PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Amendola is going to be 34 years old next season! Edelman will be 33.
What's the LT plan if Brown leaves? A rookie? Wynn who is coming off an Achilles rupture?

Obviously an Achilles is a tough injury to come back from but not impossible. I’m still banking on Wynn being the future LT of this team.

Golden tate is a talented veteran whose skill set is a perfect fit for the Patriots. The only thing he can not do is stretch the field. They could really use someone who is a deep threat to open up the middle.

I’ll take someone who can open early. Most of our throws are short to medium range anyway.

Obviously an Achilles is a tough injury to come back from but not impossible. I’m still banking on Wynn being the future LT of this team.

Yeah and the injury happened early too Wynn should be more than ready to go. We have Three Thirds I would use one a Future Offensive Tackle.

Conventional wisdom says at least a year to recover and you're never really the same. Not trying to be a downer, just tellin it like it is.

This is ridiculous.

Dorset played in all 16 games and started 2 games. His start numbers in those games- 12 targets, 5 receptions, 42% catch rate and 0 TDs. 1 game he was shutout 0 receptions and 0 yards.

6 different games Dorset racked up - 0 receptions and 0 receiving yards.

Phillip Dorsett 2018 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Im not buying that Dorset is open but Brady wont throw him the ball when Gordon came in off the street and started 11 games putting up games with 130, 100, 96, 81, 70 receiving yards.

Could that be because Gordon was open?

I could get into this with you, but you either don't know what you're talking about or don't care about the facts, so it's not worth the time. So, instead, I'll leave it at this:

snap counts

Phillip Dorsett 2018 Fantasy Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
targets/receptions

Phillip Dorsett 2018 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

As of now, our DTs are Guy and Butler with no backups.

I suggest that DT is a higher need.

We have Edelman and that is it, and he is a FA next year. Guy is signed for 2 more seasons at least.

Sure that’s fine. Not at the $ he’s making it’s absurd.

Not really. He is making 3.3m which is actually below market for a contributor like him.

Do we really need to have the same idiotic dance as we had last offseason where people were pissed about his cap number, only for others to remind them that almost non of it was guaranteed which meant he'd have to restructure in summer to avoid being cut ?

He will either ask to be cut right before FA if he thinks he can get a good deal somewhere else or sign an extension that lowers his cap hit from 6.9m to somewhere in the 4-4.5m range at some point before the season begins in exchange for bigger guarantees.

Same procedure as every year with big contracts that have no guarantees.

Conventional wisdom says at least a year to recover and you're never really the same. Not trying to be a downer, just tellin it like it is.

Are we still in 2011 ? Because "being never the same" has not been true for achilles injuries in a long time. Take Wilfork as an example. He came back without losing anything at a pretty old age for a DT.

Also if something with his recovery is going wrong the team would know by now. It is not like they have to wait until OTAs to see if he hits his monthly recovery milestones.

was chris long the last FA to sign with us because of chances to win a ring?

now after 3 in 5 and going to last 3 SBs, we may see the vets do that some more from other teams, who all is in that category? (made a bunch of money but has never been to playoffs/SB)
Give them Jason McCourty's cell number and ask him to tell them how much fun he had winning 14 games and a ring this year compared to ZERO, Nada, Zilch last year....

I’d have Andre Roberts as my plan b if Patterson prices himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back