• Texans win by 6 or less

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Texans win by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a classic 'water seeks its level' game.

The pats played so fantastic and such a clean game last week. I think this week will see them making more mistakes. Turnovers and penalties. It also has to do with the Texans. They aren't good but aren't bad. They are 2-7 but clearly aren't that bad. A lot of things have gone against them. Tough opponents. Close loses. Not finishing drives. They had their worst offensive game of they year last week. They should bounce back. Add in it being an away game for the pats and I like the Texans to pull out a close win. Texans 23-20. But the same score the other way wouldn't surprise me either. The only thing that would is a decisive double digit win by either team.
All too plausible!

Need Gilmore back for this game. If not we are looking at another nail biter. Cooks has been on fire lately. Gilmore can put the clamps on that. Plus it would be good to get him some playing time before having to deal with Hopkins.

This game is a MUST WIN for us. Currently, I am seeing it as:

We must win @HOU and @LAC.
Split the ARI and @LAR games.

That puts us at 7-6 with 3 conference losses going into the final 3:

@Mia - 10 days rest
BUF - Home game
NYJ - Home game

We will know by December 10th whether our season is alive or dead....25 days from now.

If we go 3-1....we will probably set up a HUUUUGGGGEEE AFC East game @Mia vs. Tua Tagovailoa!!!! And Miami plays Buffalo in week 17!

=============

For week 11:

ARI @SEA - Root for the Cardinals so that they come to Foxborough riding high!
NEP @ HOU - A MUST WIN.
PHI @ CLE - A win by the hapless Eagles helps us get the Browns to 6-4.
TEN @ BAL - Doesn't matter who wins..one of them will be 6-4!
MIA @ DEN - Let's hope Denver pulls it out using some of that Mile High thin air magic!
GBP @ IND - Root for the Packers to get the Colts to 6-4.
KCC @ LVR - Root for the Chiefs to get the Raiders to 6-4.

Update:

Now, we will play 4 games in the next 20 days.

Arizona lost and now they have 10 days off before traveling cross country....not gonna be easy to beat them, IMO. I really like Budda Baker...but man Metcalf was making sick plays all night...even on Patrick Peterson.

And IMO....we need to root for the Eagles hard this weekend....we absolutely need Cleveland to drop a few games because they really have an easy remaining schedule (don't even see them finishing worse than 10-6).

Sounds like we are getting Gilmore back just in time before going against Cooks/Fuller/Stills.. great timing. And a good decision -- with even better outcome -- to hold a player with a knee injury out of a wet, slippery game last Sunday.

Also happy to hear Wino keep getting snaps inside. Whatever helps the team.

Definitely better off with him, but imagine how much more this would matter if the dumbest trade of all time never happened. Is Fuller the #1 in Houston now?

Definitely better off with him, but imagine how much more this would matter if the dumbest trade of all time never happened. Is Fuller the #1 in Houston now?
They have old friend cookie too

I don't think he plays again this season. He wants that third contract. I don't blame him.
I can't respect a player who signs his name to a contract and doesn't honor it.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Another big brain narrative dead.

Now, we will play 4 games in the next 20 days.

Arizona lost and now they have 10 days off before traveling cross country....not gonna be easy to beat them, IMO. I really like Budda Baker...but man Metcalf was making sick plays all night...even on Patrick Peterson.

And IMO....we need to root for the Eagles hard this weekend....we absolutely need Cleveland to drop a few games because they really have an easy remaining schedule (don't even see them finishing worse than 10-6).
"we need to root for the Eagles hard this weekend"
I simply cannot bring myself to do that despite the #s. Especially the hard part. Is it 3 or 4 hours? Asking for a friend.

FWIW, Playoff Status gives the Pats an 80% chance of making it to the postseason if they go 6-1 the rest of the way (10-6), but only about a 25% chance of making the playoffs if the team wins five of the last seven games (to finish 9-7).

I will be curious to see how much the numbers change if when some of these 6-3 AFC teams lose Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down