PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots lose this game at home against the Cowgirls, I'm prepared to go full Kontra circa 2018, and say Pats don't make the SB. They obviously make the playoffs, may even get a bye, but won't make it out of divisional or CG.

The total lack of good offensive weapons will do this team in, despite the excellent defense the team possesses. Pats passing (ypa) is at #20, their running game (ypc) is tied with the Jete at #30. That's right, with the Jete! They only beat the Lolphins. Pathetic.

This would be a shame because during the preaseason the team had the potential of having great depth at WR, though it lacked TE depth. Losing both FBs (how does that happen), 1.5 OL starters, and subpar running has made the team one dimensional and predictable in the passing game.

I'm still picking them to win on Sunday, but it will be ugly. Hoping things start clicking somehow.

I am probably in the minority, but I am not prepared to call this D excellent yet when they failed their first test vs the Ravens.

If they shut down the Cowgirls I will believe they are legit.

Out of Conference road game for the Cowboys. Will they play harder if the Eagles lose or win at 1pm? Does this matter. I'm expecting another U-G-L-Y game from the offense. Fun!

If the Patriots lose this game at home against the Cowgirls, I'm prepared to go full Kontra circa 2018, and say Pats don't make the SB. They obviously make the playoffs, may even get a bye, but won't make it out of divisional or CG.

The total lack of good offensive weapons will do this team in, despite the excellent defense the team possesses. Pats passing (ypa) is at #20, their running game (ypc) is tied with the Jete at #30. That's right, with the Jete! They only beat the Lolphins. Pathetic.

This would be a shame because during the preaseason the team had the potential of having great depth at WR, though it lacked TE depth. Losing both FBs (how does that happen), 1.5 OL starters, and subpar running has made the team one dimensional and predictable in the passing game.

I'm still picking them to win on Sunday, but it will be ugly. Hoping things start clicking somehow.

Wait a second. If the Patriots lose tomorrow to Dallas without Sanu and Dorsett, are you saying that is a reflection on how they would do inthe playoffs when they have them back???

I'm not saying you said that, just giving you a chance to clarify the above......

Last edited:
It will be a Sony Michel/James White day tomorrow...

Not sure who is favored with the Cowboys having the flu, Van Der Esche injury, and our guys banged up...

Patriots -6.5

I suspect that will change once the news gets out that Dorsett and Sanu aren’t playing.

Wait a second. If the Patriots lose tomorrow to Dallas without Sanu and Dorsett, are you saying that is a reflection on how they would do inthe playoffs when they have them back???

I'm not saying you said that, just giving you a chance to clarify the above......

If the Defense craps the bed like they did vs Baltimore then I would say yes.

Defense is going to have to win this game tomorrow.

If the Defense craps the bed like they did vs Baltimore then I would say yes.

Defense is going to have to win this game tomorrow.

Your predicting the Patriots success this year based on a highly unusual offense we played...got it.

Your predicting the Patriots success this year based on a highly unusual offense we played...got it.

I am placing the success on this defense vs a very capable Dallas OL, WR, RB and QB.

Was the bad D game vs the Ravens a fluke? I don’t know we will see tomorrow is what I am saying.

I know the Cowboys have a lot of talent, but they are also very inconsistent and poorly coached. Just go back and look at the game against the Jets.

What I'm saying is if they lose tomorrow there is a good chance they don't get HFA and given the struggles at O, they won't make it past the CG.

Their terrible running game and subpar passing weapons makes this team not well balanced, and I don't believe SB championship ready. Now, if they win tomorrow, while lacking balance and 2 of the top WRs, against a fairly decent team, then they would show that "team has grit" (can't believe I just said that, lol).

Anyway, I'm obviously hoping I'm sooo wrong. Like Kontra said last year about the defense, this offense doesn't pass the eye test for me.

I know the Cowboys have a lot of talent, but they are also very inconsistent and poorly coached. Just go back and look at the game against the Jets.
True. Hopefully coaching makes all the difference in the world.

this offense doesn't pass the eye test for me.

