PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bandwagoner. I've been a patriots fan since 1993 - I know the ups and downs of winning and losing. And furthermore, I've been on this forum since 2008. Y0u on the other hand joined a few months ago and weren't even here when they lost to 5 non-playoff teams last year.

Which is why I said I can't even imagine what kind of distraught suicidal mess you were last year. If I was here, I wouldn't need to imagine it.

giphy.gif

Won't give up on this team yet. I know, I see all the same problems everyone else does. But still 10-2. Still have Belichick, still have Brady. Still have 3 out of 4 games remaining at home.
No one is giving up on the team. People are simply expressing frustration due to the potential loss of an opportunity to repeat.

Patriots are definately making the playoffs.
Patriots are likely to get a bye.
Patriots are likely to win divisional round game at home.
It remains to be seen what happens in the AFCCG if on the road.

None of the above takes away from what "everyone in the world" is clearly seeing, the offense is stagnant and not SB ready. This is not Brady's fault. As he said, he gets paid to play not make personnel decisions.

No one is giving up on the team. People are simply expressing frustration due to the potential loss of an opportunity to repeat.

None of the above takes away from what "everyone in the world" is clearly seeing, the offense is stagnant and not SB ready. This is not Brady's fault. As he said, he gets paid to play not make personnel decisions.
Likely to win a divisional game? I’m not sure about that.

Looking at the schedule, after NE lays pipe on their b!tches from Kansas City, the only competitive game left is vs the Bills, who NE owns, and the game is in Foxboro. Looks like 14-2 is a lock, even though the team has mailed it in for a second consecutive regular season. Not bad for a dynasty that has become bored with football from September to December (which I can't blame them for.)

tenor.gif
You're overlooking the Red Rifle, he was hot yesterday pulling off an upset over the Jete.:p

Can anyone recall instances where Belichick has called this season's team "tough", "mentally tough", or other buzzwords he uses to indicate he feels good about a particular team?
Well he did give them off two Victory Mondays which I believe was unprecedented.

Which is why I said I can't even imagine what kind of distraught suicidal mess you were last year. If I was here, I wouldn't need to imagine it.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what I wrote that gave you any indication that I am a suicidal mess. I merely said Buffalo was going to be difficult. Some how, in that pea brain of yours, you equate that to suicide. My thoughts are rational - Buffalo won't be a cakewalk. You on the other hand seem to be the entitled patriot "fan" who thinks NE will win every year. I know better.

Can we use the Pass and Set up the Run: roll with White/Burkhead at RB. Sony is not a mystery it's either a Three yard run if he's lucky or a two yard loss. Let's just play hurry-up and spread em out minus Sony this might get Edelman killed but I think it's the only way we score consistently.

Look you can pretend like it was "just lip reading" but there was none of that involved in Harry being essentially benched after the INT. And then a day later we hear that we shouldn't have so high expectations of a guy in his third game.

Well what is it then ? Is he allowed to make mistakes or do we require perfection and his first mistake in the game gets him benched ?

The problem is that people then use those soundbites from Brady or other players through the week trying to make some kind of point. There is no point to make based on them. They are worthless PR speak.
There is no point to be made on any of it. People are so intent on cracking the code to understand what is going on internally that they blow every little out of proportion
For example do you know that Harry was benched because of that play, or was he kart if some packages and not others and the ones he was part of just weren’t used a whole lot?

I have never understood why people want to pretend they know the decision making, attitudes, relationships, etc within the team
so badly that they take a 3 minute press conference, conclude what they want to and fill in the assumption blanks to feel good about having “insight”. It’s all crap.

I'm not sure what I wrote that gave you any indication that I am a suicidal mess. I merely said Buffalo was going to be difficult. Some how, in that pea brain of yours, you equate that to suicide. My thoughts are rational - Buffalo won't be a cakewalk. You on the other hand seem to be the entitled patriot "fan" who thinks NE will win every year. I know better.
But they do win every year, at least to the level of the final 4. So do you know better?
I’m sure you had them one and done last year.

It's cute that you think this is about that one post, when you've been posting nonsense non-stop since last night.

Tell me more about how bad this team is and how they can't beat anyone good.

But they do win every year, at least to the level of the final 4. So do you know better?
I’m sure you had them one and done last year.

What does being in the final 4 have anything to do with beating Buffalo? And it's not like you were posting here last year. Another bandwagoner like questfor7homie.

Last year we lost two games in December and we all know what happened in the playoffs/super bowl. I expect us to correct some problems that we have and be a real threat again this year.

It's cute that you think this is about that one post, when you've been posting nonsense non-stop since last night.

Tell me more about how bad this team is and how they can't beat anyone good.

Nonsense? I challenge you to quote anything that I wrote where I gave an indication that I am giving up on the season.

Quite frankly, Ferentz looked pretty good at C after coming in (which shocked me).

He's smaller in stature like Andrews, but more active and gets his feet moving a lot more than Karras. His activity at the LOS pre-snap also caught my attention.

Based on what I saw from him last night, I'm not overly concerned if Karras has to miss some time.

I still would rather have Karras (familiarity, slightly more talent, etc), but the dropoff from Karras to Ferentz is not as big as the dropoff from Andrews to Karras, for sure.

Last year we lost two games in December and we all know what happened in the playoffs/super bowl. I expect us to correct some problems that we have and be a real threat again this year.

Last year we had three reliable pass catchers, Edelman, gronk, and white, along with a good running game that emerged late in the season. Someone needs to step up at the WR position for that scenario to repeat itself.

Last edited:

I hope you’re right but let’s be honest brady had guys he could trust last year and where at the spot where he needed them to be. Also it amazes me that this team won the super bowl last year with that offense which might give me false hope but they had a running game something that gets lost.

Nonsense? I challenge you to quote anything that I wrote where I gave an indication that I am giving up on the season.

Instead of me having to dig up your hilariously emotional posts from the last 12 hours, feel free to share with us your outlook for the team. You feel that the offense can't score and that the team can't hang with quality opponents, so I imagine you envision a quick playoff exit.

Instead of me having to dig up your hilariously emotional posts from the last 12 hours, feel free to share with us your outlook for the team. You feel that the offense can't score and that the team can't hang with quality opponents, so I imagine you envision a quick playoff exit.

So you make accusations against me, and then I have to to come up with the proof? The offense can't score and the team can't hang with quality opponents RIGHT NOW. This is a fact. But I never said they couldn't correct things as the rest of the season progresses. This is not suicidal, but it's a sentiment that I would imagine is shared by 90% of the real fans on this board. You and Ring6 are bandwagoners, on the other hand.

I am getting a 2015 vibe from this season, with the O and D swapping roles. The 2015 O was almost unstoppable before Solder and Lewis and Blount were lost for the season. The 2019 D looked unbeatable before week 9.

In 2015, the Pats were 10-0 before losing to the Broncos in Denver. They wound up losing to that same team in the AFCCG in the same stadium. This year, the Pats were 8-0 before losing to the Ravens in Baltimore. It is looking like the Pats will be facing that same Ravens team in their house in January. Let's hope that history doesn't repeat itself. I am not optimistic, but after last season you can't ever count this team out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes