PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are posted as the #2 likely suspect for Lamar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was reported as being pre-planned. 3 series to test the ankle, and then let Zappe play. After that Mac played 100%.
I don’t believe it was planned, but who knows.

I don’t believe it was planned, but who knows.
I think Mac, if I remember correctly, even confirmed it was pre-planned. Seems like a stupid thing to me, but that offense did a lot of stupid stuff.

You're almost there. Your preference smartly is for Lamar. I'm convinced the Patriots aren't winning with Mac, and could with Lamar, so it's worth the risk on the commitment because if you don't switch it up you're not getting there anyway. May as well go for broke. I'm ok with high risk high reward (although I don't consider the risk to be as high as some... his injuries really have not been severe). Lamar will have a better supporting cast and overall team here and I like his chances with BOB.
Almost where? LJ is a slightly above-average passer. So is Mac.

Mac will win games with BOB and the pass-catchers and Rham but if healthy, LJ gets you 4k+ yards of total offense and 30+TDs. Mac gets you that only with a WR1. LJ is a more talented player and this NEP offense needs game-breaking talent.

For me, LJ is only getting 3 years and mid-tier starting QB money is because he is not durable, has a bit of a 'tude and hasn't proven himself in the playoffs. Plus it's cap-friendly and they still need help on D and O to compete for a SB

Last edited:
Just a wild stab....could the Jets be in the picture for Lamar Jackson if they dont want to play games with Green Bay ??

I'd be fine with sticking with Mac, or trading for Lamar to be honest. Each shifts the focus of your team building strategy to something else, but both could be successful if they do things right. I would rather not give up two firsts for Lamar though, as I at least want next year's first to help put pieces around him. Otherwise what's the point?

Just a wild stab....could the Jets be in the picture for Lamar Jackson if they dont want to play games with Green Bay ??
I don’t think so read that the compensation for this year is sorted it’s next seasons compensation they are hung up on.

However the Titans, Falcons, Colts, Vikings are all a threat to grab Lamar Jackson.

I'm stuck on 1. there is a person named "Meek Mill" 2. that person is known by everyone here but me 3. that person has Kraft's phone number.

I'm stuck on 1. there is a person named "Meek Mill" 2. that person is known by everyone here but me 3. that person has Kraft's phone number.
He’s a “rapper”. I honestly couldn’t name not a single song of his. But he is a buddy of Krafts.

Nobody wants Jackson here more than me but I doubt it's happening if RKK was so public about it.

People are blowing Jackson's injuries way overboard. You can't operate like and he's been hurt in the pocket. It happens. Scared money don't make money. Again you can't operate worrying if football players are going to get hurt. And btw our own Mac was hurt and out last year. If he missed 3-4 games this year, is he injury prone???

If Mac + 14 gets you Lamar you have to consider it. You'd be extremely dumb not too and yes obviously you're paying him. Again some of you think you're too clever when it comes to spending. You're not getting elite players without paying them and gods knows this team needs elite players.

Not happening though. I would ****in torture some of you guys if it did and the gods won't give this Irishman the satisfaction of being right all the time.
I agree 100%... couldn't be a more perfect post regarding LJ. I'd like to add my perspective as well. To me as you perfectly stated we aren't getting elite talent unless and elite player is here at the QB position.

We were always able to attract elite players on both sides of the ball due to always being at QB.

I like Mac and I know he'll be better this season however Lamar has expressed that he'd like to come here.. It's a no brainer.. I'm doubtful it happens too, However it's nice to think about it actually being a possibility. Mac + 14 would be the deal that should be offered to Baltimore if it ever becomes a reality.

Meek is an well known music artist that developed a relationship with RKK due to his unjust imprisonment in Philadelphia. They have a great relationship. Google Him it will tell you all you need to know..

RKK is probably the most fun, open and accepting owner there is in the NFL.. I'd seriously doubt any of the other owners are as grounded as RK is..

Meek is an well known music artist that developed a relationship with RKK due to his unjust imprisonment in Philadelphia. They have a great relationship. Google Him it will tell you all you need to know..

RKK is probably the most fun, open and accepting owner there is in the NFL.. I'd seriously doubt any of the other owners are as grounded as RK is..

Jonathan? Is that you?

Pats should make this happen for the right price, Lamar would be an excellent complimentary piece to Rhamondre and reduce his load

I don’t understand why Kraft would say this if you have confidence in Mac. Doesn’t what he said strain a relationship that already has problems. This isn’t just a hey wake up Mac.

IMO they know Mac isn’t the guy.

Pats should make this happen for the right price, Lamar would be an excellent complimentary piece to Rhamondre and reduce his load

in order for this to happen they would have to create a lot of cap space this year. I just don’t see Bill mortgaging the future with picks and money.

He should but he won’t.

The fact that Kraft would even bring up Lamar wants to play for NE and that it would be up to Bill to make it happen tells me he’s open to meeting Lamar’s desired compensation. It’s really interesting

The fact that Kraft would even bring up Lamar wants to play for NE and that it would be up to Bill to make it happen tells me he’s open to meeting Lamar’s desired compensation. It’s really interesting

What does this say about their confidence in Mac, especially if they can’t get a deal done and Mac stays. Relationship is already strained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back