PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse teams have won the SB. We may have to fluke it out on offense and have the defense click once the postseason begins (like the Giants teams of 2007 and 2011) — but so be it.

Last edited:
Pats are obviously an underdog heading into these playoffs. Will likely need a positive turnover margin to win games at KC and Baltimore if they are able to win a tough one next week. Unlikely but far from impossible. 1985 team lived off of turnovers that postseason and faced bigger odds than this team does. (and fortunately there is no Bears waiting at the end if they get that far)

The defense has gotten progressively worse.

The pass defense in particular. Drops and overthrows from Andy Dalton and Josh Allen created an illusion that all is hunky dory with the NE defense. When Its not back on planet reality. Mahomes and Jackson will complete those passes which brings us to the next minefield.

The Pats cannot get too far behind and play catch up because they struggle to convert 3rd downs and score points.

Josh need to find something that works and stick with it.

Remember when everyone was saying how Wynn's return would solve all the offensive woes, and then as the weeks went by, the offense continued to struggle and the Michael still sucked?

Here we are at the end of December, looking at Wildcard weekend. The team STILL doesn't have a playmaker, not even a trump card up the sleeve. The defense has shown they give up when faced with adversity.

If they can't even beat Ryn Fitzpatrick, AT HOME and up by 4 with less than 3 minutes to play in the 4th, how are you gonna go into Kansas City and Baltimore and punch them in their mouths? LMFAO!

The defense has gotten progressively worse.

The pass defense in particular. Drops and overthrows from Andy Dalton and Josh Allen created an illusion that all is hunky dory with the NE defense. When Its not back on planet reality. Mahomes and Jackson will complete those passes which brings us to the next minefield.

The Pats cannot get too far behind and play catch up because they struggle to convert 3rd downs and score points.

I wonder how much Steve Belichick is to blame...I'm not saying he won't be a good coach but Bill has given him an awful lot of responsibilities and he doesn't have much experience.

I flip between it was fixed all along or they just sucked. I mean they didn’t play D like they have in the secondary most of the year. They gave up trying to block a FG which never happens. I dunno and we have no idea the conversations that happen at the highest levels. Mahomes or Jackson in the SB is probably what’s wanted.
You cant possibly be serious about thinking its fixed, right?

If so, why would the NFL wait until the pats won 6 superbowls and 9 straight bye weeks to decide they wanted to switch it up?

Titans are in complete control now, up 21-7. Looks like it's Titans round 1

Titans are in complete control now, up 21-7. Looks like it's Titans round 1

I'm really worried about Derrick Henry going Ray Rice 2009 on us next week...

Josh need to find something that works and stick with it.
Josh just needs to find new work, period. I wont shed a single tear if/when he leaves

K Harry reminds me of David Boston and Im being totally serious.

I was hoping for a Larry Fitzgerald.

I'm really worried about Derrick Henry going Ray Rice 2009 on us next week...
Let it happen. Put us out of our misery early so the team is forced to make serious changes in the offseason

I wonder how much Steve Belichick is to blame...I'm not saying he won't be a good coach but Bill has given him an awful lot of responsibilities and he doesn't have much experience.

I wondered the same.

Dolphin WRs run free and Patriots WRs have a man 12 inches away.

Was he bad today? I missed the game.

All of a sudden playing the raiders is possible

In his first year he, Mayo and BB produced one of the best defenses this league has seen in the last 20 years. So this is the last place I'd be looking at.

Remember when everyone was saying how Wynn's return would solve all the offensive woes, and then as the weeks went by, the offense continued to struggle and the Michael still sucked?

Here we are at the end of December, looking at Wildcard weekend. The team STILL doesn't have a playmaker, not even a trump card up the sleeve. The defense has shown they give up when faced with adversity.

If they can't even beat Ryn Fitzpatrick, AT HOME and up by 4 with less than 3 minutes to play in the 4th, how are you gonna go into Kansas City and Baltimore and punch them in their mouths? LMFAO!

Edelman is out there playing hurt. Props to him. They should focus on winning next week. That’s not a given.

In his first year he, Mayo and BB produced one of the best defenses this league has seen in the last 20 years. So this is the last place I'd be looking at.

I wouldn't call any defense that has given up a ton of points to Baltimore, KC, Houston, and Miami an elite defense. They are what they are - a good defense that plays great against average offenses. An elite defense would NOT have allowed Miami to march down the field in the 4th quarter when a bye was on the line.

Boston has two one thousand year seasons. The jury is still out on harry. We will known next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back