At this point, how could it?

All we can do is hope it comes together by season's end or at least they can settle on something that works well enough to not be a burden on the defense.

........Now, if they win tomorrow, while lacking balance and 2 of the top WRs, against a fairly decent team, then they would show that "team has grit" (can't believe I just said that, lol)........

What's wrong with "grit"? It's precisely what far more talented teams like the Dallas Cowboys lack, which is why they are 6-4.

Grit is the difference why New England is 9-1 with all their personnel problems and Dallas is 6-4 with all their shiny objects.

For the decade before this year, the Pittsburgh Steelers were consistently considered the most talented team in the NFL. But they were stocked with talented dogfakers, hence, they never made out of the AFC since winning it all in 2009.

Grit gets results.

In the meantime, the NE Offense you see tomorrow will not be the one you see in January when Sanu and Dorsett are playing. There's no way to judge January based on them not having 2 of their 5 WRs.

Last edited:
Damn no Sanu or PD. Coward owner and poor personnel decisions did Brady wrong this year. So unfortunate man, it’s the mans final year or few years left with the team and their letting him go out working with absolute crap weapons. Unreal.

..... Like Kontra said last year about the defense, this offense doesn't pass the eye test for me.

It won't tomorrow either. No Sanu, no Dorsett.

Try to get an ugly win and get them healthy for the Houston game. The REGULAR SEASON is a marathon, not a sprint. The PLAYOFFS are a sprint.

Belichick knows the season is a big Rubik's cube. It's not won in September or October. There are turns in the road and unexpected dead-ends. As long as he has options to maneuver as the season goes on, he manipulates the rhythms of the race. The last legitimate time they did not win a SB (2017 was self-inflicted, and I'd love to someday read his rational) was 2015 when the injury lists grew ridiculous and the team had to rely on the Ghost of Steven Jackson.......As long as he has personnel that can get back to health relatively soon, he has room. This is why the position player who truly IS the biggest loss this year is Develin......

Like Kontra said last year about the defense, this offense doesn't pass the eye test for me.
An attempt at the reverse jinx by referencing someone who was so certain of his incorrect opinion about NE’s playoff chances that he spent all his time condescendingly mocking anyone who disagreed with his incorrect opinion, only to hilariously fall flat on his face. Well played.

What's wrong with "grit"? It's precisely the thing that far more talented teams like the Dallas Cowboys lack, which is why they are 6-4.

Grit is the difference why New England is 9-1 with all their personnel problems and Dallas is 6-4 with all their shiny objects.

For the decade before this year, the Pittsburgh Steelers were consistently considered the most talented team in the NFL. But they were stocked with talented dogfakers, hence, they never made out of the AFC since winning it all in 2009.

Grit gets results.

In the meantime, the NE Offense you see tomorrow will not be the one you see in January when Sanu and Dorsett are playing. There's no way to judge January based on them not having 2 of their 5 WRs.

There's nothing wrong with grit, it just reminds me of Chuck Pagano that said while tearing up, this team has grit, to the Colts after barely pulling out a win a few years back. Just making fun of that.

BTW, has anyone else focused on #18 and #29 on punt coverage. What a show those two are putting on. Slater and Bethel are the Lennon/McCartney of ST gunners. No need to mention anymore about Jake Bailey. He is going to turn into a freaking legend.

Tomorrow, a hothouse petunia southern dome team is going to be under the cold, dark, wet skies of Gillette.

This may be one of the rare games that I look forward to the Patriots punting!

NFL Weather Report: Week 12

"....The Cowboys-Patriots game has some cause for concern. The late start (4:25 p.m. EST) promotes lower temperatures as the game goes on. In addition, maximum rainfall will be at 0.06 inches per hour. That still falls into the Light Rain category..."

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with grit, it just reminds me of Chuck Pagano that said while tearing up, this team has grit, to the Colts after barely pulling out a win a few years back. Just making fun of that.

He also talked alot about "winning".

Don't let Pagano ruin a concept for you. If it were that easy.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes