster than ever and violent and all that, but it wasn't just a late hit, or awkward, or a misaimed shot - intentional helmet to face on a guy already tackled and totally indefensible.

Youtube search for "NFL jacked up" shows a number of videos from ~ 7 years ago. Fits your 2010 date.

PS - I'm assuming you previously meant to ask how long ago it was that folks admired hits like that?

Well kinda when they didn't throw a flag, nor call it dirty, just vicious? But yeah I'd be curious to know about that too!

"**** if Adams is ok. How can I throw another 1-4 yard TD pass?"

I dislike the dude too but let me take a page from that arrogant prick and say R-E-L-A-X.o_O

Edit: Oh wait, He just threw another TD... lol!

they should give out official NFL suspenders when they suspend a player...ease the pain and heartbreak of losing a motherlode while still keeping ones pants secured...

shopping

Letting Nelson get 10 yards open from the 8 yard line is not good defense, Bears. Maybe watch film or, like, call better plays or something.

Last edited:
You know a hit was bad when they cut away to give an update saying he's not paralyzed.

I wonder what the breaking point for Glennon turnovers will be.. 5 times per game? 6? What will it take for Fox to put Trubisky in??
The Bears have looked decent this year about half the time running the ball and throwing to their RBs... that's clearly something Trubisky could also do, very weird esp since he's significantly more mobile to boot. There's certainly no offensive complexity that requires Glennons veteran mind to execute. I think they're a poorly run enough franchise that they might be playing Glennon early to "let Trubisky watch and learn" but also out of some weird loyalty to Glennon because someone in FO told him he'd start. I give it 2 more games.

Also how can we forget 2012?

Patriots
34 passing touchdowns
25 rushing touchdowns

Packers
39 passing touchdowns
10 rushing touchdowns? (It was around this number, not sure the exact)

UPDATE: A whopping 9 rushing touchdowns in 2012!!!

Last edited:
I wonder how the squealers feel watching this. Next week at Dallas for the packers. So far they're 1-1 against legit competition

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back