PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 "Other Games" Thread

Does this count as a 1/2 win for the Pats?
Brutal, that was a horrific effort by Los Angeles there. A bunch of guys trying to escape to the offseason unscathed.

Staley might get fired after tonight if they continue to look like this...say what you want about Bill, New England's defense certainly isn't playing like this.

Staley might get fired if they continue to look like this...say what you want about Bill, New England's defense certainly isn't playing like this.

Never had any qualms with the way Bill's defenses have played over the years.

Reactions: Ian
I’ve rarely felt happy about former patriots players playing well, but this is an exception. Good for Meyers and BBolden.
Hard not to be happy for both guys. Both contributed a lot here and I'm pretty sure both would have preferred to stay. It's just unfortunate they're not here.

I don't understand how you do that as a receiver at this level. Boggles the mind.

Wow, nice second effort there. Raiders playing hard tonight.

How do you lose a game 3-0 and then go up 35-0 at halftime in the next game?
Did they say Hardegree was on the sideline last week and they moved him upstairs this week? I was half-listening, but I think they mentioned that.

LOL, Chargers might let the Raiders put up 80 at this rate. Good Lord.

Reading this Chargers forum, it's interesting to see their conflicting takes on Bill:

Reading this Chargers forum, it's interesting to see their conflicting takes on Bill:
From what I understand from other Chargers fans I talked to, the fanbase is split over whether they think they need a more serious rebuild and don't trust Bill to see it through based off his recent history vs people who think the team is a lot closer and think he can be the spark.

There's also resistance due to him being a defensive coach in the modern NFL and being 72 coming in. Which frankly, ageism aside, I get a team not wanting to say "we are far away and this guy isn't going to be here to see through all the work we need". It's my biggest hesistation right now. I don't think we are all that close and the best move is a big reset and Bill at his age probably doesn't have the will to do that and a lot of decisions will be based on whether he is here to benefit from it.

Somebody on their board pointed out this fun stat:

Last 2 games 0-17 on 3rd downs

From what I understand from other Chargers fans I talked to, the fanbase is split over whether they think they need a more serious rebuild and don't trust Bill to see it through based off his recent history vs people who think the team is a lot closer and think he can be the spark.

There's also resistance due to him being a defensive coach in the modern NFL and being 72 coming in. Which frankly, ageism aside, I get a team not wanting to say "we are far away and this guy isn't going to be here to see through all the work we need". It's my biggest hesistation right now. I don't think we are all that close and the best move is a big reset and Bill at his age probably doesn't have the will to do that and a lot of decisions will be based on whether he is here to benefit from it.
I saw a couple of people who like the idea based on the fact he'd bring a winning culture and a foundation for what they believe is a pretty good group that's not necessarily that far away. Sort of interesting to see that type of third party perspective.

This poll has 1200+ votes:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back