PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure that’s fine. Not at the $ he’s making it’s absurd.

Which has nothing to do with rating his performance and capability, i.e. "bum"

Dorsett does not get open.

Brady has to throw in tight windows. The KC game the DB was all over Dorsett but he luckily caught the ball for a TD.. Edelman gets separation and thats why he is Bradys go to guy. Gronk is just big enough to go up and get the ball even though he was slower this year due to injury. The Pittsburgh game said it all when Brady had few options to throw the ball.

Luckily, Gordon came available at a discounted price. NE had to take a chance on Gordon because the WR position was so bleak. Without Gordons 720 receiving yards the weakness would have been more glaring.

Then you factor in age. NE needs a young crop of WRs yesterday and the time to train them is now while Brady is still playing. No Sir, draft a TE and at least 2 WRs who can hopefully produce as much as Hogan and Dorsett did this season.Were only talking about a combined total of 822 receiving yards and 6 TDs.

He'll be fine when matched up against #4 corners, or safeties. That's the role he should be playing - a substitute player who is the least likely option on the field for the Pats. He doesn't get open when he's covered by the better players on the defense. What team has someone far better than Dorsett as their #4 WR? He knows the system, he and Brady are starting to communicate...this is not a roster problem, it is a roster asset. They need to fill in above him.

How much is Trent Brown actually worth in FA? A lot of his success in NE is due to Brady's quick release. Is another team really going to empty the vault for him?
Lots of money floating around there and lots of really really bad teams with mon ey to burn in their pockets.

I believe Trent Brown will be signed to a massive contract (to match his size) by a team desperate for a Left tackle. He had a great season for Pats and was very good for niners. I think it is unlikely Pats would match a contract for him

I hope Trey Flowers is franchised

It is time for Gronk to retire

I suspect both Mccourty brothers retire.

I think Hoyer, Hightower, D. Allen, Gostkowski and Hogan are released

Danny Etling or new QB becomes backup

Brady and Edelman are extended for another 2 years each

Resign Cordarelle Patterson, Jermey Hill, Malcolm Brown and Dorsett,

Players who did not play much last uear who start getting integrated into 2019 action; Derek River, Duke Dawson, Isaiah Wynn, Bentley, Sam, Keionte Davis, Stephen Anderson, Ufambu Kamalu, Ryan Izzo

Key draft FA targets- top tier TE, wide receivers, young safeties , defensive tackle

surprise- Danny Amendola is released by dolphins and resigned by Patriots

Brady said he doesn’t like being called the goat because he’s not done yet. 6 is not enough

I don't know if the Pats could realistically keep both Brown and Flowers, but I hope at least one of them is ultimately kept.

Brown was far more good than bad, and he had a mostly great playoff run. I never worried about him for much of the season. I worried with Solder at times. Besides, pinning the entire future on a kid coming off an Achilles seems a risk. But alas, some needy team will make it rain.

Flowers CLEARLY makes your DLine better. He probably will not get you 15 sacks, though maybe he can in a different system, but he's one of those players where the whole is truly greater than the sum of parts. If my choice mattered, I go Flowers over Brown. But he'll also get an offer he just can't refuse. The word is out about him in the coaching and scouting circles. He will be a hot item and he knows it. I'm sure the Pats approached him and he balked. It will ultimately come down to what the Pats are willing to match vs what they aren't willing to match.

Won't BB have to change the name of his boat again? :D

Bradydaman...your post popped up just as I was typing, lol.

He'll be fine when matched up against #4 corners, or safeties. That's the role he should be playing - a substitute player who is the least likely option on the field for the Pats. He doesn't get open when he's covered by the better players on the defense. What team has someone far better than Dorsett as their #4 WR? He knows the system, he and Brady are starting to communicate...this is not a roster problem, it is a roster asset. They need to fill in above him.

Edelman will be 33
Hogan 31
Patterson 28

Its time to replenish the WR position. Dorsett staring to get it is nothing to count on. 290 receiving yards and 3 TDs in 2018. Hope is not a plan.

We should draft a qb.

Dorsett does not get open.

Brady has to throw in tight windows. The KC game the DB was all over Dorsett but he luckily caught the ball for a TD.

What the hell are you talking about? Dorsett beat his man. Brady threw an underthrow (whether deliberate or not), which allowed the defender the opportunity to mug the receiver. FFS, the problem there was that Brady leading Dorsett would have brought the back line of the end zone into play, not that the defender would have been there to make the play.

And in the SB, Brady had Dorsett open, but chose to go elsewhere with the ball. Whether that was because of progression number, or something else, is something we don't know.

with Brady at QB, the last thing you want is a return to 2015 ....... there aren't that many tackles hitting the market this year which means demand will also not be as great......unless someone hands him a vault, I would say he's the top priority. yes, Wynn is there, but as with anyone who completely misses their rookie year, I want to see him be something before handing over the job.

I'd even tag Brown just to have him for one more year.

As for Flowers, I trust him enough to give him a longer deal with lots of guarantees while trying to keep the 2019 numbers as low as possible to offset the tag for Brown

Lots of money floating around there and lots of really really bad teams with mon ey to burn in their pockets.

I believe Trent Brown will be signed to a massive contract (to match his size) by a team desperate for a Left tackle. He had a great season for Pats and was very good for niners. I think it is unlikely Pats would match a contract for him

I hope Trey Flowers is franchised

It is time for Gronk to retire

I suspect both Mccourty brothers retire.

Danny Etling or new QB becomes backup

Brady and Edelman are extended for another 2 years each

Resign Cordarelle Patterson, Jermey Hill, Malcolm Brown and Dorsett,

Players who did not play much last uear who start getting integrated into 2019 action; Derek River, Duke Dawson, Isaiah Wynn, Bentley, Sam, Keionte Davis, Stephen Anderson, Ufambu Kamalu, Ryan Izzo

Key draft FA targets- top tier TE, wide receivers, young safeties , defensive tackle

surprise- Danny Amendola is released by dolphins and resigned by Patriots

Danny Amendola is going to be 34 years old next season! Edelman will be 33.
What's the LT plan if Brown leaves? A rookie? Wynn who is coming off an Achilles rupture?

Hope we have a 2010 type draft, would love to get young pro bowl players at positions of need, I feel like this draft is the start of building dynasty 3.0.

I hope that we have a 2018 type draft. We got
2 starters: Michel and Jackson
2 potential starters: Wynn and Bentley
3 reasonably likely contributers: Berrios, Dawson, Crossen
3 maybes: Izzo, Etling, Sam
2 2019 picks: a 2nd and a 3rd

/QUOTE]
?????? Hightower should have been SB MVP!

The Arizona Cardinals would send BB roses for life if he did this

Which has nothing to do with rating his performance and capability, i.e. "bum"

Give me one more time this season where he was worth the $ he’s making. Just one please....take your time.

i.e Allen is a bum. One drive in the SB doesn’t negate two useless seasons for us.

How much is Trent Brown actually worth in FA? A lot of his success in NE is due to Brady's quick release. Is another team really going to empty the vault for him?

$10M AAV I would presume.

Danny Amendola is going to be 34 years old next season! Edelman will be 33.
What's the LT plan if Brown leaves? A rookie? Wynn who is coming off an Achilles rupture?
-fair point on Amendola, I missed the boat on that one
-Hightower is a tough decision. He is very slow, he is great against the run and on blitzes. He is injury prone. He has a big cap number.

Flowers is a must bring back unless you get Brandon Graham cheap.
Brown is a monster I badly want him back I'd bring him back Cannon played great but Brown is a monster.

At what price? How about $17M a year for 5 years, $50M guaranteed? Is that OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News