PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami: Official week 1 pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready for some Patriots football. I never got upset about the lack of an offensive coordinator OC after Josh left. Best wishes to Josh. This and every team is a BB "in who I trust." team. If he wants to call offensive plays he will do it through a mouthpiece Patricia or Judge. Do I think that BB likes to lose? No. Do I think BB is a great HC? Yes. Do I think he would do something stupid knowing he would lose? No. Do I think that BB will lose to a first year, first game HC? No. Did BB take the team to Florida for five days of practice in the heat on a college soccer field? Yes. Is this new? Yes. Is it smart conditioning? Yes. Am I going to think the Patriots are going to lose? No, not with Bill Belichick as head coach an in who I trust.

Go Pats

Long before.

Borges hated BB and McDonough was all Parcells.
Both were agenda driven bullies, Borges was calling BB duplicitous pond scum before he even got to Foxborough. I don't miss either of them, especially RB's creepy turtlenecks.

Concerned the last couple weeks but I've warmed up a bit. Think we slug it out, sloppy offense which will be a prelude to the next several weeks til they hopefully find some rhythm.

20-17 Pats.

Both were agenda driven bullies, Borges was calling BB duplicitous pond scum before he even got to Foxborough. I don't miss either of them, especially RB's creepy turtlenecks.
Borges never got over his denigrating the Richard Seymour pick....who is now in the hall of fame. What an arse!

Haha what a faulking hack

I’ve been a critic of this offensive approach. I thought JM was a good OC. But I’m sick of the Puritan negativity too. I suspect some of the early dysfunction has ironed itself out and we’ll see a better performance on the field than expected.
I thought that McDaniels was good not great, he seemed to be pretty conservative for my taste. I was excited to see a more spread offense without a full back.

I’m extremely concerned by the output in the pre-season, but I’ve always been confident in Belichick’s ability to delegate running an offense to his specifications. The new play caller is much less concerning to me than the pre-season line play.

Low 90s w/ chance of rain around 1 pm. Should be humid as hell.

Based on what we have seen with the team over camp etc I have no idea where to look first OL/DL/Secondary/WR's/LB's ...pick one ?

Borges never got over his denigrating the Richard Seymour pick....who is now in the hall of fame. What an arse!

Haha what a faulking hack

Borges never got over how BB snubbed him in the men's room when he was assistant head coach under Parcells

Stevenson next man up... for Montgomery..... What the hell? There is an argument that Stevenson should be the guy over Harris. Honestly how does Lazar have a job? It was pretty much predicted Stevenson would probably see an increase in the passing game this year after he went 14 rec (on 18 targets) for 130 yards. People just assumed because he was a rookie playing with a rookie QB that he probably wouldn't be featured in the pass game his 1st year.
I think he was saying next man up as the 3rd down/passing back. Not that Stevenson is behind Montgomery on the depth chart

Hmm, wonder if this has to do w/ Meyers knee issue.
That is interesting. He had a good preseason (13 catches for 140 yards)...I wonder how they will use him against the Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes