PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we lost two games in December and we all know what happened in the playoffs/super bowl. I expect us to correct some problems that we have and be a real threat again this year.

Last year, the Pats had a really good team that underperformed in the regular season. They found their way, because it was always there. This team is nowhere as good as last year, and they are who they are, they dominate bad to average teams, get blown out by good teams. Will wind up with a better regular season record (most likely), but has no running game, the offensive line has had too many injuries, and Brady has ONE weapon he trusts (Edelman).

Even Gronk at the level he was at last year, he was still reliable as a pass catcher, and a GREAT blocker which helped the running game as well. Hogan was reliable (but not as good as previous years).

It's unfortunate, but a lot of blame can be placed on Belichick. Horrible drafting, ill advised trades and cuts of receivers has made this offense mediocre. To ignore 2 straight GREAT TE drafts in a row, to trade away tons of picks for future picks, or trading up to pick slow 2nd round DBs (that are hardly used, or just outright suck), when the weapons were there to make the offense better and extend the dynasty, is criminally bad. The Sanu trade is going to hurt, though it was a 2nd round pick, so thankfully they can't pick another 2nd round slow DB pick that is hardly used.

The trade up for DB SlowJuan Williams, I was pissed at the moment it happened, because I knew it was a huge mistake, when they had the draft capital to make a difference offensively. WRs Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf were selected in the original slots where the Pats had picks in the 2nd round, that infuriates me.

So you make accusations against me, and then I have to to come up with the proof? The offense can't score and the team can't hang with quality opponents RIGHT NOW. This is a fact. But I never said they couldn't correct things as the rest of the season progresses. This is not suicidal, but it's a sentiment that I would imagine is shared by 90% of the real fans on this board. You and Ring6 are bandwagoners, on the other hand.

I never said you were suicidal about this season. Might want to work on your reading comprehension, squirt. I said if you were this down on a 10-2 team, I can't imagine how suicidal you were last year, about an 11-5 team that got its ass handed to them by 5 non-playoff teams, mostly in games that were not even competitive.

What odds would you put on the Patriots turning things around for the playoffs?

Last edited:
I never said you were suicidal about this season. Might want to work on your reading comprehension, squirt. I said if you were this down on a 10-2 team, I can't imagine how suicidal you were last year, about an 11-5 team that got its ass handed to them by 5 playoff teams, mostly in games that were not even competitive.

They’re 10-2 with no identity on offense and the offense looks worse from week to week. I mean any team would take a record like that right now but there’s underlying problems that are not getting better.

Last year, the Pats had a really good team that underperformed in the regular season. They found their way, because it was always there. This team is nowhere as good as last year, and they are who they are, they dominate bad to average teams, get blown out by good teams. Will wind up with a better regular season record (most likely), but has no running game, the offensive line has had too many injuries, and Brady has ONE weapon he trusts (Edelman).

I'm sure the cool, calm, and collected individuals who post here were rational and took things in stride when the team was getting pounded mercilessly by the likes of Tennessee and Detroit, and lost games to the Dolphins and Jaguars.

I'm sure everyone was talking about how good that team was and how they would definitely win SB53 by holding one of the top offenses in the league to only 3 points, despite giving up 34 to Tennessee.

I never said you were suicidal about this season. Might want to work on your reading comprehension, squirt. I said if you were this down on a 10-2 team, I can't imagine how suicidal you were last year, about an 11-5 team that got its ass handed to them by 5 playoff teams, mostly in games that were not even competitive.

Again bandwagoner, I'm not DOWN on this team. I am merely pointing the obvious - they are not playing well NOW.

They’re 10-2 with no identity on offense and the offense looks worse from week to week. I mean any team would take a record like that right now but there’s underlying problems that are not getting better.

What was the identity of the offense in 2018 until literally the final 2 weeks of the season?

I'm sure the cool, calm, and collected individuals who post here were rational and took things in stride when the team was getting pounded mercilessly by the likes of Tennessee and Detroit, and lost games to the Dolphins and Jaguars.

I'm sure everyone was talking about how good that team was and how they would definitely win SB53 by holding one of the top offenses in the league to only 3 points, despite giving up 34 to Tennessee.

You obviously were not here on this forum last year when there were very few "cool, calm, and collected individuals" after those games.

What was the identity of the offense in 2018 until literally the final 2 weeks of the season?

Last year brady had guys he could trust to be in the right spot and a running game. It’s a lot different this year with miscommunication everywhere and guys not getting open. The offensive line was tremendous last year.

Again bandwagoner, I'm not DOWN on this team. I am merely pointing the obvious - they are not playing well NOW.

No one gets this worked up over the regular season unless they think it will translate to the postseason. The regular season, in and of itself, is entirely meaningless.

You obviously were not here on this forum last year when there were very few "cool, calm, and collected individuals" after those games.

That was my point.

Re-read my post. You'll catch the sarcasm.

Last year brady had guys he could trust to be in the right spot and a running game. It’s a lot different this year with miscommunication everywhere and guys not getting open. The offensive line was tremendous last year.

I am sure this is exactly what you would have said right after the Pittsburgh loss last year.

No one gets this worked up over the regular season unless they think it will translate to the postseason. The regular season, in and of itself, is entirely meaningless.

Have you watched the last 4 games with this team? Especially offensively.

Mahomes is out for blood after last year. Not good.

Last year, Brady had Hogan and Patterson as two of his top three WRs and the corpse of Gronk.

The running game was up and down all year, and only became dominant in the final two weeks of the season.

I am sure this is exactly what you would have said right after the Pittsburgh loss last year.

There’s no comparison of last year to this year even though people keep bringing it up. Look at last year look at this.

There’s no comparison of last year to this year even though people keep bringing it up. Look at last year look at this.

yup. Different team, different competition, different circumstances. No valid comparison.

You're right, there's no comparison.

The team looked soft both physically and mentally for 16 games last season, and lost to 5 non-playoff teams. That team had a much worse regular season showing.

Last year, Brady had Hogan and Patterson as two of his top three WRs and the corpse of Gronk.

The running game was up and down all year, and only became dominant in the final two weeks of the season.

The pats had a top 5 offensive line last year don’t know what the heck you talking about. They rushed for over 2000 yards. The corpse of gronk made big plays in the playoffs when they needed them. He’s better than any jag right now at wr excluding Edelman. Edelman also makes big plays. The chiefs made the mistake of not putting double coverage on him.

The pats had a top 5 offensive line last year don’t know what the heck you talking about. They rushed for over 2000 yards. The corpse of gronk made big plays in the playoffs when they needed them. He’s better than any jag right now at wr excluding Edelman. Edelman also makes big plays. The chiefs made the mistake of not putting double coverage on him.

On the other end, the defense looked like garbage for most of the season, and they were ranked poorly all throughout 2018, with people over on /r/Patriots saying that the team's soft defense, who couldn't stop the run, would cost them another SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3