• Texans win by 6 or less

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Texans win by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's significantly about the Vegas influence which I think they can now say isn't negatively effected by allowing a much more flexible roster management system. Another factor is both the players union and the owners wanting to keep costs down (limited number of contracts) and player job security (even if PS player comes in and performs, the IR player could get fully healthy and retain full contract not having to rush back and have to compete for their spot until the next season). We'll have to see if those factors weigh heavily or are proven inconsequential in a non-COVID environment.

Why would the number of contracts matter ? Either way there is a salary cap and a cap floor over a four year period.

The small roster sizes and restrictive IR rules were always more about teams not stashing young players.

Why would the number of contracts matter ?
You answered your own question. Management could stash a bunch of developmental contracts in an unrestricted IR system (which would increase significantly in cost when it's now a bidding war across all the teams to keep that developmental talent vice the cost stability in place with the restrictions now where they're all near/at minimums). That would both pressure the union (I can replace you easily with known, system familiarized PS player X) and create uncertainty in a bettor's market where the roster isn't as predictable. I don't agree with keeping it, but I also don't think that it's a foregone conclusion it remains in place post-COVID.

Hopefully, the sound will be off where I watch the Pats

Listening to the JJ Watt package handlers all game long would be torture. Please God do not let Herman Munster have a sack. We will never hear the end of it in 2020 and beyond.

suspect it to be a very difficult game on the road. Watson is far better passer than jackson and they have far speedier wideouts. We have two weeks where we barely beat the jets and did somewhat easily vs the ravens. Not sure which team shows up sunday. Lets hope the ravens team.

Key is keep being on the right side of the turnover battle. Keep protecting the ball and on defense - swarm and drop the hammer.

Really not sure what happened leading up to the Ravens game but guys were laying the lumber nearly every chance they got. It almost feels like in the locker room the "world vs us" attitude has been adopted. Playing with purpose. Something I haven't felt since ....sometime late last year.

The journey continues...

Gilmore at practice.

Gilmore at practice.

He's been at every practice since his injury except for a couple.

Still will be surprised to see him again this year. Just for the fact that the team didn't think he needed to go on IR yet he's now missed 3 weeks which he could have been on IR.

Says to me the team thought it was a minor injury but Gilmore is holding himself out.

Biggest concern in HOU is if Watson gets a'runnin'. Our edge rushers are not good in contain... even Collinsworth noted that if Lamar had decided to run on a handful of plays they would have probably beat us. And that was in the downpour, in good weather we've got to contain Watson, and limit the deep strikes. Then on O, keep the running game pounding, and start using Izzo 5-7 times on pass plays, and get back to the 3 WR targets with Byrd. They can find a good balance if they want to.
Someone should tell Colinsworth that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas. He needs a large box of tissues after Pats wins.

Last edited:
Seems like we play them every year now, and it looks like the Texans vs. the Texans, or the flying elvises vs. the flying elvises.

Sick & sad, since both cities used to have pro football teams with iconic, classy, good looking, traditional uniforms.

Now they look ugly & stupid.
As I was re-watching the Pats game in those ugly new uniforms, I started to wonder how many teams beside the Pats have changed their original logo? I then starting thinking about you. Have there been others beside the Pats and Oilers?

Another thing I noticed while watching the Ratbirds game was that Harbawl in his mask reminded me of someone or something from somewhere. Maybe it was a cartoon character but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Biggest concern in HOU is if Watson gets a'runnin'. Our edge rushers are not good in contain... even Collinsworth noted that if Lamar had decided to run on a handful of plays they would have probably beat us.

Collinsworth is unabashed Pats hater. His reaction to Butler's SB INT said it all. Guy was more shocked at the playcall than seeing a SB clinching INT at the goal-line. He also start bringing the defamegate sh** when Brady was leading a 4th qtr comeback in that one. Feck Him.

Also there's stuff from the game that contradicts Collinsworth opinion

such as this

He's been at every practice since his injury except for a couple.

Still will be surprised to see him again this year. Just for the fact that the team didn't think he needed to go on IR yet he's now missed 3 weeks which he could have been on IR.

Says to me the team thought it was a minor injury but Gilmore is holding himself out.
Why would Gilmore do this? It's baffling that you would think this???

Gilmore needs to play this week.

Why would Gilmore do this? It's baffling that you would think this???

-Pats reportedly tried to trade Gilmore in the off-season

-Gilmore misses a few days in training camp

-returns and gets more upfront money for this year

-puts house on the market with a trade day deadline for offers

-goes out injured in a practice 3 days before the trade deadline

-has tweeted some cryptic stuff

Yes i'm tinfoil hatting but this kind of stuff just adds up for me where I'm just not sure it's a series of coincidences

Yes i'm tinfoil hatting but this kind of stuff just adds up for me where I'm just not sure it's a series of coincidences
If that was his story I can see Bill benching him and that wouldn't be hidden for very long. At worst I think he's being very cautious about his injury - maybe with next year in mind.

The guy is making something like $15 million this year. He's a football player and loves to play. He's not faking it to miss games with a thought to next year.
How come no Julian post about him doing the same? It can't just be that Julian is on IR and Gilmore isn't.
This sounds awfully similar the crap that was thrown out some time ago about Gilmore hanging out with Cam and some women who weren't their wives.
Something really stinks here.

As I was re-watching the Pats game in those ugly new uniforms, I started to wonder how many teams beside the Pats have changed their original logo? I then starting thinking about you. Have there been others beside the Pats and Oilers?
Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back