PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 12 Other Games Discussion Thread

After trailing the NFC by 12 games earlier this season, the AFC is now only 3 games behind, and it will probably go to 2 games after Baltimore beats the Rams tonight.

Why did Philly get rid of Foles and keep Wentz? They should have gone the other way. Speaking of Philly, I had fun watching their game yesterday.

The Bills have had the 3rd best record in the AFC for weeks but were still behind two of the NFCLeast teams in the rankings, in spite of having a better record than both.

Drew Brees, who doesn't get as much credit here as I think he should, is looking better after he had a few games off. It reminds me of Brady's suspension season.

After listening to Gronk whine about the Pats being unhappy with wins, it's pretty clear he didn't enjoy his time here. If he comes back I don't think it will be with the Pats unless Belichick is gone.

The Jete have 4 wins and 3 of them came against the NFCLeast, whose only win yesterday was Washington's at home vs (3-7-1)Detroit. That should tell us something about that over-rated division.

I like Jimmy Garoppolo and I'm glad he's doing well now, even though he's an NFC guy. He's no Tom Brady though, then again, nobody is but TB12.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the most unlikable QB's in the NYFL and I always enjoy seeing him put up a stink-bomb. Talk about over-rated.

If the Pats had to take any active QB other than Tom Brady, my choice would be Russell Wilson.

Garoppolo has 741 yards, 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions against AZ and 1990 yards, 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions against every other team.

He leads the NFL in yards after the catch and his average in the air per completion is 5.3 yards. He also is in the top 5 in turnovers.
You can cherry pick stats all you want. His team is 10-1 just like ours, his QBR and QB rating are both better than Tom's. he's completing nearly 70 percent of his passes. All while being an infinitely less experienced player. But go ahead and tell yourself he sucks.

You can cherry pick stats all you want. His team is 10-1 just like ours, his QBR and QB rating are both better than Tom's. he's completing nearly 70 percent of his passes. All while being an infinitely less experienced player. But go ahead and tell yourself he sucks.

He doesn't "suck" at all and he's running Shanahan's offense beautifully. They could very well get a ring this year.

He doesn't "suck" at all and he's running Shanahan's offense beautifully. They could very well get a ring this year.
They are a well-constructed football team. It will take someone playing very well to beat them

You beat the 49ers defense with short quick passing, misdirection, and outside runs

Well, I wasn't replying to you. There's a segment of people here who think he's mediocre, there's also a segment that think he's terrible. I'm not sure why it's impossible to have more than one good QB in the league. In terms of the young guys coming up now, clearly Mahomes is on top, but JG is somewhere in the group just below him. There's a reason Bill liked him so much.

Stand by your Jimmy.

See, this is where you make your mistake. He isn't MY Jimmy. He's San Francisco's Jimmy. When is Gronk getting here? I mean, you gave us an iron clad guarantee!

Deebo Samuel looks incredible after the catch...exactly what you want in a young big WR

Why did Philly get rid of Foles and keep Wentz? They should have gone the other way. Speaking of Philly, I had fun watching their game yesterday.

Eagles didn't get rid of Foles. They took his $20m option but Foles bought himself out for $2m and then signed a $88m contract.

Eagles didn't get rid of Foles. They took his $20m option but Foles bought himself out for $2m and then signed a $88m contract.

Thanks. I don't usually follow that side of things. Could they have kept either QB?

Warm take: Ravens lose tonight and their bye is no longer a certainty.

Well, I wasn't replying to you. There's a segment of people here who think he's mediocre, there's also a segment that think he's terrible. I'm not sure why it's impossible to have more than one good QB in the league. In terms of the young guys coming up now, clearly Mahomes is on top, but JG is somewhere in the group just below him. There's a reason Bill liked him so much.
Much just be coming off the ACL tear, but that Seattle game really concerned me about Jimmy with how quickly he panicked in the face of pressure.

I don't recall him being so scared of pressure when we had him. Niners fans also say he isn't running nearly as much as he did pre ACL tear.

Deebo Samuel looks incredible after the catch...exactly what you want in a young big WR
He had a very good game last night. He's dropped some very routine balls this season but hopefully for the 49ers, he's passed that.

SF looks really good...Gb was never in the game...

This uniform matchup tonight is amazing, I don’t mind an all color game here and there

Attachments

• 8FEE5EC8-64FF-4B2A-B968-8D7939F32404.jpeg
    8FEE5EC8-64FF-4B2A-B968-8D7939F32404.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 1
I hope the Rams found their cure for the hangover

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey