PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami: Official week 1 pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Edit: Dolphins favored by 2.5…fitting considering the game is in Miami.

Last edited:
I’m not a better, but aren’t dolphins favored if they’re minus 2.5?

Or are the pats still favored cause the home team automatically gets 3.

Pats are basically favored by .5. Vegas right now is saying this is a toss-up.

Ok, I’m not a better
Typically a home team gets 3 points so on a neutral field the Pats would be a .5 favorite.

If you bet NE the score is 2.5 NE - 0 Miami today. If Miami wins by 3 you lose your money.

The spread will likely move higher to entice more money on NE since NE is notorious for losing in Miami in September.

Them division and AFC games is overated.

Agreed. We've lost plenty of times to Miami and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Royalty doesn't concern itself with the part of the season where only peasants are meant to shine.

Another meaningless preseason game. I'm anxious for the more meaningful games to start in October.
They are all meaningful. That’s what’s so great about the NFL.

Right out of the gate they have one road divisional game and two additional AFC games (one road and one at home).

Agreed. We've lost plenty of times to Miami and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Royalty doesn't concern itself with the part of the season where only peasants are meant to shine.

Opening loss at Miami last year was costly...we would have won the division and possibly the 1 seed.

What are the Miami reporters saying on the outlook of the team for this season?

Opening loss at Miami last year was costly...we would have won the division and possibly the 1 seed.

So we don't win the division - who cares? This team will win its 7th Lombardi trophy. No one around here cares about worthless division titles. The millions of division titles we've won are probably located in the trash can at Gillette.

I was thinking the same thing, but they wouldn't have won the division because Buffalo had a better divisional record. However, had they won that week 1 MIA game and one additional game down the stretch in the AFC between Buffalo, Indy and MIA, they are a division winner and the #1 seed.

Last edited:
So we don't win the division - who cares? This team will win its 7th Lombardi trophy. No one around here cares about worthless division titles. The millions of division titles we've won are probably located in the trash can at Gillette.
Would you like to take a lifeline on this statement?

So the guy who joined the forum last Tuesday at 11:59 AM is all of a sudden an expert on what we care about around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes