PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
0ap3000000963179.png

Pats got Montana’d by this guy...yeesh.

The way we played today, it doesn't matter who we play next week. We need to focus on just playing better, if we play the way we did today, we're going to have a hard time being anyone
So we need to win at home next week.

I don't care where we have to go, or who we have to play.

I still like our chances. I still like our leaders, our players, our coaches.

Emotionally, I never gave up on the Patriots.

Intellectually, I've also had no reason to this century.

It's not like Edelman got a season-ending injury today.

We take it one day, one practice, one game at a time.

We're on to next week.

We can rest in February.

Is there another quarterback, anywhere, you'd rather have going into these playoffs?

Not for me.

Those who thought Antonio Brown wasn’t going to be the story of this season were kidding themselves back in week 3 and hopefully have snapped back to reality now.

Bob Kraft tanked this season the minute he caved into media pressure.

Of course they won't admit they were wrong. They'll hide and pretend they never made an argument for ditching brown.

exactly. team just doesn't have it this year. Been saying this for awhile. b-more is too good. No one's beating them at home.

And that's okay they don't have it this year. 3 SB wins in five years. Three straight SB trips. The team (And organization) shouldn't be ripped to shreds. They don't deserve blame. It happens. It's life.

Fitting it’s the 10 year anniversary of the last time they played in wildcard weekend. Interesting parallels between the 2009 and 2019 squads. Teams that were good but inconsistent.

Those who thought Antonio Brown wasn’t going to be the story of this season were kidding themselves back in week 3 and hopefully have snapped back to reality now.

Bob Kraft tanked this season the minute he caved into media pressure.

Sure, because AB was guaranteed to do absolutely nothing else wrong, and not get suspended by the league, for the rest of the season.

At the rate things were going, I wasn't sure he was going to make it two more games.

Sure, because AB was guaranteed to do absolutely nothing else wrong, and not get suspended by the league, for the rest of the season.
Hmm considering this was the alternative, I’ll take my chances with not hastily cutting Brown.

Let the NFL do the dirty work, of which we’ll never know if they even would’ve.

What a disaster today's game was. Possible opponents for next week include Tennessee, Buffalo, or Pittsburgh.

edit: Buffalo is number 5, so it will be Tennessee or Pittsburgh. With Houston resting all their starters it will most likely be Tennesee...not a matchup I'd look forward to
The biggest reason we're playing next week is the ref rob job against the Chiefs.

I still defy any team in this league to beat us the rest of the way.

The three scenarios are:

1. Tennessee: TEN wins
2. Pittsburgh: PIT wins + TEN loses
3. Oakland: OAK wins + TEN loses + PIT loses + JAX loses

But even with a bye, was this team truly a SB contender? That's why this doesn't hurt. This team wasn't beating three straight playoff teams. A rebuild is necessary.

Unlikely, but having a week off and allowing some key players to heal up a little bit can’t hurt.

Regardless of a bye or not going to Balt and winning would have been a tall task. I think they could have beat the chiefs at home if they brought their A game.

This thread is full of cowards. Oh noes we got the 3 seed and we have to go on the road one more game than we were going to. Oh noooo. I’m so sad.

Pathetic. Talk tough all year and then cry over adversity. Should be shot out into the sun.

So we need to win at home next week.

I don't care where we have to go, or who we have to play.

I still like our chances. I still like our leaders, our players, our coaches.

Emotionally, I never gave up on the Patriots.

Intellectually, I've also had no reason to this century.

It's not like Edelman got a season-ending injury today.

We take it one day, one practice, one game at a time.

We're on to next week.

We can rest in February.

Is there another quarterback, anywhere, you'd rather have going into these playoffs?

Not for me.
No way this team wins 4 straight

This thread is full of cowards. Oh noes we got the 3 seed and we have to go on the road one more game than we were going to. Oh noooo. I’m so sad.

Pathetic. Talk tough all year and then cry over adversity. Should be shot out into the sun.
I actually predicted a 12-4 season but I didn’t predict a wild card season

The Pats were pretty much destined for a clash with KC in the Divisional round regardless of the outcome of today's games.

Who’s crying? The team isn’t that good and lost to a team who was basically tanking up until today.

If you’d like to believe they’re legit contenders by all means go ahead.

The three scenarios are:

1. Tennessee: TEN wins
2. Pittsburgh: PIT wins + TEN loses
3. Oakland: OAK wins + TEN loses + PIT loses + JAX loses

How does Oakland get in with an equal record to Tennessee when they lost to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes