PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are posted as the #2 likely suspect for Lamar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine they actually make the move for him it’ll be nuts! I really like Mac seems like a good dude but if you’re asking me who I’d rather see starting for NE no doubt it’s Lamar. He’d be the one player on offense maybe besides Rham that strikes fear in defenses.

Why did they pass over Lamar in the draft? Too late now. Buy low not high. Screw him and his ridiculous money demands. Mac will do fine with a supporting cast and real coaching.

Why did they pass over Lamar in the draft? Too late now. Buy low not high. Screw him and his ridiculous money demands. Mac will do fine with a supporting cast and real coaching.
? So because we F’d up in the draft, we need to double down on our mistake. Insanity…

That's the exact trade I'm calling for... Mac, #14, and next year's 2nd.
The trade makes sense but the deal doesn’t, I don’t see them doing a 6 year fully guaranteed deal.

Previous BB quote:"Without a doubt," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said when asked if Jackson has answered questions about his abilities in the pocket. "It's the type of the player, the MVP type of candidate. I think he's more than answered them. But, we'll see what his contract is, that will answer them."

We had Cam so this is not foreign to BB.

O.K....Lay it on me.....

DW Toys

You've posted some pie in the sky stuff before... but this doesn't seem to be the case with Lamar Jackson. I'm also hearing reports on youtube that the Patriots are interested. In particular there seems to be a report that someone texted Bob Kraft to say that Lamar Jackson was interested. I don't know if this is true or false but Bob Kraft doesn't like losing.

I know that Kraft has been on the 'support Mac Jones' bandwagon lately. BUT if Belichick comes up to Mr. Kraft and tells him, Lamar Jackson can get us back into playoffs and even become Super Bowl contenders, I think he changes his tune real quick. BB's public media praise of Jackson has also been nothing short of effusive. Now I don't know if the admiration is genuine or just his usual 'shine up the opponent' approach but where there's smoke there could be fire.

I'm going to be following this one with fascination. I totally won't be mad if the Patriots cough up the 1st round picks and the money to trade for Lamar Jackson. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... But yeah, super interesting stuff.

giphy.gif

Every fan desires his/her team to be better. Especially Patriots fans know well how the win tastes and it is so hard to be accustomed not to watch our favourite team in playoffs.
Is it a risky move to get Lamar because of his style of playing and being injury prone? Of course it is as risky as counting on Mac's development. IMO every success demands risk. Lamar is a rare talent and if rumors are true he wants to play for us - it means something. If this move means I believe my team is a contender again , go and get him BB. Of course for a reasonable price which won't ruin our budget and salary.

The Patriots need to play this out carefully. If their interest is legit then they either better be all in and do whatever it takes to land Lamar, or come out and shut the rumors down completely.

I feel the relationship with Mac is already in a fragile state. Between the benching last season and the non endorsements from Bill, you can’t go in on Lamar and not land him. I think Mac will be near broken at that point.

Your first quoted sentence is pretty misleading. He missed one game in 2018 when he sat out the last game because they had already clinched the bye. He missed one game in 2019 when he was on the reserve/covid list. However, because of his injuries the last 2 years I strongly agree with "pass"

I admit I don’t know the details of every time he missed games. I just looked and saw he missed at least one game since 2018. Clearly he looks to be becoming injury prone with missing close to a third of the season each of the last two years.

To me, it comes down to the number of years of guaranteed money. He’ll give them a better chance to win than Mac. But this is the same problem Baltimore has. They want to keep him, but are offering him 3 years of guaranteed money while he’s asking for 6. There’s no way I’d give him 5 or 6 years at the top QB rate considering his playing style. He really should have hired an agent.

Does NE have to create anymore cap space if this were to go down?

The problem with Lamar is that as his threat to run diminishes, his pocket passing becomes less effective.

The problem with Lamar is that as his threat to run diminishes, his pocket passing becomes less effective.
I believe his throwing from the pocket has improved a lot since his rookie year, people don’t give him enough credit.

The Patriots need to play this out carefully. If their interest is legit then they either better be all in and do whatever it takes to land Lamar, or come out and shut the rumors down completely.

I feel the relationship with Mac is already in a fragile state. Between the benching last season and the non endorsements from Bill, you can’t go in on Lamar and not land him. I think Mac will be near broken at that point.

What benching last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey