PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 12 Other Games Discussion Thread

I don't see the Pats losing more than 1 game the rest of the season. If the Ravens lose tomorrow, very high probability they get the #1 seed.

Patriots have

5 games left
3 possible losses left

Ravens have

6 games left
4 possible losses left

Advantage: Patriots

Patriots have

5 games left
3 possible losses left

Ravens have

6 games left
4 possible losses left

Advantage: Patriots

I think that 3rd possible loss against the Bills at home is more like 1/2. The probability of a loss is much lower than @CLE or home to PIT for the Ravens.

As I stated pats just need to win 1 out of the next 2 and they should have HFA

The defense creates a ton of turnovers. It's easy for him to sit back and watch for an open guy because he has the best o-line and TE in the game. Literally has nothing but time behind that o-line.
You apparently haven't watched them much. Injuries have had him under pressure a lot. When they protect him and he can sit back, it's great. But it hasn't been that way all the time. It wasn't that way much of the first half. He was having to get the ball out in under two seconds.

Also, people..please stop comparing other team’s WRs to ours! We utilize thee most intricate offensive system in the entire league. You also have no idea what they’re asked to do in that respective offense. Just because player X was drafted after one of our players and seems to be doing well in a certain scheme, doesn’t mean they’d be killing it here in NE. There are many variables that go into it. One of them is called..wait for it........CONTEXT.

I’m not saying anything new or innovative. Many posters have quoted similar sentiments before, but it’s quite annoying when people don’t use common sense. Then again; it ain’t too common.

The NFC is so exciting. What a powerhouse conference. Just glad the Pats play in the AFC and won’t need to come out of that meat grinder of a conference. We are worried about a couple of teams being threats; imagine needing to worry about San Francisco, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Green Bay, and Dallas?

You done messed up, A-a-a-a-aron! Go film some more stupid State Farm commercials!!

Pats match up way better against teams like GB, NO, or Seattle. Niners have a better roster than all three. They would present a huge challenge. But that's way down the road to worry about.

Last edited:
Actual ESPN headline this morning: “Jimmy G Edges Rodgers in Week 12”

I was expecting some of the air to come out of the Niners balloon tonight. After this game I'm forced to accept that balloon is actually an airliner

And that airliner is actually superman.

You apparently haven't watched them much. Injuries have had him under pressure a lot. When they protect him and he can sit back, it's great. But it hasn't been that way all the time. It wasn't that way much of the first half. He was having to get the ball out in under two seconds.

Pats match up way better against teams like GB, NO, or Seattle. Niners have a better roster than all three. They would present a huge challenge. But that's way down the road to worry about.

Niners weak link is still their QB. We shall see . I think our defense can rattle jimmy g.

Carson Wentz is terrible.

Darnold had a good game.

Mike Thomas 1242 ryards and 6 TDs with 5 games to go.

It's the crazy Time of the year where on CBS we get 2 NFC teams on Boston TV. Would like to watch the Bills.

7 of the 8 teams featured yesterday were NFC teams. That total will go to 8 of 10 after tonight's Bal at LR game. And they'll do that again on Thanksgiving.

Well, over the past 4 games he's thrown 11 TDs while our guy has 4.
Garoppolo has 741 yards, 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions against AZ and 1990 yards, 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions against every other team.

He leads the NFL in yards after the catch and his average in the air per completion is 5.3 yards. He also is in the top 5 in turnovers.

Just noticed something...

Pats played Cleveland (who were expected to be pretty good). Cleveland coming off the bye.

Pats then played Baltimore in Baltimore. Baltimore coming off the bye.

Pats then played Philly in Philly. Both teams coming off the bye week.

Then Dallas.

Now on to Houston in Houston. Not a bye, but Houston had the Thursday game. 11 days to prepare.

I only point this out because all I heard at the beginning of the year was how easy their schedule was - and it is an easy year because of the rotations that were predetermined (divisions to play) and the lack of long travel time (AFCN, AFCE, NFCE). That stuff is all baked in years in advance.

But the particulars of that schedule, listed above, are pretty sucky. Keep that in mind the next time you hear one of the Boston jerkoff bigmouths hinting at some conspiracy theory by the league to favor New England.

Four of the 6 games that were known to be their toughest stretch, and all six in a row, included teams with extra days of rest and preparation.

I'm glad it's like this, by the way. One of the things that concerned me this year was whether or not they'd be battle-hardened for the playoffs. Yesterday's game convinced me that they are.

As for San Francisco, Kyle Shanahan (sp?) is a really good coach and they've got some A+ talent. I wouldn't make them the favorite to win the SB right now because they'll have a tough road, whoever they draw, and they haven't got the experience...but, yeah, they're really good on both side of the ball.. Most complete team in football at this point.

7 of the 8 teams featured yesterday were NFC teams. That total will go to 8 of 10 after tonight's Bal at LR game. And they'll do that again on Thanksgiving.
The AFC is the red-headed stepchild of Thanksgiving.

Just noticed something...

Pats played Cleveland (who were expected to be pretty good). Cleveland coming off the bye.

Pats then played Baltimore in Baltimore. Baltimore coming off the bye.

Pats then played Philly in Philly. Both teams coming off the bye week.

Then Dallas.

Now on to Houston in Houston. Not a bye, but Houston had the Thursday game. 11 days to prepare.

I only point this out because all I heard at the beginning of the year was how easy their schedule was - and it is an easy year because of the rotations that were predetermined (divisions to play) and the lack of long travel time (AFCN, AFCE, NFCE). That stuff is all baked in years in advance.

But the particulars of that schedule, listed above, are pretty sucky. Keep that in mind the next time you hear one of the Boston jerkoff bigmouths hinting at some conspiracy theory by the league to favor New England.

Four of the 6 games that were known to be their toughest stretch, and all six in a row, included teams with extra days of rest and preparation.

I'm glad it's like this, by the way. One of the things that concerned me this year was whether or not they'd be battle-hardened for the playoffs. Yesterday's game convinced me that they are.

As for San Francisco, Kyle Shanahan (sp?) is a really good coach and they've got some A+ talent. I wouldn't make them the favorite to win the SB right now because they'll have a tough road, whoever they draw, and they haven't got the experience...but, yeah, they're really good on both side of the ball.. Most complete team in football at this point.

Nobody can convince me that the schedule wasn't fixed intentionally to make it more difficult for the Pats. It isn't working though.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back