PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami: Official week 1 pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, for crying out loud, just like Nancy Reagan used to say….Just say NO to listening to those two a’holes. Really, it’s easy to do and easier to get used to keep doing so.
Exactly! There are certain people, places and or things that I know are probably going to annoy me. I can't control what they do or say but most of the time I'm free to use my built in Ignore/Avoid Button on stuff I don't like or enjoy.

In the past, people would call Belichick sending the team to Florida five days early after a 2-7 record in Miami in recent years a genius move. Now they are calling it an act of desperation.
It's like they moved the goal posts...

LOL! The thing is apparently the Patriots have no goal posts to move. That is why people are so upset.
Belichick did this deliberately.
All athletes know about " creative visualization" skills.Bill just wanted Nick to work on his.

I went out shopping this afternoon. Five minute drive from home. Radio was on Felger and Mazz and they were ragging on the crappy facility. Forty minutes later, my shopping done, back in the car for the five minute drive back home, and they were still going at it. Pretty funny, actually. They take a small thing and chew it to death.
So this morning I went out for another quick drive, this time for a medical appointment, and got to listen to Zolak and Bertrand still railing away on this. Piece of gristle just won't go down.

In the past, people would call Belichick sending the team to Florida five days early after a 2-7 record in Miami in recent years a genius move. Now they are calling it an act of desperation.
“People” are Bart Scott and Michael “Nantucket Ninnie” Felger.

An old familiar face, is he better than Herron or an inured Cajuste? hmm

So, last night...I started watching some saved games on the DVR from the 2021 season. My impressions:

Week 4 vs. the Bucs: OMG, we should have won that game easily. We couldn't run the ball at all...Mac was sharp except for 3-4 timely sacks he took and some bad penalties on Onwenu killing drives. Jon Jones was getting killed by AB...including a TD that was dropped by AB.

Week 6 vs. the Cowboys: OMG, we should have won that game easily...we were up with 2 minutes left...and the Cowboys having 3 TO's...but we only made them burn one TO before giving the ball back. Mac threw a bad INT and came back to Bourne for a great TD. But in the 4th and OT...Jonathan Jones was getting beat by Cee Dee Lamb...

Week 8 @ the Chargers: I was at the game personally...and looking for myself in the standings on TV...to no avail. That game was a lot tighter than I remembered...the D bailed us out that day and we put the game away nicely to pull to 4-4.

My overall impressions of these three games: The D was flying around....Mac was much better than I remembered...but still taking those drive killing sacks. The D was nothing like it was at the end of the season....I think our D just got gassed in the end...and some of our rookies like Barmore, Mac, and etc...hit the proverbial rookie wall. Barmore was moving bodies all over the place in the first half of the season.....

Up next...I have both Buffalo losses on the DVR....both where we didn't force a punt at all. Will post my thoughts when I re-watch them both before Sunday.

Maybe he lost weight and trained hard? Seems like the Pats had him in because there is some hope to sign him. Hope that does not mean Wynn's injury is worse than thought. Can't imagine Cannon beats out Wynn or Cajuste, or even Onwenu, at RT these days.

No thanks... WAY too unreliable. I'd rather have Solder if we're digging that deep.

EDIT: I really can't believe this is actually happening...

Last edited:
So, last night...I started watching some saved games on the DVR from the 2021 season. My impressions:

Week 4 vs. the Bucs: OMG, we should have won that game easily. We couldn't run the ball at all...Mac was sharp except for 3-4 timely sacks he took and some bad penalties on Onwenu killing drives. Jon Jones was getting killed by AB...including a TD that was dropped by AB.

Week 6 vs. the Cowboys: OMG, we should have won that game easily...we were up with 2 minutes left...and the Cowboys having 3 TO's...but we only made them burn one TO before giving the ball back. Mac threw a bad INT and came back to Bourne for a great TD. But in the 4th and OT...Jonathan Jones was getting beat by Cee Dee Lamb...

Week 8 @ the Chargers: I was at the game personally...and looking for myself in the standings on TV...to no avail. That game was a lot tighter than I remembered...the D bailed us out that day and we put the game away nicely to pull to 4-4.

My overall impressions of these three games: The D was flying around....Mac was much better than I remembered...but still taking those drive killing sacks. The D was nothing like it was at the end of the season....I think our D just got gassed in the end...and some of our rookies like Barmore, Mac, and etc...hit the proverbial rookie wall. Barmore was moving bodies all over the place in the first half of the season.....

Up next...I have both Buffalo losses on the DVR....both where we didn't force a punt at all. Will post my thoughts when I re-watch them both before Sunday.
Yeah majority of games come down to a few plays. That's the way the NFL works and why it's always so addicting to watch.

Man nbcsports boston has become insufferable

This should be a really good game on Sunday. The things u am looking for from the Patriots—I am confident that Mac Jones will be solid—is pressuring Tua by guys not named Matthew Judon and getting our TEs more involved.

I am wondering if this may be Marcus Jones’s coming out party. He could spell Jonathan Jones. Both have elite twitch to stay with the Cheetah.

I so can't wait for our season to start. The anti-Patriots/BB/Mac talk in the national and local media is past tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back