PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami: Official week 1 pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Judon and Barmore are disruptive, I’m not sure you’re going to need much more than that. Two best D players on the field for either team tomorrow.

I am, and they will.

Both were agenda driven bullies, Borges was calling BB duplicitous pond scum before he even got to Foxborough. I don't miss either of them, especially RB's creepy turtlenecks.

Mike Reiss did a stint at the Globe and was excellent. Also, oddly enough, when they had Nick Cafardo reporting on the Pats, though he was clearly not doing what he most wanted, he was thorough, professional and open-minded. Borges, Shaughnessy, Gasper, on the other hand ...

Not that this has any effect on the game but a lot is made of Pats record in Miami, yet Pats are 8-1 since 2003 in Miami in Sept/Oct/Nov. The 1 loss was 2014 and that team won the SB.

Some X's and O's:

That's misleading though. In two games last year combined, Tua was 31 for 49 with 311 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INTs. That statline would be a good game for a QB except it was actually two games for Tua. Tua was pretty much a non-factor in the first game last year. He completed 15 passes in the first game and 16 passes in the second game. His QB ratings were 79.6 and 94.7. And the Dolphins ran the RPO a lot last year. Also, the Dolphins offense scored 17 points in the first game last year and 20 points in the second game last year (and the Pats' defense was old and slow by the end of the season last year).

I am sorry, but sometimes people overthink stats lines for their own good. Tua was mediocre at best in the first game of the season last year. He was efficient, but not a huge factor in the second game (the Dolphins defense scored as many TDs as the offense in that game). To say the Patriots struggled against Tua in the RPO last year is just looking at the stats to find a nugget and not looking at what actually happened on the field. I means 138 yards was nearly half of Tua's production in two games.

Last edited:
Opening day and the quest for the Cup.

While we're on offense I'll be watching our OL every chance I get, from snap to whistle...

While we're on defense I'll be looking to see if there's anybody at all who can provide disruption besides Judon & Barmore...
Those are the two most important variables: our o line and our pass rush. Put even a hint of pressure on Tua and watch him panic or make errant throws or bad decisions.

That’s why the Phins brought in the Judon slayer. Terron Armstead.

So watching the game I hope I don’t start thinking that we missed out in not drafting a disruptive end to pair with Judon.

Furious George Karlaftis, you would have looked great in a Patriots uniform.

A bit surprised at Meyers, especially with a Lil being activated.

He was elevated for ST (and WR insurance of course) like i mentioned ydy.
Meyers playing was quite expected, still they could have some situational plays ready for LiL

Expecting the offense to struggle, especially early on. It’s looked bad all training camp and preseason. I think it would foolish to think they have figured it in the past 10 days.

I think the decision to travel early and practice at a bodunk athletic facility wonderfully focused the mind. I now expect the Patriots to win this game, largely by this brilliant gambit by the head coach.

It’s Rocky-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore