PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess. If a white person is offended when they are called, "Cracker" they need to look up what an ethnic/racial slur really is.
locker room and on the field verbal sparring was the norm for me growing up. Guess the participation trophy crowd can't handle it.

Are you truly triggered by my use of cracker? Would you have preferred honky? I am as white as rice, so I have to right to make fun of my own kind. Don’t take yourself, and life, so seriously.
1639502631913.gif

Tennessee with Derrick Henry could be a problem as well…
Agree, MAC10. They are as physical as we are and he's unbelievable when healthy. I fear them in the playoffs more than the Chiefs.

Sorry. Meant to imply I didn't care. We were on the same team. They were good dudes.

Cracker? Who cares. They called me white m-fer and pasty b**ch. Whatever.

I held my own on the court. That was all that mattered to me at 17 and 18yo.
While in the Air Force back in the 60's, I was a young crew chief on a crash rescue truck. There were 3 other crew members on the truck and I was the only white guy. At 20 years old, my crew jokingly called me greyboy, among other things including "great white leader". :) We sat in the truck for 3 hour shifts sitting next to the runway. We had lots of laughs while hoping nothing serious would happen on our shifts. I was too young to realize it at time but during all of this sitting and waiting, we got to talk about everything including race. I learned alot including some perspective that I probably would not have gained otherwise.

While in the Air Force back in the 60's, I was a young crew chief on a crash rescue truck. There were 3 other crew members on the truck and I was the only white guy. At 20 years old, my crew jokingly called me greyboy, among other things including "great white leader". :) We sat in the truck for 3 hour shifts sitting next to the runway. We had lots of laughs while hoping nothing serious would happen on our shifts. I was too young to realize it at time but during all of this sitting and waiting, we got to talk about everything including race. I learned alot including some perspective that I probably would not have gained otherwise.
Not enough of those experiences to go around.....

Natick firemen I played hoops with at a club Med said Doug Flutie could dunk. Other folks I played with said you could slip several sheets of paper under my sneakers on a jump.
I can confirm that. Dude is quick as hell too.

The man is an athletic savant

Unless you can dunk, then they call you something else.
LOL. I could dunk a tennis ball and a flat volleyball. Thats it.

I want to see healthy Uche as the third pass rusher playing next to Barmore & Judon. He was close to a breakout in the preseason & september before injury.

Yea that ankle really impeded him. Hope hes healthy enough to contribute. He has some good upside to his game.

I want to see healthy Uche as the third pass rusher playing next to Barmore & Judon. He was close to a breakout in the preseason & september before injury.

Good news. Hope Harris takes it a little easy on the hammy for the next few days.

Hopefully BB's in-game name for Josh Uche is forgotten by now

An oddity for this season at least is the diminshing value of home field in the NFL.

For years it seems that the rule of thumb has been to give the home team a 3 point boost in point spread or score prediction analysis. More than 3 for good home teams, less for ones with poor support, but on average about 3 points.

Many statistical sites track what that factor actually is, based on game-by-game and year-by-year results. One is statistician Jeff Sagarin's NFL page: NFL team ratings 2021 - Jeff Sagarin Ratings

The current average home field advantage fudge factor for all NFL teams, right now as measured by Sagarin, is a mere 0.66 points. That's unusually low, I think lower than even during COVID last year, when stadiums were empty.

I guess it could be a fluky thing, but at this point it is based on 14 weeks of games and should have settled down a bit from any short term extremes.

home advantages
NFL = 0.66 points
college FB = 1.71 points
college basketball = 3.2 points
NBA = 1.48 points

Ironically I am black.
I am not trying to argue with you, but that doesn't seem ironic to me. It makes sense. I can see why a black person would be more sensitive to any type of "names" that a person is called based on the color of their skin.

Last edited:
I guess. If a white person is offended when they are called, "Cracker" they need to look up what an ethnic/racial slur really is.

sidenote but I remember reading that longform piece about AB when he left the Raiders that detailed a lot of the managed behavioral issues he displayed while in Pittsburgh. It was a great piece that chronicled a lot of what he had been through, the kind of environments he thrived in, etc.

However, one hilarious note in an otherwise serious piece was how, when on a weightlifting day, Roethlisberger tried to change the music that AB had picked (IIRC, each player got to pick the music for the day), to which Brown quickly shot back "f--- you, cracker."

I'd love to get the opportunity to say that to Roethlisberger.

sidenote but I remember reading that longform piece about AB when he left the Raiders that detailed a lot of the managed behavioral issues he displayed while in Pittsburgh. It was a great piece that chronicled a lot of what he had been through, the kind of environments he thrived in, etc.

However, one hilarious note in an otherwise serious piece was how, when on a weightlifting day, Roethlisberger tried to change the music that AB had picked (IIRC, each player got to pick the music for the day), to which Brown quickly shot back "f--- you, cracker."

I'd love to get the opportunity to say that to Roethlisberger.
I'd call him much worse and I don't care how big he is. He should be in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes